ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v Wade is over turned

It’s “her” decision? I thought men could have babies too.
Lol they receive counseling? A pro-life group wanted to put up literature etc to explain to a woman that abortion isn’t the only solution. They were shot down. There is no “Choice” in Pro Choice.
I’m pro-choice up to 4 months. Unless there’s danger to mother or severe handicapped fetus. But otherwise if you ain’t figured it out by then… tough.
The funny thing is the US position is much more liberal than most European countries and you don’t hear them bitchin.

Why do people like @cems52 and @hawaiian cane get so upset if a baby is adopted? That baby could be the person who cures cancer.

Last edited:
The comments here are mostly irrelevant.
They deal with the question of whether morally and legally abortion should be regulated and how .
That’s NOT what the court addressed .
Their decision was totally focused on whether, under the constitution , it was a judicial call , or whether it should be decided by the legislature’s, either state or federal. Period
Let the debate continue.
There are forums to discuss
The SCOTUS is not the proper forum.
I laugh at those who assert that the decision was judicial activism. It was the total opposite. I’m willing to discuss some exceptions to total bans , on timing , rape , incest etc
I probably would have sided with Robert’s , who agreed with upholding the Mississippi law , but not fully overturning Roe .
It would have had a similar effect and allowed the states to experiment with the level of restrictions allowed

Every state abortion law Im aware of allows for abortion up to about 15 weeks thats over three months.
Do you not realize as of yesterday 13 states have trigger laws which automatically outlawed abortions (medically unnecessary)? Here is the list and it will grow.

1) Arkansas
2) Idaho
3) Kentucky
4) Louisiana
5) Mississippi
6) Missouri
7) North Dakota
8) Oklahoma
9) South Dakota
10) Tennessee
11) Texas
12) Utah
13) Wyoming

Do you not realize as of yesterday 13 states have trigger laws which automatically outlawed abortions (medically unnecessary)? Here is the list and it will grow.

1) Arkansas
2) Idaho
3) Kentucky
4) Louisiana
5) Mississippi
6) Missouri
7) North Dakota
8) Oklahoma
9) South Dakota
10) Tennessee
11) Texas
12) Utah
13) Wyoming
This post is useless, what’s your definition of medically necessary. If you make a post like this post the legal document for the state in question.

Reactions: Kinggeorge3
It’s “her” decision? I thought men could have babies too.
Lol they receive counseling? A pro-life group wanted to put up literature etc to explain to a woman that abortion isn’t the only solution. They were shot down. There is no “Choice” in Pro Choice.
I’m pro-choice up to 4 months. Unless there’s danger to mother or severe handicapped fetus. But otherwise if you ain’t figured it out by then… tough.
The funny thing is the US position is much more liberal than most European countries and you don’t hear them bitchin.
Remember, men only supply the sperm but women carry the child to birth. See the difference? Now you compare Europe to America? I'll play that game. Europe has fewer guns and less gun violence than America.

This post is useless, what’s your definition of medically necessary. If you make a post like this post the legal document for the state in question.
WTF!!! I gave you facts and you deflect. Do some research before you continue this discussion. BTW...it's not my definition it's the state's. Do some research.

The Constitution's main purpose was to prevent a Central ,tyrannical government from abusing the people and ruling by fiat. We are a Republic not a Democracy. The current ruling does not eliminate abortion .It passes those social decisions to the states as it should be .
They worst part of the Democrat party wants abortion legal even through the third trimester. They are warped killers whose politics transcends their humanity. They do not believe in free speech and if Conservatives were not well armed would have greatly expanded their current Gestapo style tactics to many more people.
Maybe women will be more careful to use Contraception now in red states. Maybe they won't. If you choose to have unprotected sex its a voluntary act .I can understand the morning after pill as it prevents life not kills it.
But at 14 weeks an embryo is a human being just as it is at 30 weeks . We should not kill out of convenience.

The Constitution's main purpose was to prevent a Central ,tyrannical government from abusing the people and ruling by fiat. We are a Republic not a Democracy. The current ruling does not eliminate abortion .It passes those social decisions to the states as it should be .
They worst part of the Democrat party wants abortion legal even through the third trimester. They are warped killers whose politics transcends their humanity. They do not believe in free speech and if Conservatives were not well armed would have greatly expanded their current Gestapo style tactics to many more people.
Maybe women will be more careful to use Contraception now in red states. Maybe they won't. If you choose to have unprotected sex its a voluntary act .I can understand the morning after pill as it prevents life not kills it.
But at 14 weeks an embryo is a human being just as it is at 30 weeks . We should not kill out of convenience.
You are wrong about the ruling. It has eliminated abortion in at least 13 states and the list will grow.

1) Arkansas
2) Idaho
3) Kentucky
4) Louisiana
5) Mississippi
6) Missouri
7) North Dakota
8) Oklahoma
9) South Dakota
10) Tennessee
11) Texas
12) Utah
13) Wyoming

WTF!!! I gave you facts and you deflect. Do some research before you continue this discussion. BTW...it's not my definition it's the state's. Do some research.

For starters even In Oklahoma the strongest Pro life state in the country even stricter than Texas, it still has provisions for rape, incest, or to save the life of the woman.

The law does not apply to morning after pills, which it shouldn’t.

If you want an abortion drive to a state that provides them.

The law finally caught up to science, a baby isn’t part of a woman’s body, it feels the pain when it’s ripped apart in the womb.

There is no right to an abortion in the constitution.

My point is unwarranted pregnancies will result in fewer foster kids. See the connection?
What’s an unwarranted pregnancy? Meanwhile you sound like that fat POC. Anna Navarro. She wants to kill all fetuses who may have autism or other disabilities.
Poor babies are a drain on society and more likely to be in foster care , particularly in “ communities of color” . The abortion rate for blacks is about 4 x that of whites . Are you suggesting that we organize a bureaucracy which targets black communities for additional abortions ? What about forced sterilizations. That’s a sure fire way to decrease the foster kid population!
CEMS think through your position. It’s scary

My point is unwarranted pregnancies will result in fewer foster kids. See the connection?
So you think those foster kids children of God don’t deserve life?

Have you ever met a foster kid who grew up as an adult?

Make sure you tell them there life is worthless and they don’t deserve to live, that death would have been so much better for them.

You’re moral compass is all out of whack.

My views are that a women should have a choice but it should not be a "free for all."
Meaning you wake up, your pregnant because you made a mistake there should be a reasonable amount of time to make up your mind. Not dilly dally around because SCIENCE tells us there really is a baby in there.
I also think woman should be presented options to abortion like adoption. In this country it is so hard to adopt a baby and that should be made easier.
So some regulations but not wiping out abortion.
I also know that it is much more accepted to buy contraceptives then when I was a kid and we have morning after pills and other items like that.
I also believe that if the moms life is truly in danger, her life should be spared as she has already developed relationships and family etc..... but this is not common. Nor is rape / incest. I know it happens but rare.

You realize most European nations have limits on abortion like 12-15 weeks?
That's my feelings.
You do realize that abortion hasn’t been “wiped out” correct?

Last edited:
So you think those foster kids children of God don’t deserve life?

Have you ever met a foster kid who grew up as an adult?

Make sure you tell them there life is worthless and they don’t deserve to live, that death would have been so much better for them.

You’re moral compass is all out of whack.
Your sanctimonious rant can't hide the fact your party, Republican, has done all it can do to not feed these kids or provide affordable health care and more. You allow guns on our streets that kill our kids and now you're for the preservation of life.
GTFOH

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grbcane
What’s an unwarranted pregnancy? Meanwhile you sound like that fat POC. Anna Navarro. She wants to kill all fetuses who may have autism or other disabilities.
Poor babies are a drain on society and more likely to be in foster care , particularly in “ communities of color” . The abortion rate for blacks is about 4 x that of whites . Are you suggesting that we organize a bureaucracy which targets black communities for additional abortions ? What about forced sterilizations. That’s a sure fire way to decrease the foster kid population!
CEMS think through your position. It’s scary
Great way to deflect from the discussion. You don't care about these babies cuz if you did you would support banning military style weapons that are used to decapitate our children.

For starters even In Oklahoma the strongest Pro life state in the country even stricter than Texas, it still has provisions for rape, incest, or to save the life of the woman.

The law does not apply to morning after pills, which it shouldn’t.

If you want an abortion drive to a state that provides them.

The law finally caught up to science, a baby isn’t part of a woman’s body, it feels the pain when it’s ripped apart in the womb.

There is no right to an abortion in the constitution.
There's also nothing in the constitution that protects an unborn child. Here's what the 14th amendment says. Notice the use of the word "person" and not "fetus".

The Fourteenth Amendment forbids the states from depriving any person of “life, liberty, or property, without due process of law” and from denying anyone equal protection under the law.

There is no protection of the unborn fetus. I can also argue the 9th amendment supports my position. Check this out.

The Ninth Amendment tells us that the existence of a written constitution should not be treated as an excuse for ignoring nontextual rights, but it also tells us that the advocates of these rights cannot rest on ancient constitutional text to establish their existence.

Those nontextual rights could be an abortion. Now, I do not believe in abortion on demand. There ought to be common sense legislation that protects the women's right and that of the fetus.

• Haha
Great way to deflect from the discussion. You don't care about these babies cuz if you did you would support banning military style weapons that are used to decapitate our children.
Talk about deflection!! Wow
I’m not much of a gun guy
I want to keep guns away from all criminals.
I’m also not a big fan of eugenics , you seem to be. The founder of Planned Parenthood was big on that. Sterilization and abortion of minorities was her pitch . Keep the number of needy and sickly kids down. Better and cheaper for society.
Can you stay on point ? Or is another irrelevant Trump deflection rant coming ?

There's also nothing in the constitution that protects an unborn child. Here's what the 14th amendment says. Notice the use of the word "person" and not "fetus".

The Fourteenth Amendment forbids the states from depriving any person of “life, liberty, or property, without due process of law” and from denying anyone equal protection under the law.

There is no protection of the unborn fetus. I can also argue the 9th amendment supports my position. Check this out.

The Ninth Amendment tells us that the existence of a written constitution should not be treated as an excuse for ignoring nontextual rights, but it also tells us that the advocates of these rights cannot rest on ancient constitutional text to establish their existence.

Those nontextual rights could be an abortion. Now, I do not believe in abortion on demand. There ought to be common sense legislation that protects the women's right and that of the fetus.

Obama first term for a short period of time plus there was handful of pro choice republicans in the senate. If democrats wanted a law they could have had one but it wouldn’t be as far reaching as they wanted. They can’t stand compromising and they always want the issue for political reasons
Both parties do this.

And the Dems only had 58 plus two independents. And they had that for less than a year. They likely didn't do abortion because it appeared to be the law of the land until yesterday.

Nevertheless, both parties want these issues for fund raising.

You sound stupid when you say democrats want third trimester abortions. It's only legal anywhere if the life and health of the mother is at risk.

Pubs want to ban all abortions even if the pregnancy will kill the mother and not result in a viable baby.

How is that pro life?

Reactions: cems52
Talk about deflection!! Wow
I’m not much of a gun guy
I want to keep guns away from all criminals.
I’m also not a big fan of eugenics , you seem to be. The founder of Planned Parenthood was big on that. Sterilization and abortion of minorities was her pitch . Keep the number of needy and sickly kids down. Better and cheaper for society.
Can you stay on point ? Or is another irrelevant Trump deflection rant coming ?
Yep!! You said it!! So you know, criminals are not the only ones killing us, especially our kids.

For many, the constitution has a lot of implicit meaning written within it. I for one agree with that. However, many on the right like Scalia, are Originalists. They believe the constitution should be interpreted based on the meaning of words at that time and not deviate. Not saying that is wrong but I feel the constitution is flexible to accommodate the change in attitudes and morales. That's why we have the 19th amendment. Prior to that time nothing in the constitution mentioned a woman's right to vote. The same can be said about a woman's right to decide if she wants to have a child. This is what Biden is speaking about.
Your comment above is stupid to but it nicely. He is just trying to cause division in order to get reelected by distracting from all his failures. He is acting like a fourth grader to a bunch of fourth graders that don't know any better. Time you grew up and stopped trying to justify their actions.

Why not focus on the hundreds of thousands of kids in Foster care? We can't get these kids adopted but you want more.
That is actually what Biden's border policy is doing but at a much larger scale but keep your eyes closed.

Cracks me up that AOC says some women will die if there are no abortions (though that statement alone is BS as not all abortions will end), but with every abortion there is a death. Yet this will be a rallying call for riots.

The issue isn't how well these kids turn out but instead what does the mother want to do. It's her decision not a politician. As for you assuming these victims don't receive counseling before an abortion, you're wrong. They do.
Do they . Let’s agree there are all or nothing people on both sides of this issue. On the right of course a lot of Christian’s that mean no malice they just think it’s a sin . And on the left you got people that want it anywhere at any time right up to birth. And you and I will never convince them of anything different. Agree? I actually can look at the arguments on both sides and respect both of them for their heels in the ground not give an inch attitude. Doesn’t mean I agree or disagree with either one . But they have the loudest voices and there’s a lot of mis informed on both sides . I don’t believe they get all the counseling you think they do , Why would you let the abortion provider that makes a lot of money be the one to counsel. Shouldn’t the counseling come from someone that can explain your options without ga
Both parties do this.

And the Dems only had 58 plus two independents. And they had that for less than a year. They likely didn't do abortion because it appeared to be the law of the land until yesterday.

Nevertheless, both parties want these issues for fund raising.
Agree

You don't believe in abortion on demand? I think that position is more harsh than mine. As I said I abhor abortion but I think a woman should have a choice with reasonable regulations on timeline and I think they should be provided options. I also agree with it later if, and only if, the moms life is at stake.

Do they . Let’s agree there are all or nothing people on both sides of this issue. On the right of course a lot of Christian’s that mean no malice they just think it’s a sin . And on the left you got people that want it anywhere at any time right up to birth. And you and I will never convince them of anything different. Agree? I actually can look at the arguments on both sides and respect both of them for their heels in the ground not give an inch attitude. Doesn’t mean I agree or disagree with either one . But they have the loudest voices and there’s a lot of mis informed on both sides . I don’t believe they get all the counseling you think they do , Why would you let the abortion provider that makes a lot of money be the one to counsel. Shouldn’t the counseling come from someone that can explain your options without ga

Agree
There is counseling before the doctor sees the patient. Come on stop with this nonsense that the doctor is making lots of money. This is a similar line folks on the right used about Covid deaths during the pandemic.

You sound stupid when you say democrats want third trimester abortions. It's only legal anywhere if the life and health of the mother is at risk.

Pubs want to ban all abortions even if the pregnancy will kill the mother and not result in a viable baby.

How is that pro life?
That's an untrue statement. I know, I'm a Republican

Reactions: genghiscane
So the Court was wrong 50 years ago but right today? Got it!
The Court was wrong 50 years ago because they made a ruling on a topic that is NOT in the constitution AND Congress had made no law. Cems all they did yesterday was say this;
This has NO place and never did at the Supreme Court because we hear issues pertaining to Constitutionality of LEGAL decisions.
Please take it to your State and if your State wants abortion, great. If it doesn't, great.
They did NOT JUDGE Abortion.

Your comment above is stupid to but it nicely. He is just trying to cause division in order to get reelected by distracting from all his failures. He is acting like a fourth grader to a bunch of fourth graders that don't know any better. Time you grew up and stopped trying to justify their actions.
Fool, who are you referring to? Speak clearly!!

That's an untrue statement. I know, I'm a Republican
I wrote that to point out the stupidity of the post to which i replied.

PS. Several states are looking at banning Plan B pills as well. It's only a matter of time until they ban birth control and masturbation.

Remember, men only supply the sperm but women carry the child to birth. See the difference? Now you compare Europe to America? I'll play that game. Europe has fewer guns and less gun violence than America.
Well when Biden’s pick for The Supreme Fkn Court can’t define what a woman is. And another testifies that “MEN CAN HAVE BABIES”. See the difference. You change shit when it suits you. You can’t reason with someone who arrived at their opinion without reason. That’s you. That’s you.
And the gun violence in Europe? How’s that working out right now. The past few years. Oh say 1930-40s. You suppose they woulda traded off some gun violence for I dunno a Holocaust or invasion?

Last edited:

1) Arkansas
2) Idaho
3) Kentucky
4) Louisiana
5) Mississippi
6) Missouri
7) North Dakota
8) Oklahoma
9) South Dakota
10) Tennessee
11) Texas
12) Utah
13) Wyoming
Really. Interesting. Didn’t realize they could do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT