ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Desantis

Raoul2

SuperCane
Jan 27, 2003
Just got hit hard in a new 60 minutes piece this evening for engaging in pay to play by prioritizing vaccines for wealthy individuals and organizations who donated to his campaign. If true, he should resign immediately.

Timestamps:

9:20 - Evidence of campaign finance reports detailing Publix and its executives making major campaign contributions to Desantis

10:22 - Desantis squirms at a presser after being publicly called out for engaging in pay to play.

11:40 - Evidence of Desantis hand picking vaccine sites based on large campaign contributions to his election PAC

Pretty damning stuff overall. Shady at best, blatant corruption at worst.

Reactions: newnangacane
Just got hit hard in a new 60 minutes piece this evening for engaging in pay to play by prioritizing vaccines for wealthy individuals and organizations who donated to his campaign. If true, he should resign immediately.

Perception is a funny thing.................Could it be true, hell yes it can.........but your gonna sit here and throw stones, when you know damn well this is happening in every state, city, municipality, etc. Simply amazing how some are so weak , that they must run like school children to prove their point. Gonna do you a huge , life changing favor right now..... All politicians ( for the most part) are liars, weasels, and out for themselves and their vested interests. Don't matter if its on the left or right. Perfect example would be Cuomo. 60 minutes could of done exact expose on Cuomo last night , and I guarantee your sheep minded self would have of never started this thread. Thoughts, or does this not fit your agenda??? Another question, why do think 60 minutes has done no expose on Cuomo's legal woes?? Things that make you go hmmmm

Timestamps:

9:20 - Evidence of campaign finance reports detailing Publix and its executives making major campaign contributions to Desantis

10:22 - Desantis squirms at a presser after being publicly called out for engaging in pay to play.

11:40 - Evidence of Desantis hand picking vaccine sites based on large campaign contributions to his election PAC

Liberal's complaining about the vaccine being distribted through Publix which is far and away Florida's largest grocery chain. Publix has a statewide 7x24 distribution system in place, freezer trucks, commercial freezers in each store, tracking and inventory systems. Publix was far and away the best choice to get as many vaccine doses to as many people as possible as quickly as possible.

Raoul seems to forget that the vaccine MUST be kept at Ultra Cold temperatures. Democrats were complaining that more of the vaccines doses should have gone to local churches. Nice idea, Have Pastor Fred pick up the vaccines, crank up the AC in the minivan and take them to the home level refrigerator in the church hall where they can sit next to the hotdogs for the church picnic. That plan simply does not meet published guidelines for distribtion and storage of the vaccine. Typical Dem's, ignore the science and facts, want to bitch and whine more than they want to fix a problem.

Last edited:
Perception is a funny thing.................Could it be true, hell yes it can.........but your gonna sit here and throw stones, when you know damn well this is happening in every state, city, municipality, etc. Simply amazing how some are so weak , that they must run like school children to prove their point. Gonna do you a huge , life changing favor right now..... All politicians ( for the most part) are liars, weasels, and out for themselves and their vested interests. Don't matter if its on the left or right. Perfect example would be Cuomo. 60 minutes could of done exact expose on Cuomo last night , and I guarantee your sheep minded self would have of never started this thread. Thoughts, or does this not fit your agenda??? Another question, why do think 60 minutes has done no expose on Cuomo's legal woes?? Things that make you go hmmmm

On Cuomo - I’ve already said in a previous thread that he should resign.

I would also apply this to DeSantis and any other cases where any politician used vaccine distribution as a tool to payback their political donors. We should expect a higher level of integrity from our elected officials.

Reactions: zackbear
On Cuomo - I’ve already said in a previous thread that he should resign.

I would also apply this to DeSantis and any other cases where any politician used vaccine distribution as a tool to payback their political donors. We should expect a higher level of integrity from our elected officials.
then you will see no more elected officials in office anywhere...........FACT

More likely, it means we will see less corrupt elected officials and lead to greater faith restored in the system.
on this we agree....................but riddle me this, how do you think we will see less corrupted officials elected? Been this way forever ( both on left and right) ?? Do you see term limits as a viable option? As long as there are lobbyists ( ie tobacco, pharmaceuticals, arilines, etc.), I feel this is a pipe dream. Too many vested interests out there to ever get a truly imapartial elected official in place.

on this we agree....................but riddle me this, how do you think we will see less corrupted officials elected? Been this way forever ( both on left and right) ?? Do you see term limits as a viable option? As long as there are lobbyists ( ie tobacco, pharmaceuticals, arilines, etc.), I feel this is a pipe dream. Too many vested interests out there to ever get a truly imapartial elected official in place.

One way to get corruption out of politics is to take corporate and special interest money out of political campaigns, which will require a change in the law or a SCOTUS reversal on citizens united. Once you remove the financial incentive for politicians to pay back their political benefactors, then you will see them acting on behalf of the people, not special interests.

One way to get corruption out of politics is to take corporate and special interest money out of political campaigns, which will require a change in the law or a SCOTUS reversal on citizens united. Once you remove the financial incentive for politicians to pay back their political benefactors, then you will see them acting on behalf of the people, not special interests.
and you actually see this happening in our lifetime??

Personally, I think we have a better chance of seeing FIU winning a national championship first..........but what do I know

Timestamps:

Publix the 7th largest pharmacy in the country and only in 3 states.
Publix the company that gives FREE antibiotics for citizens.
Publix the company that has been administering all sorts of vaccines for over a decade.

Get the F out of here with 60 minutes BS

It's BS they show a woman trying to make an online appointment on Publix Covid vaccine website. Publix didn't even kick in until about a month after rollout. I went on day 1 at 7:00 AM and made my wifes appointment. She is 59 and got a letter from her doctor. I then tried on a Wednesday at 7:00 AM but got shutout no appointments available. Then I went on Friday at 7:00 AM and made appointments for my son 31, my prop mgr., and my buddy / lawyer all of whom didn't get in although they were trying. You had to be smart and patient. The system shows you EVERY county and they all start out at 100% appointments and you can see the % available dwindle in real time. NONSENSE by 60 minutes.

Publix the 7th largest pharmacy in the country and only in 3 states.
Publix the company that gives FREE antibiotics for citizens.
Publix the company that has been administering all sorts of vaccines for over a decade.

Get the F out of here with 60 minutes BS

About these allegations - Do you think its acceptable for politicians to reserve pandemic vaccines specifically for people who made large contributions to their political campaigns.

Please answer the question honestly.

About these allegations - Do you think its acceptable for politicians to reserve pandemic vaccines specifically to people who made large contributions to their political campaigns.

No but I don't think Desantis did that but CUOMO did !!

Just shows me the Dems are worried about this guy. First of many attacks because they know he’s a candidate voters can get behind. He checks a lot of boxes, policies, Veteran, Leadership as Governor and has courage to take on and stand firm against Big Tech, Teachers whoever. Add his family ( They remind me of JFK ) when he ran, beautiful wife young kids add in picture in Navy Dress Whites.

Last edited:
This isn't your Fathers 60 Minutes. 60 Minutes is as unbiased as SNL is funny...
It is truly sad. 60 Minutes was very well respected in the 1970's and 80's. People would talk about it in the office on Mondays Now the only thing that takes it back to its days of relevance is the tick, tick, tick. It has become no more than a weekly regurgitation of partisan hit pieces on CNN and MSNBC the previous month. I don't watch it, never hear anyone talk about it.

Just shows me the Dems are worried about this guy. First of many attacks because they know he’s a candidate voters can get behind. He checks a lot of boxes, policies, Veteran, Leadership as Governor and has courage to take on and stand firm against Big Tech, Teachers whoever. Add his family ( They remind me of JFK ) when he ran, beautiful wife young kids add in picture in Navy Dress Whites.

Matt Gaetz is also getting hammered at the moment. Is he also a 'candidate voters can get behind' ? Maybe Matt should've acquired a hot wife so he could remind you more of Kennedy's Camelot.

any politician should get hammered at the moment. Is he also a 'candidate voters can get behind' ? Maybe the politician should've acquired a hot wife so he could remind you more of Kennedy's Camelot.
I fixed it for you....no thanks needed

Reactions: krvanness
Why can’t you take DeSantis at face value. The things I stated are things that some voters are influenced by, not me. I look at policy and past performance. Gaetz will be investigated and proven either way that’s the way it’s suppose to work. Not false accusations, lying Ambassadors in front of Congress etc. I was a kid when Kennedy ran my oldest brother ( in the Navy at that time ) and his friends were big Kennedy supporters so I remember it. They actually brought a weather ballon and painted it, set up table side of Roosevelt Blvd. in Philly to hand out campaign material to people who stopped.

Exactly. They had their "super-spreader strategy" locked and loaded when DeSantis opened everything up, but when that didn't pan out(predictably), they've moved to Plan B...

Why can’t you take DeSantis at face value. The things I stated are things that some voters are influenced by, not me. I look at policy and past performance. Gaetz will be investigated and proven either way that’s the way it’s suppose to work. Not false accusations, lying Ambassadors in front of Congress etc.

Because, as the 60 minutes piece illustrated, the facts are that he singled out vaccines for organizations and individuals who made large campaign contributions to his campaign. They literally show highlighted line by line evidence of this in the campaign finance reports. Why should anyone believe Desantis when the facts clearly show he's lying.

• Haha
Reactions: CashvilleCane1
Because, as the 60 minutes piece illustrated, the facts are that he singled out vaccines for organizations and individuals who made large campaign contributions to his campaign. They literally show highlighted line by line evidence of this in the campaign finance reports. Why should anyone believe Desantis when the facts clearly show he's lying.a
And the Democrats didn't? Not saying Desantis did but if you don't think big donors get "perks" by both parties I say wake up Alice this ain't wonderland.

lets see the print of the interview, not the edited version. The bold is what they left out.
EyNrXewXEAIaQQB

From a dim. his twitter feed.

The director of Florida’s division of emergency management, a former 3-term Democratic state legislator, responding to @60Minutes’ report tonight suggesting the DeSantis admin gave Publix preferable treatment based on their donations to DeSantis’ PAC

HSA8NShA_normal.jpg

Jared MASKowitz

😷

@JaredEMoskowitz
@60Minutes I said this before and I’ll say it again. @Publix was recommended by @FLSERT and @HealthyFla as the other pharmacies were not ready to start. Period! Full Stop! No one from the Governors office suggested Publix. It’s just absolute malarkey.

About these allegations - Do you think its acceptable for politicians to reserve pandemic vaccines specifically for people who made large contributions to their political campaigns.

There ya go Raoul, talking about Coumo again. I agree with you, it was horrible for Andrew Coumo to get secret Covid tests for brother Chris, the rest of his family and a number of CEO's of big Pharma companies that donated to his campaign.

Last edited:

60 Minutes ran a hit piece, not fully broadcasting quotes, taking them out of context etc. Listen to the COMPLETE responses if your looking for objective fair reporting. Oh wait you are not.

And now here is the rest of the story. 60 minutes is a POS

Yes, its all over Twitter. But it doesn't answer the question of whether or not the Publix and real estate company arrangement in the 60 minutes piece were pay to play. All Desantis did with the long drawn out answer is bring in other efforts he did with other vendors to muddy the waters.

Reactions: zackbear
Yes, its all over Twitter. But it doesn't answer the question of whether or not the Publix and real estate company arrangement in the 60 minutes piece were pay to play. All Desantis did with the long drawn out answer is bring in other efforts he did with other vendors to muddy the waters.
Publix has like 800 locations in the state. Walmart was mentioned as around 100. CVS and Walgreens are vaccination sites as well. Publix just made more sense. What the Democrats are trying to do is discredit DeSantis, who has done a good job as Governor, to run in 2024 or as Trumps running mate in 2024. Could you imagine if Gillam was our Governor?

60 Minutes ran a hit piece, not fully broadcasting quotes, taking them out of context etc. Listen to the COMPLETE responses if your looking for objective fair reporting. Oh wait you are not.

What is really wild about that clip is seeing a leader that can stand up, take hostile questions and answer them (without reading notes or a teleprompter) with facts and confidence. Could you imagine Biden trying to do that? Even Obama would not been able to handle that level of hostility so crisp. concise and in detail without his teleprompter..

Well according to the DEMOCRAT MAYOR of PALM BEACH COUNTY the 60 minute piece is a BIG FAT LIE! You libs are sickening maggots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT