ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri All-American DE Michael Sam comes out

Sam is obviously a beast on defense, wish he played for us. But it's interesting how accepting our culture is of homosexuality. Take the moral question out of the equation, homosexuality is a very unhealthy lifestyle. Those of you who use the mantra, "they want a normal life like the rest of us", really need to study the facts before you go with the cultural shift. 80% of homosexual men will suffer from prostate damage, ulcers and ruptures, and chronic incontinence and diarrhea because the human body was not created for such an act. 75% of homosexual men carry one or more STD, and that's not including AIDS. These include all sorts of non-viral infections like gonorrhea, syphilis, bacterial infections, and parasites. Also common among homosexuals are viral infections like herpes and hepatitis B (which afflicts 65% of homosexual men), both of which are incurable, as well as hepatitis A and anal warts, which afflict 40% of homosexual men. And I havena€™t even included AIDS. Most frightening is the statistic that, aside those who die from AIDS, the life expectancy for a homosexual male is about 45 years of age. That compares to a life expectancy of around 70 for men in general. If you include those who die of AIDS, which now infects 30% of homosexual men, the life expectancy drops to 39 years of age.

Bottom line, This lifestyle is horribly self-destructive and injurious to another person. So while Hollywood glorifies it and all the media outlets hide the health risks and solely focus on the human interest side of the story, the nation is led to believe that this lifestyle is as normal as any other. Where are the warnings? We mandate that every cigarette box is labeled with a warning because it's hazardous to your health, but no health warning to those who have their life span nearly cut in half! What a coverup! Talk about hypocrisy! America acts like the person who walks into the doctors office for an exam and says, "I don't care what you find, I just want to hear good news when I leave." And we call that compassion. What a sick society.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Tim1977:

Originally posted by sds522:

Originally posted by Phatmac662:
Dang now we associating Martin Luther King we this gay movement??? Really Now???
+100000

Look I have had gay friends and its no big deal but to compare him to MLK is crazy.
I understood it as a contrast not a comparison.
It was a contrast.

If somebody wants to be gay well good for them, it leaves more women for straight guys. Just stop with all the publicized announcements and "pride" stuff. All that stuff makes this into an issue. It's like the Gay Day at Disney World. When I accidentally found myself there for that a few years ago it came close to changing my mind to be anti-gay. Not because they were gay but because of the completely inappropriate T-Shirt slogans and going out of their way to display PDA to "show" everybody what their rights are and how "proud" they are.

In sports, this whole thing is media/agenda driven. They have been itching for an openly gay player in a major sport. They want incidents and conflict to happen so they can show how evil people are that don't want to shower with a person that could be sexually attracted to them. Well, how about I be allowed to shower with women if this is a non-issue?

I don't care what somebody chooses to do in their bedroom. I support gay "civil unions" with the same legal rights as marriage but think it should be called something else because it is not the same (just a fact, not a prejudice). I have no problem working with or interacting with a gay guy but I wouldn't be comfortable taking a shower with them. It isn't because gay guys are "predators" like Sam suggested in his interview. It's because it is exactly the same as if I was allowed to shower with women.

Gay day at Disney world? What? Ok that's taking it too far! If I took my kids there and it was a glorified gay day parade in a kids theme park I would flip. If you want to have all the displays and parades in adult settings have at it. But in a kids theme park is horrible judgement!

It won't be a problem if he's good enough. The NFL is a results and image driven culture, he potentially lost or gained a few million dollars by calling attention to his private life this way, just depends how it's handled. He already played major college football, pro athletes in this day and age don't really care about anything as long as they make money, the guy next to his locker is not his problem, it's the coach's problem.

Everybody should keep their sexual preferences and practices to themselves. No one whats to know if you find other guys attractive in the locker room.

Alex it's a publicity stunt, I couldn't make out of the first paragraph after reading how his publicist and agents were working deals for news crews on why he came out. If he wants to come fine. But why make a spectacle of it. Like that Britney Griner chic, as if no one could tell she was gay. Oooooookkkkkk and?

Originally posted by honeyiv:
Originally posted by Flea1384:
I'm for Gay and Lesbian Rights. I voted Yes on the Gay marriage ballot. With all of that being said. Sam should've kept his sexual preference to himself IMO. Why bring that type of attention to yourself. The nfl doesn't like this type of attention! IMO he made a mistake by coming out! I applaud him for having the Guts to do it! But he made a mistake IMO
You are only pro gay because you got your tailpipe RAMMED in JAIL!! You dumb ass bitch,
roll.r191677.gif

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
I have no problem with his preference but I think coming out will hurt his draft status in the NFL. I don't think an NFL team would like this kind of distraction.

If you want to know what a lot of players privately think about gays in the locker room Google what Jonathan Vilma said about it about a week ago.

Originally posted by JTH007:
If you want to know what a lot of players privately think about gays in the locker room Google what Jonathan Vilma said about it about a week ago.
I wholeheartedly support what this young man did, but unfortunately I am also of the opinion that he will go undrafted now. It is a sad reality that because this guy is not a super talent and wasn't going to be picked until the middle rounds at the earliest anyway, team executives are going to ask themselves, "why bring on this distraction for an average talent?" It's a shame really. Again, standing ovation for this act of courage, but I just can't see a GM bringing in a divisive presence to the locker room for an average / unproven talent. Hope that I'm wrong. This guy deserves a shot.

Originally posted by CANES!!!:
Sam is obviously a beast on defense, wish he played for us. But it's interesting how accepting our culture is of homosexuality. Take the moral question out of the equation, homosexuality is a very unhealthy lifestyle. Those of you who use the mantra, "they want a normal life like the rest of us", really need to study the facts before you go with the cultural shift. 80% of homosexual men will suffer from prostate damage, ulcers and ruptures, and chronic incontinence and diarrhea because the human body was not created for such an act. 75% of homosexual men carry one or more STD, and that's not including AIDS. These include all sorts of non-viral infections like gonorrhea, syphilis, bacterial infections, and parasites. Also common among homosexuals are viral infections like herpes and hepatitis B (which afflicts 65% of homosexual men), both of which are incurable, as well as hepatitis A and anal warts, which afflict 40% of homosexual men. And I havena€™t even included AIDS. Most frightening is the statistic that, aside those who die from AIDS, the life expectancy for a homosexual male is about 45 years of age. That compares to a life expectancy of around 70 for men in general. If you include those who die of AIDS, which now infects 30% of homosexual men, the life expectancy drops to 39 years.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
The most alarming statistic is that 30% of homosexual men in urban centers are HIV positive, and half of them don't know they are infected. Pointing out that promiscuity has a downside is now considered hate speech.

Hope the kid gets drafted and has a good NFL career.

This post was edited on 2/10 9:01 AM by legacy305

All the PC but truly do you want him on your football team(distractions)? If you own the team do you allow him to mess up your money? I don't think the kid will be drafted. If you have played sports and better yet football you know how the locker room is..as a coach and general manager are you willing to let him mess up your locker room and your job. Sad but true! Like some have said if he is good than he will play but he has to get a job first. His teammates at Missouri didn't care because he was one of the best if not the best player on the team, in the NFL he will be a rookie. On the field, he will hear it all and lawd if his coach and locker room is not strong..."it was the f@€s fault!"

The reason he came out is that someone asked him. He just wanted to get ahead of the rumors, own his situation.

That being said, the people who are objecting to his being out, people saying silly stuff like they would not want him on his team, that he should not be in the league are the reason this needed to be announced.

When we stop judging people over who they love then it won't be a big deal. Based on the posts in this thread, it appears people still care a whole lot about who other people want to spend their private time with. As a result, this announcement is needed.

We just inked a player who was openly gay on his team.

We a star in the league RIGHT NOW who is closeted gay.

When people stop caring then we can say who cares, and I hope that day comes sooner than later.

Heard he is also now considering a change of positions to center...
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by alexsiman:
It won't be a problem if he's good enough. The NFL is a results and image driven culture, he potentially lost or gained a few million dollars by calling attention to his private life this way, just depends how it's handled. He already played major college football, pro athletes in this day and age don't really care about anything as long as they make money, the guy next to his locker is not his problem, it's the coach's problem.
True...there is too much pressure for coaches to win now. If he can play, it won't be a factor. In fact, the better he is the less he teammates care about his preference too...lol.

It is like the black quarterback used to be and what the college black coach is today to a lessor extent. If you do the job better than your peers you are fine. If you don't, it this stuff causes problems with biggoted people.

Originally posted by Azar:

Now everyone's suppose to give him an "atta boy" for revealing that he likes to poke another man in rear? I find the act disgusting and no amount of this new gay socialization movement that's currently in progress will make me find such an act appealing. He really could've kept that sh*t to himself, figuratively and literally.
Exactly!

LMFAO.........
Originally posted by honeyiv:
Originally posted by Flea1384:
I'm for Gay and Lesbian Rights. I voted Yes on the Gay marriage ballot. With all of that being said. Sam should've kept his sexual preference to himself IMO. Why bring that type of attention to yourself. The nfl doesn't like this type of attention! IMO he made a mistake by coming out! I applaud him for having the Guts to do it! But he made a mistake IMO
You are only pro gay because you got your tailpipe RAMMED in JAIL!! You dumb ass bitch,

If the guy is gay who cares. I will bet you he is drafted lower now. Does he deserve that based on merit- no but the social ramifications of this will make gm's think twice about bringing that into the locker room.
Its amazing how 2 percent of the population has pushed their agenda to the forefront and how this has been pushed on young children. There are reasons why homosexual behavior has been frowned on .It helped destroy ancient Greece and Rome.It s not new .Its not progressive. It doesnt mean those that are gay should be punished for it. But it shouldnt be treated like a casual lifestyle choice because it isnt.

Don't think for one second in the back of his mind he's not thinking of a book deal. He is aware of his draft ranking and middle round prospects do not cash the big money. With that being said, it still took guts to do what he did in my opinion. I just don't see the need in telling anyone beyond your family and friends, unless you seek to exploit it in some manner. Sorry being for cynical.

"Sam is obviously a beast on defense, wish he played for us. But it's interesting how accepting our culture is of homosexuality. Take the moral question out of the equation, homosexuality is a very unhealthy lifestyle. Those of you who use the mantra, "they want a normal life like the rest of us", really need to study the facts before you go with the cultural shift. 80% of homosexual men will suffer from prostate damage, ulcers and ruptures, and chronic incontinence and diarrhea because the human body was not created for such an act. 75% of homosexual men carry one or more STD, and that's not including AIDS. These include all sorts of non-viral infections like gonorrhea, syphilis, bacterial infections, and parasites. Also common among homosexuals are viral infections like herpes and hepatitis B (which afflicts 65% of homosexual men), both of which are incurable, as well as hepatitis A and anal warts, which afflict 40% of homosexual men. And I havena€™t even included AIDS. Most frightening is the statistic that, aside those who die from AIDS, the life expectancy for a homosexual male is about 45 years of age. That compares to a life expectancy of around 70 for men in general. If you include those who die of AIDS, which now infects 30% of homosexual men, the life expectancy drops to 39 years of age.

Bottom line, This lifestyle is horribly self-destructive and injurious to another person. So while Hollywood glorifies it and all the media outlets hide the health risks and solely focus on the human interest side of the story, the nation is led to believe that this lifestyle is as normal as any other. Where are the warnings? We mandate that every cigarette box is labeled with a warning because it's hazardous to your health, but no health warning to those who have their life span nearly cut in half! What a coverup! Talk about hypocrisy! America acts like the person who walks into the doctors office for an exam and says, "I don't care what you find, I just want to hear good news when I leave." And we call that compassion. What a sick society.

Posted from"

Have you ever heard the saying some people can "live" more in 5 years than others can in 50 "

Its called education. Being gay is accepted more and more because society is realizing almost all gay people are born that way. They did not wake the fuk up one day and say hhmmmmm, I like another mans sausage. But I agree it should not be an issue and the media pushes for it.

I agree with 87 canes, he is no hero! It's his choice just like every thing else in this world. He want an standing ovation from me. That guy that holds on to his Christian values know matter what that's my hero!

Originally posted by TexasCane4Ever:

"Sam is obviously a beast on defense, wish he played for us. But it's interesting how accepting our culture is of homosexuality. Take the moral question out of the equation, homosexuality is a very unhealthy lifestyle. Those of you who use the mantra, "they want a normal life like the rest of us", really need to study the facts before you go with the cultural shift. 80% of homosexual men will suffer from prostate damage, ulcers and ruptures, and chronic incontinence and diarrhea because the human body was not created for such an act. 75% of homosexual men carry one or more STD, and that's not including AIDS. These include all sorts of non-viral infections like gonorrhea, syphilis, bacterial infections, and parasites. Also common among homosexuals are viral infections like herpes and hepatitis B (which afflicts 65% of homosexual men), both of which are incurable, as well as hepatitis A and anal warts, which afflict 40% of homosexual men. And I havena€™t even included AIDS. Most frightening is the statistic that, aside those who die from AIDS, the life expectancy for a homosexual male is about 45 years of age. That compares to a life expectancy of around 70 for men in general. If you include those who die of AIDS, which now infects 30% of homosexual men, the life expectancy drops to 39 years of age.

Posted from"

Have you ever heard the saying some people can "live" more in 5 years than others can in 50 "

Its called education. Being gay is accepted more and more because society is realizing almost all gay people are born that way. They did not wake the fuk up one day and say hhmmmmm, I like another mans sausage. But I agree it should not be an issue and the media pushes for it.
Tex, this is the biggest crock of sh*t I've read regarding this gay issue. In fact, most of the people participating in gay and bisexual activities are doing it by choice, a choice that has been encourage via the gay promotional atmosphere now going on. There is not one iota of proof of a gay gene or people being "born gay". The current gay boom is due to a strong marketing and political campaign by the Lgbt. Most of you have no clue as to what's really going on in the new gay movement/agenda. They've turned most of you into promo-sexuals (promoting a lifestyle that's anti-life and anti-nature). If someone wants to do it, do it and keep it to yourself but I ain't with promoting that sh*t like it's good because you get what you have now, an entire generation of confused kids.

Biggee: Tolerance and love are the biggest Christian values of all.

And whoever compared a gay person with a pedophile (the "should've gone to Penn State" joke)... I literally cannot think about a more ignorant comment. Same person that 60 years ago would've said that Jackie Robinson should've gone to a zoo.

This post was edited on 2/10 12:09 PM by TheHechtLives

Damn, we haven't agreed a lot in the past but you are dead on balls accurate on this issue.

Posted from"

Tex, this is the biggest crock of sh*t I've read regarding this gay issue. In fact, most of the people participating in gay and bisexual activities are doing it by choice, a choice that has been encourage via the gay promotional atmosphere now going on. There is not one iota of proof of a gay gene or people being "born gay". The current gay boom is due to a strong marketing and political campaign by the Lgbt. Most of you have no clue as to what's really going on in the new gay movement/agenda. They've turned most of you into promo-sexuals (promoting a lifestyle that's anti-life and anti-nature). If someone wants to do it, do it and keep it to yourself but I ain't with promoting that sh*t like it's good because you get what you have now, an entire generation of confused kids.

I'm not going to sugarcoat sht. It's 100% wrong!!! Who Gives a fuk tho.

i just don,t see the needs 4 him to tell the world the he is gay. he can do what ever he want but i will never ever think that life style is ok. u don,t have to tell us if u are holding a man hand or kissing one then we already know so why tell the world.

To me, this is much to do about nothing... This young man Sam felt like he needed to make an national announcement that he was gay for whatever reasons. Good for him, the story should end there. Now, the national media is making this more of a story of this than I believe is warranted. I don't care what gays and lesbians do in their private time because I don't care what 99% of straight people do in their private time. If gays and lesbians can be moral, productive, law-abiding citizens, then that is all I care about- everything else is nothing but noise to me.

As someone who grew up in South Florida and lives in Downtown Fort Lauderdale (which is about 5 miles south of the City of Wilton Manors, a well-known openly gay and lesbian city), I have become tolerant, and to a degree sympathetic of gay and lesbian given some of the prejudice which they have faced over the years. However, I do not appreciate having the national media and the mass gay and lesbian groups consistently force feed the rest of the country all of this gay and lesbian stuff which is often trivial.

If there is a legitimate national issue involving gays and lesbians, such as marriage or the adopting children, then those issues warrant discussions from both sides. However, an athlete stating that he is gay is about as important to the average American as the Winter Olympics.

Posted from"

happy0030.r191677.gif

Originally posted by canescanes1:
All the PC but truly do you want him on your football team(distractions)? If you own the team do you allow him to mess up your money? I don't think the kid will be drafted. If you have played sports and better yet football you know how the locker room is..as a coach and general manager are you willing to let him mess up your locker room and your job. Sad but true! Like some have said if he is good than he will play but he has to get a job first. His teammates at Missouri didn't care because he was one of the best if not the best player on the team, in the NFL he will be a rookie. On the field, he will hear it all and lawd if his coach and locker room is not strong..."it was the f@€s fault!"
This....it's part of the harsh reality and business in the NFL.

Ok... I am assuming everyone here is not a Christ follower as I am, which is why this gay movement and rights thing is so important... But, this fella, Micheal Sam, better go back and look at the 13th and 14th amendments of the U.S. Constitution...

1. Supreme Court decision in the Dred Scott Case where Chief Justice Roger Tanney said very frankly and plainly that the black man has no rights that a white man is bound to respect...

2. While he worried about his rights to a life style he best be concerned about his position as a Ditizen, cause he is definitely has no Citizenship in this country as a black man... Matter of fact, according to the U.S. Constitution Black Folk will forever be referred to as Chatto - Property, and I respectfully challenge any man especially black man on earth who can prove to me that based on the laws that are in practice and not theory that we as Black Folk are Americans... Please please understand that I really would love to discussion via email cause I know many of you guys are esquires of the law...

Originally posted by LoveTHUGU:
Damn, we haven't agreed a lot in the past but you are dead on balls accurate on this issue.

Posted from"

Hey, 1 out of 100 issues ain't bad, huh? They've really pull the wool over most people's eyes regarding this issue. As an earlier poster put it, not only is it unnatural, it's unhealthy. I'm no religious person by far, I follow natural, spiritual and holistic principles and homosexuality is surely not a part of my cultural heritage. I will not allow what has now become one of the most twisted and morally corrupt societies on earth to skew my thinking to the point of believing this is normal. What has now become the gay mafia(LGBT) has created an atmosphere of heterophobia. If you say you don't agree with homosexuality it's automatically assumed you hate gay people, the if you're not for us then you're against us philosophy. As much as I don't approve of homosexuality, I don't hate gay people. I do hate the promotion of the lifestyle and what amounts to societal corruption. We now have a sexually confused generation of kids/people who believe it doesn't matter who you screw, not because they were born that way but because they have been conditioned that way. The actual percentage of people who could make a case of being born that way are miniscule in comparison to the number of people participating in gay lifestyles. Gay and Bi are fads like skinny jeans now. I guarantee you if Nambla is successful in it's quest to get pedophilia accepted and "normalized" there will be plenty of weak minded people who acquiesce to that sexual deviance as well. Personally, I would not want an openly gay player on my team. It's not fair to those players who are uncomfortable with it. It's relevant because these guys shower together and are in locker rooms where they are constantly dressing in front of each other. It's not fair to force them to accept those circumstances.

Originally posted by Phatmac662:
Ok... I am assuming everyone here is not a Christ follower as I am, which is why this gay movement and rights thing is so important... But, this fella, Micheal Sam, better go back and look at the 13th and 14th amendments of the U.S. Constitution...

1. Supreme Court decision in the Dred Scott Case where Chief Justice Roger Tanney said very frankly and plainly that the black man has no rights that a white man is bound to respect...

2. While he worried about his rights to a life style he best be concerned about his position as a Ditizen, cause he is definitely has no Citizenship in this country as a black man... Matter of fact, according to the U.S. Constitution Black Folk will forever be referred to as Chatto - Property, and I respectfully challenge any man especially black man on earth who can prove to me that based on the laws that are in practice and not theory that we as Black Folk are Americans... Please please understand that I really would love to discussion via email cause I know many of you guys are esquires of the law...
Almost every point of law interpreted and discussed in the Dred Scott decision has either been receded or overturned by Amendments to the Constitution or subsequent U.S. Supreme Court decisions...

I can't imagine how anyone could argue with a clear conscience that the Dred Scott Decision, an opinion which was rendered over a 150 years ago in the 1850's prior to the Civil War, would have merit in 2014 with a black President (who I did not vote for), minorities on the U.S. Supreme Court, and after the Civil Rights Movement.

Just when you think you've read it all, this type of reply pops up. Wow...

Originally posted by advarkas:

To me, this is much to do about nothing... This young man Sam felt like he needed to make an national announcement that he was gay for whatever reasons. Good for him, the story should end there. Now, the national media is making this more of a story of this than I believe is warranted. I don't care what gays and lesbians do in their private time because I don't care what 99% of straight people do in their private time. If gays and lesbians can be moral, productive, law-abiding citizens, then that is all I care about- everything else is nothing but noise to me.

As someone who grew up in South Florida and lives in Downtown Fort Lauderdale (which is about 5 miles south of the City of Wilton Manors, a well-known openly gay and lesbian city), I have become tolerant, and to a degree sympathetic of gay and lesbian given some of the prejudice which they have faced over the years. However, I do not appreciate having the national media and the mass gay and lesbian groups consistently force feed the rest of the country all of this gay and lesbian stuff which is often trivial.

If there is a legitimate national issue involving gays and lesbians, such as marriage or the adopting children, then those issues warrant discussions from both sides. However, an athlete stating that he is gay is about as important to the average American as the Winter Olympics.
Varkas,

It should never have started with the announcement. So you're gay, be gay and do you! Why the big promotional announcement right before draft? This is intentional and strategic also. You don't think it was known that this would draw national media attention? And now the NFL is on the spot with LGBT because if he does not get drafted being a talented player, can you imagine the stink it's going to cause (no pun intended)? This is not about tolerance, no one is saying gay people can't be gay or should not have the same rights as everyone. In fact, other than marriage in some states they have exactly the same rights as everyone. This is about the hoopla, the celebration, and the cheering which equates to a gay promotion every time someone "comes out". If you like men, live your life but you ain't gotta market that sh*t. Just stand by and keep watching, you'll see where this madness is going......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT