ADVERTISEMENT

OT UPDATE 7/20 Miami Dolphins New National Anthem Policy - POS Ross now says he may not do anything

Where exactly does it state within the 1st amendment that this applies unless you're a private business???? Private business must also abide by the constitution...it is the supreme law of this country...
Because it specifically says that "Congress shall make no law..."

It does not say the people can say whatever they want wherever they want.

The first amendment was written to prevent the government from restricting the right of the people to speak freely about the government.

Basically it prevents the government from suppressing opposing views.

A private business can refuse service to anybody they want as long as it isn't based on race, religion, etc. A government agency can not do that. The Constitution sets the parameters for what the government can and can not do. Private businesses and citizens are governed by laws. The laws can't violate the Constitution or they will be voided.

A lot of yall must be old white men because yall are so incentive for what the protest even about..oh because it interrupts your football game like yall give a crap about what the protest is even about...Well Im a black man and also retired Army Soldier who have been to war 5 times and I dont feel disrespected at all...See I understand that the protest is not a hit against the military or the flag but the media would lead you to be believe thats what it is about but wont mention the equality and unjust murders that are happen to black men and women but our sports celebrities should just shut up and play football I guess..smh..And just because I served doesn't make me naive to the fact the anthem was not written for ppl of color...I stand because I signed up for this but I dobt condemn anybody for exercising their right...And for the ones who say the NFL and its owners are losing money...respectively I could give a damn...lets just act like they're not making that money off a league thats 90% black...but let yall tell it they should shut up and play...Its a black thing you won't understand but it should be a people thing but I guess not!!

My post wasn't about the national anthem controversy. It was about the TV ratings. You were wrong.

I understand but they are at work.
no you don't! unarmed black men are getting gunned down by police at an alarming rate with being charged. The protest was to bring attention to problem not to be politicized by politicians. By the way, the Grand jury in Martin county just acquitted the white police officer who shot my cousin 5 times, fatally injuring him, in Indian Town Florida last year. Then planted a machete on him; claiming he attack them. No justice, and what about Black man in Fort Pierce who shot at his home through his garage door for playing his music to loud. The verdict of his trial was his wife and kids got a dollar a piece. This is what the protest is about and not to mention all the other victims.

It has everything do with private v. public. The Constitution protects individual rights from GOVERNMENT intrusion.

You make an interesting argument with regard to the unprecedented degree of express directive of the Executive in this situation.

From a US Veteran and a person who has fought for this country. The NFL and the Dolphins has lost a fan. I fought for Americans to have the right to protest. How do you punish people for exorcising their 1st and 5th amendment rights? More importantly, how do brush aside the purpose of the protest? Lives are being lost at the hands of those that abuse their powers. Where is the outrage for that?

Thank you for your service and continued commitment to its principles.

Reactions: klbcec and Raoul2
no you don't! unarmed black men are getting gunned down by police at an alarming rate with being charged. The protest was to bring attention to problem not to be politicized by politicians. By the way, the Grand jury in Martin county just acquitted the white police officer who shot my cousin 5 times, fatally injuring him, in Indian Town Florida last year. Then planted a machete on him; claiming he attack them. No justice, and what about Black man in Fort Pierce who shot at his home through his garage door for playing his music to loud. The verdict of his trial was his wife and kids got a dollar a piece. This is what the protest is about and not to mention all the other victims.

Unfortunately there are rogue cops in all 50 states. They also shoot unarmed white men. But the media really plays it up when they shoot at unarmed black men. It becomes a story that goes viral almost immediately.
The media in this country really hate law enforcement. And they will cover any story that will make cops look bad. And many times they have to retract their story because the shooting(s) was justifiable.
There are many Chiefs of Police in this country who are black. Many. And they aren't gonna stand idly by if their officers are shooting unarmed black men without good reason. Remember that they also shoot unarmed white men. But the national media doesn't cover those stories because they don't bring in high ratings or controversy.

Reactions: orly 1022
Unfortunately there are rogue cops in all 50 states. They also shoot unarmed white men. But the media really plays it up when they shoot at unarmed black men. It becomes a story that goes viral almost immediately.
The media in this country really hate law enforcement. And they will cover any story that will make cops look bad. And many times they have to retract their story because the shooting(s) was justifiable.
There are many Chiefs of Police in this country who are black. Many. And they aren't gonna stand idly by if their officers are shooting unarmed black men without good reason. Remember that they also shoot unarmed white men. But the national media doesn't cover those stories because they don't bring in high ratings or controversy.

Devil In the Grove, Buried in Bitter Waters, and Beneath a Ruthless Sun are excellent reads, the latter particularly suited to your reply. I highly recommend.

Devil In the Grove, Buried in Bitter Waters, and Beneath a Ruthless Sun are excellent reads, the latter particularly suited to your reply. I highly recommend.

I will pick up one of those books and read it.

Reactions: ellu
Yes i just saw that. I am so sick of this crap. You cannot do whatever you want at work. It as simple as that. If they are at their kids game and they want to sit down in the stands during the Anthem fine but they are at work. Bunch of A Holes.
It's about racial equality why they kneel during games

It may be a game, but it is their workplace and you can’t do it if your boss says you can’t. I know I would be fired if I did a display like that at work. Make their protests on Saturdays or in the off season, not on “company time”.

It may be a game, but it is their workplace and you can’t do it if your boss says you can’t. I know I would be fired if I did a display like that at work. Make their protests on Saturdays or in the off season, not on “company time”.

That argument is reductionist. If you have a collective bargaining agreement, if your work performance is the actual product, if you are and your co-workers are the irreplaceable elite talent, then your job as a comparative could work. Its not an excuse (to the degree the players need any excuse) its just the point that the comparison isn't accurate.

Reactions: klbcec
They let white men go home without being killed. I don't dislike cops just bad one's. Caucasians will never understand the black man's struggle because of white privilege.

That argument is reductionist. If you have a collective bargaining agreement, if your work performance is the actual product, if you are and your co-workers are the irreplaceable elite talent, then your job as a comparative could work. Its not an excuse (to the degree the players need any excuse) its just the point that the comparison isn't accurate.

I guess we’ll find out soon.

They let white men go home without being killed. I don't dislike cops just bad one's. Caucasians will never understand the black man's struggle because of white privilege.

pitt you make a good point. I have to rethink my position. I too hate racist or corrupt cops. Our criminal justice system is not equal for blacks and whites. I know that. And that needs to change quickly.

Reactions: ellu and dondeshawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT