ADVERTISEMENT

OT UPDATE 7/20 Miami Dolphins New National Anthem Policy - POS Ross now says he may not do anything

I hear and respect your opinion. I too would like to see the next step of the process now that the attention has been grabbed. What I can’t respect is you or anyone else deciding that someone’s form of protest should be disallowed because you are any grouo determines it is offensive. I won’t get into name calling I am into respectful debate.
But you are obviously not into our flag.

I hear and respect your opinion. I too would like to see the next step of the process now that the attention has been grabbed. What I can’t respect is you or anyone else deciding that someone’s form of protest should be disallowed because you are any grouo determines it is offensive. I won’t get into name calling I am into respectful debate.

No worries. No name calling. !! LOL

I am noone to tell you or anyone how to protest. Its their right to do that and that is one of the beauties that is afforded to us when we live in this great country BUT you also have to think about the repercussions that your protest will cause.

If they feel they are being disrespected which I'm sure do and that is why they are doing it, then why is it okay for them to disrespect people that feel passionate about the flag ?

All I am saying is just because you have a right to protest, it does not mean its the right thing to do. I have A LOT of rights, like everyone else but I can't go living my life offending and disrespecting people just because I have "a right" and trust me I have "a right" to do that BUT I DONT.

Its just common respect. That is all.

But you are obviously not into our flag.
Just as our flag stands for the right of white supremacists to preach hate it also stands for any individuals right to peaceful protest. I think what certain groups preach in public to be at least as offensive to many as kneeling during the anthem. I however will never root for those individuals right to their opinion to be silenced. What does those individuals waving a nazi flag in America under rights protected by that flag say about their respect for the flag? Didn’t many Great Americans die defending our flag against those loyal to the Nazi flag?

Just as our flag stands for the right of white supremacists to preach hate it also stands for any individuals right to peaceful protest. I think what certain groups preach in public to be at least as offensive to many as kneeling during the anthem. I however will never root for those individuals right to their opinion to be silenced. What does those individuals waving a nazi flag in America under rights protected by that flag say about their respect for the flag? Didn’t many Great Americans die defending our flag against those loyal to the Nazi flag?
These groups you speak of do not have the platform of a nationally televised NFL football game...Come on man! These guys are making millions playing a game they love to play in a country they love to hate.

BTW, fuk Nazi's!! I can't stand any bigot of any cause.

These groups you speak of do not have the platform of a nationally televised NFL football game...Come on man! These guys are making millions playing a game they love to play in a country they love to hate.

BTW, fuk Nazi's!! I can't stand any bigot of any cause.
Biggest problem here is you have decided the protest means these players “hate” America. Wrong but what makes America great is you are entitled to your opinion. I love America because everyone is entitled to their opinion

Biggest problem here is you have decided the protest means these players “hate” America. Wrong but what makes America great is you are entitled to your opinion. I live America because you are entitled to your opinion
It's easy to to under appreciate the things you love until they are gone. I have seen many people make this huge mistake, being it with family, work, ect....Just ask Kaepernick if he still would like to be making millions.

Reactions: foulkes
"We was forced here". LMAO !!! STFU !! Please tell me how YOU were forced here. LOL !!

Quit trying to pull the race card. The problem is you mental midgets don't realize that this is NOT about politics and race. You ignorant SOB don't realize what this is kneeling is doing is actually hurting your cause and counter productive. ITS DIVISIVE !! . Are you that fukin stupid to think this is actually helping you ?? LOL

Get real Dude. Again, you don't like the way things are done here in the beautiful U.S of A, then get the FUK OUT !!!

I'm Hispanic and I've NEVER EVER pulled that card so quit being a PU$$Y and find other positive ways to bring light to what they protest for and then maybe you might get people behind you instead of against you.

For the record, I support any type of protest and I actually agree that those issues need to be addressed. I'm not blind and I don't live in a fantasy world that thinks that racism is not present but I'm also not cool for retards like you who think disrespecting the flag is okay.
Jesus this is painful to read. You are only fired up about the subject because MAGA told you to be. This was all but dead until his dumbass decided to tweet about it, and now it is basically just a power struggle between the players and him. But you are coming on here and making it about patriotism. You're getting played like a fool by a slick politician. I give MAGA a lot of credit he really knows how to drum up the moronic wing of his voter base.

Jesus this is painful to read. You are only fired up about the subject because MAGA told you to be. This was all but dead until his dumbass decided to tweet about it, and now it is basically just a power struggle between the players and him. But you are coming on here and making it about patriotism. You're getting played like a fool by a slick politician. I give MAGA a lot of credit he really knows how to drum up the moronic wing of his voter base.
Shouldn't you be doing yard wrx?

I
"We was forced here". LMAO !!! STFU !! Please tell me how YOU were forced here. LOL !!

Quit trying to pull the race card. The problem is you mental midgets don't realize that this is NOT about politics and race. You ignorant SOB don't realize what this is kneeling is doing is actually hurting your cause and counter productive. ITS DIVISIVE !! . Are you that fukin stupid to think this is actually helping you ?? LOL

Get real Dude. Again, you don't like the way things are done here in the beautiful U.S of A, then get the FUK OUT !!!

I'm Hispanic and I've NEVER EVER pulled that card so quit being a PU$$Y and find other positive ways to bring light to what they protest for and then maybe you might get people behind you instead of against you.

For the record, I support any type of protest and I actually agree that those issues need to be addressed. I'm not blind and I don't live in a fantasy world that thinks that racism is not present but I'm also not cool for retards like you who think disrespecting the flag is okay.
Huh? are you dumb? I dont give a damn what you are!!! unless you're black and your ancestors or grandparents or great grandparents was slaves in America.....then keep your damn mouth shut, and Oh....I'll show you pu$$y! this isn't your pass or present. SMDH

Please Lord let them kneel, because that's like spitting in the face of this great country that was never great for blacks. this great country that killed many innocent men, Women and kids. this great country that steal, kill and destroy for greedy gain. this great country that plotted 911 to start a War for greedy gain. remind me....what makes this country so great again?

Please Lord let them kneel, because that's like spitting in the face of this great country that was never great for blacks. this great country that killed many innocent men, Women and kids. this great country that steal, kill and destroy for greedy gain. this great country that plotted 911 to start a War for greedy gain. remind me....what makes this country so great again?
Let me guess, the world is flat, and we never landed on the moon.

police officers has killed, the military has killed, The FBI and CIA has killed, but kneeling hasn't killed a damn soul. why so mad?

Let me guess, the world is flat, and we never landed on the moon.
Naw, but 911 was a inside job! follow the money trial. it's well documented that a 4 billion insurance policy was taken out right before it happened. we went to with Iraq!!!! War is big business buddy

You're the one that being played SNOWFLAKE !! You've been hypnotized by the ignorance of CNN but its okay well give you a break.

Its clear your intelligence or lack of intelligence doesn't allow you think outside the box. Did you ever think that people from either party are allowed to have their own opinions ? Its okay you know. lol You've fallen for what the media wants. Good job.

I could care less what Trump or MAGA, cute name btw, thinks. This is not about Trump. Its a matter of respect.

You Snowflakes are all the same with your rights and entitlement issues.

You're adorable !!

The reason we have the Nazi wannabe as president is exactly because people are tired of this BS. Dont you see it? Not to say the issues are not important but demonstrate it in other ways. I came here as a Cuban refugee and I am damn proud of what this country has done for me. U may find ways to justify it (freedom of expression) but this is guttural and in the long run it will turn around and bite you.

Class of 73
Would you stand for the Cuban national anthem? Your experience does not mandate the experiences of other Americans. Black Americans been in this country since its existence and before. Our American experience is different from any other immigrant. Our struggle has really paved the way for many rights that all of you have today. From the 13-amendment to the civil rights act of 64. Those laws dont apply to only Blacks. All the countless cases benefit all Americans but were originated because of the inequality that Black Americans endured. Black Americans have died, endured oppression, and fought for the America we live in but America has always failed to recipcate. My grandfather fought for America. WWIi but could not even where is,uniform home. My father fought in Vietnam but could not come home and get basics human rights. Even with that most love American and respect the flag. That's what you don't understand and I doubt you and others will ever. It's hard to walk in anothers shoes it takes a lot of humility to understand someone elses experience. I love America too but I be dam if im going to allow us to go backwards. Too much blood and tears for that has been sheded.

Reactions: dondeshawn
Its a matter of respect. They do it because they feel disrespected and I get it. Im not blind and I understand this issue needs to be addressed BUT

What about that widow that is at the game with her kids that lost her husband in a war and you have these POS players kneeling and basically shitting on her husband and the flag that he lost his life for.

NOT COOL !!!
They aren't disrespecting the widow or the flag. That's faux right wing outrage. Since when has taking a knee meant disrespect? People kneel in respect to God every Sunday.

Fact is, because of the amount of respect they have for the principles of this country, they are protesting during the anthem because they do not believe the country is living up to its principles.

The first amendment does not apply to private business.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I can open a restaurant and call it "silent" and have a policy that if you speak one word you are kicked out.

Also, the rule that the NFL put out was that IF a player is on the field for the anthem they have to stand. They still gave the option for the player to stay in the locker room. They weren't forcing any player to be on the field AND stand.

The only issue I have with the protests is that fans pay to attend the games or elect to spend their time watching on TV (which leads to the insane TV rights deals). The fan is allowing the players to make millions playing a game. The vast majority of fans want to see a football game, not a political protest. If they wanted politics they'd watch cable news instead of football.

If a player wants to bring attention to the issue, how about be prepared with an example of injustice and during the post game interview, tell the story. It will get publicity and not have the divisive effect of kneeling during the national anthem.

At this point, the whole debate has become about the players and the anthem and nobody is paying attention to the issue that was at the heart of the protests. People argue for or against kneeling and nobody is having their eyes opened to injustice.

Where exactly does it state within the 1st amendment that this applies unless you're a private business???? Private business must also abide by the constitution...it is the supreme law of this country...

U are disrespectful!! They are NOT kneeling to pray! They are kneeling in protest!!! NOT THE PLACE TO DO IT! TAKE THEIR $$$$$$ & use it RESPECTFULLY to protest the right way...not with the hard earned $$$ that people want to see a sports event to RELAX after working all the time. Just BS from players always wanting attention for themselves. I stopped watching EVERY GAME when I saw kneeling and fists during the opening of an NFL game. I will do it. I will only watch college games now until it stops!!!! GOOOOOO CANESSS Jim Kelly TOUGH!!!

You're the one that being played SNOWFLAKE !! You've been hypnotized by the ignorance of CNN but its okay well give you a break.

Its clear your intelligence or lack of intelligence doesn't allow you think outside the box. Did you ever think that people from either party are allowed to have their own opinions ? Its okay you know. lol You've fallen for what the media wants. Good job.

I could care less what Trump or MAGA, cute name btw, thinks. This is not about Trump. Its a matter of respect.

You Snowflakes are all the same with your rights and entitlement issues.

You're adorable !!
The irony of you bringing up intelligence. Keep dancing brother.

Not sure what type of work you do but Im a Fireman and I can't tell you that I work with over 200 ex military in our department and I can tell you THEY ALL FEEL the same way. Saying this is "faux right wing outrage" is BS. Thats the problem, everyone wants to add politics to this and it as simple as HAVING RESPECT FOR THIS COUNTRY AND STANDING for the American flag. That simple !!

If you want to protest, pick another way to do it but don't shit on other people while trying to get your point across. Sorry not trying to sound like an old cliche but "Two wrongs don't make a right". All this bullshit movement has done is create more hatred, racism and

I'll consider standing for that anthem when Kapeurnick and Reed are back in the NFL...until then f**k that anthem, I'm not even going to kneel, I'm sitting my ass down and I want someone to come do something about it...tired of being politically correct about this foolery...this country has been disrespecting minorities (especially blacks) for centuries through slavery, jim crow, police brutality, etc., etc.... and yah screaming disrespect over some dogon anthem

No its not it started because of police brutality.

However, THEY ARE DISRESPECTING MAJORITY. Wake. Up
Huh? Because they aren't happy with racial inequality, they have disrespected white people?

Who is this majority you speak of?

Not sure what type of work you do but Im a Fireman and I can't tell you that I work with over 200 ex military in our department and I can tell you THEY ALL FEEL the same way. Saying this is "faux right wing outrage" is BS. Thats the problem, everyone wants to add politics to this and it as simple as HAVING RESPECT FOR THIS COUNTRY AND STANDING for the American flag. That simple !!

If you want to protest, pick another way to do it but don't shit on other people while trying to get your point across. Sorry not trying to sound like an old cliche but "Two wrongs don't make a right". All this bullshit movement has done is create more hatred, racism and division.
Nobody is sh!tting on anyone. Our military veterans understand why they served - to preserve our American values. They didn't serve so that some athlete would stand during the National Anthem. I would be disappointed in any veteran who feels they haven't been shown enough respect because some athlete kneeled during the National Anthem.

Hey DUMBFUK !!! Get out into the real world. Not sure what type of work you do or from the look of things, you might be stuck working at a 711 so not sure who you surround yourself with. I work with A TON of ex military men and women and I can tell you that the numbers are 100000 % against this and they feel DISRESPECTED.

If you cannot comprehend what Im trying to say, then that speak volumes of your intelligence. I support and understand why they are trying to do but I 100% oppose shitting on the flag while doing that and if you can't get that through your little midget brain, then theres nothing I can do to make this easy to understand.

Theres a 100000000 ways to protest and if you chose to shit on the flag while trying to get your point across, then get the FUK out of the USA. YOU POS !!!

^^^^^ Needs a safe space.

The irony of you bringing up intelligence. Keep dancing brother.
This is intelligence? LMAO!!! So black players shouldn't kneel? why? cause the non-blacks says so? LMAO!!!! I guess you need to find another sport then, because the NFL is 90% black men, and they dont gave a damn about how you are anybody else feel about our race and what we been or going through in this country.

Reactions: bmayers14
"our nation" was founded under stealing and slavery. government use the Military to do there bidding. then you put together a anthem during slavery, and had laws and rules that went against colored people. The Government use the Military to take over Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and other little countries that's rich in Oil. With the order of the government....."the great Military" has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people!!!The president said, " let's make America great again" It has never been great for blacks!!!! Lol, but you brainwashed people believe in this country!!!! The system is evil

Reactions: bmayers14
You do realize that money for the NFL and NBA will NEVER EVER be lower in the internet, tv contracts world we live in now ?? There is so much money out there for these organizations with more exposure because of newer deals with tv contracts, network affiliation, internet etc so your argument is weak.

Ratings could still be down and the NFL will still make more money than last year and the year before and the year before that. Its how it works !!!
You do realize my point was they are not losing money...so yeah

Here you have it champ, from Tech & Media:

Thursday Night Football (NBC/CBS/NFL Network)
2017: 10.937 million
2016: 12.438 million
2015: 12.425 million

Ad Age’s Anthony Crupi, who along with Karp is one of the experts in this space, reported that the NFL’s regular-season ratings overall were down about 9% versus its audience a year ago. Crupi said what jumped out at him was the disappearance of NFL blockbuster games that pull a 15.0 household rating. Only one game, Crupi said, broke the 15.0 rating barrier in 2017—the Dec. 17 Patriots-Steelers matchup on CBS’ late national window (15.2.) Last season there were three 15-plus games: Giants-Cowboys (15.5), Cowboys-Packers (15.8) and Cowboys-Steelers (16.4). All three aired in Fox's late national window. Crupi said there were 13 15.0-plus games across the networks in 2015.

Well Champ the point is where are these billionaires you care about so much losing money??...and just showing Thursday night football means nothing...do u know why Thursday night football goes down. Its because the product sucks and the match-ups were horrible not because of a knee...

Well Champ the point is where are these billionaires you care about so much losing money??...and just showing Thursday night football means nothing...do u know why Thursday night football goes down. Its because the product sucks and the match-ups were horrible not because of a knee...

The point is that you claimed the ratings were up by 5% when in fact they were down by 9%. Fact.

Reactions: orly 1022
A lot of yall must be old white men because yall are so incentive for what the protest even about..oh because it interrupts your football game like yall give a crap about what the protest is even about...Well Im a black man and also retired Army Soldier who have been to war 5 times and I dont feel disrespected at all...See I understand that the protest is not a hit against the military or the flag but the media would lead you to be believe thats what it is about but wont mention the equality and unjust murders that are happen to black men and women but our sports celebrities should just shut up and play football I guess..smh..And just because I served doesn't make me naive to the fact the anthem was not written for ppl of color...I stand because I signed up for this but I dobt condemn anybody for exercising their right...And for the ones who say the NFL and its owners are losing money...respectively I could give a damn...lets just act like they're not making that money off a league thats 90% black...but let yall tell it they should shut up and play...Its a black thing you won't understand but it should be a people thing but I guess not!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT