ADVERTISEMENT

Very disappointed in Manny Diaz

CashvilleCane1

SuperCane
Jan 6, 2011
Nashville
It’s sad that we even have a coach pandering now. Since when did ignoring the facts of a case become ok as long as you could make yourself more politically affluent.

facts of case:

subjects was wanted in warrants for sexual abuse of a child.

subject was armed with a karambit knife and then told cops he was going to get his gun from the car.

subject opens car door and reaches toward the seat.

subject is shot multiple times and somehow survives.

I’ll never understand the mindset.

It’s sad that we even have a coach pandering now. Since when did ignoring the facts of a case become ok as long as you could make yourself more politically affluent.

facts of case:

subject was armed with a karambit knife and then told cops he was going to get his gun from the car.

I like CMD but I hope he asks himself that question in regards to how his team finished 6-7 last season despite having 2-5 times the NFL talent of opponents they lost to. Second as an ardent believer in capitalism, life can always be better and so I will wake up tomorrow and go to work. As Canes fans let's hope Diaz chooses to do the same.

Manny using this as a recruiting tactic now. Will be useless after November 3rd. Plus he’s likely bitter that Trump destroyed the legacy of Obama, who his father endorsed in 2008. That’s why Manny is a pvssy and likely won’t succeed here.

facts of case:

I assume the #votelikeyourlifedependsonit is anti-Trump?

1200px-Thin_Blue_Line_Flag_%28United_States%29.svg.png

facts of case:

don’t forget the police were called there because of him! they used a taser and he kept going toward the car. I want everyone to ask themselves what they would do if they were the cop.

facts of case:

Pandering to whom black kids? Are you against the concern of these black kids? Wanting to go somewhere where the coach has their back? These coaches go into living rooms and tell parents “send your son to me for 4 years, I’ll take care of him”. And he’s suppose to turn his back on their concerns?

He’s on the right side of history. You guys should be too!

Pandering to whom black kids? Are you against the concern of these black kids? Wanting to go somewhere where the coach has their back? These coaches go into living rooms and tell parents “send your son to me for 4 years, I’ll take care of him”. And he’s suppose to turn his back on their concerns?

The right side of history, lmao. 6-7 is his history. 7-5 got Randy Shannon, a black man and alum, fired.
The right side of history is winning and democracy. It was good for you in 2008 & 2012. But now it’s not...I wonder why, Douche1906.

Last edited:

You mean like the multiple miami hurricanes players that were black that were shot and killed by black people and not cops that you don’t give a shit about? Come to think if it, who do you think everyone called when they saw Pata, etc lying lifelessly? BLM? They don’t give a fat flying **** about black people or people in general and clearly you don’t either. All those black people that saw their fellow man ****ing dying called the police because they’re the only ones for the most part that gave a shit enough to risk their lives going to the scene of a shooting to restore order knowing people like you think it’s understandable to brick cops and are surrounding them.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON’T DESERVE POLICING... i wish george floyd was alive and your neighbor and blm was the only thing you had to protect you from him. I wish george floyd put his fist in your face the way he did his pregnant girl friend when she called the police to protect her from him when blm was crying about riots stealing their message as if that’s the biggest travesty and not the violence and destruction that they could clearly care less about and have no problem being the shield to commit such. You’re a pawn and if you liberals weren’t so busy burning history books like the facists you are you’d know that malcom x even warned black people against the wolves amongst the sheep. You may not care about black but I sure as hell do. All lives matter.

Last edited:

I am very specifically talking about this incident that he tagged in his response. He is doing nothing more than pandering. It’s flat out insulting. His response is acknowledging it’s ok to be BC wanted by the police, it’s ok to fight with the police, it’s ok to threaten the police but when they justifiably shoot you it’s not ok. What other message is he sending there?

listen I backed Manny last year & gave him my money & time hoping he’d get this program right. After this though he’d better go 10-1, 11-0 & even then I won’t trust him.

Manny using this as a recruiting tactic now. Will be useless after November 3rd. Plus he’s likely bitter that Trump destroyed the legacy of Obama, who his father endorsed in 2008. That’s why Manny is a pvssy and likely won’t succeed here.
I have nothing for Manny now... when I can’t trust you to at least be honest about a topic & not try to use it for political affluence then I’m done.

I am very specifically talking about this incident that he tagged in his response. He is doing nothing more than pandering. It’s flat out insulting. His response is acknowledging it’s ok to be BC wanted by the police, it’s ok to fight with the police, it’s ok to threaten the police but when they justifiably shoot you it’s not ok. What other message is he sending there?

listen I backed Manny last year & gave him my money & time hoping he’d get this program right. After this though he’d better go 10-1, 11-0 & even then I won’t trust him.

no one says it’s ok to have warrants or anything. But if you want to bring the man to justice bring him to justice properly. No one said any of these men should get away with what they did or do but bring them to justice. They should be held accountable if they did something wrong. Just like the police officer. I don’t know what part of the police protocol that was. If Dylan roof who killed 9 church members in cold blood can be brought to justice, stop by Burger King to get lunch before being brought to jail, we can arrest a man who’s walking back to his car Who’s done nothing violent up until that point that we know of. Rules of discharging your weapon as a police officer state you should fire your weapon once then reassess the threat. Not 6 more times in his back. That shooting was not justifiable.

We just want fair policing. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for.

Not sure what’s funny... your skin color is being used as a tool to manipulate people. If you think that’s a funny topic then there’s something wrong with you.
I know you're a cop so you're biased but if you're not a bad cop you should speak out against cops murdering people. Otherwise one can only assume that this is how you act on the job. If you're going to defend executing people you dont need to respond.

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2
I know my history. The scary part for me is what Martin Luther king said in 1963 while sitting in a Birmingham jail:

“I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice”

Reactions: Raoul2

Spot on. Classy and appropriate statement from Manny. I have a newfound respect for him this morning.

I know you're a cop so you're biased but if you're not a bad cop you should speak out against cops murdering people. Otherwise one can only assume that this is how you act on the job. If you're going to defend executing people you dont need to respond.
So you’d just let the bad guy reach for weapon and hurt more people? Yeah makes total sense. By the way I started the thread so I find it rich you’d tell me not to respond. Your response is exactly what’s wrong with society today. Regardless of facts in a specific incident, you link them all together under one banner of misinformation call racial injustice. If lying to people is standing up against racial injustice then thanks but no thanks!

Why is everyone trying to pretend we still live in the Jim crow south or worse? Just look at the stats and facts. Black people are not being targeted by cops. If a white gets killed by cops, which happens more often, we say play stupid games...win stupid prizes. If a black gets killed by the cops we cry racism. Most of these cases have nothing to do with race. If you try to resist violently, harm or kill cops you get shot. It's not that hard. Doesnt matter what color you are.

Floyd was an exception, not the rule.

I don’t know what happened in that video that was violent. Yes more whites get shot by police by the #s but it’s disproportionate to the population breakdown. Based on population blacks are 2-3x more likely to get shot.

a white kid killed 2 people shot another and walked by 3 police cars with his hands up and an AR around his neck with people screaming he just shooting people and nothing happened to him. He’s allowed to walk away...

So you’d just let the bad guy reach for weapon and hurt more people? Yeah makes total sense. By the way I started the thread so I find it rich you’d tell me not to respond. Your response is exactly what’s wrong with society today. Regardless of facts in a specific incident, you link them all together under one banner of misinformation call racial injustice. If lying to people is standing up against racial injustice then thanks but no thanks!
Please explain how someone can stab you while facing the other direction. Physics wasn’t my best subject in school but I’m pretty sure it’s not possible. He was not a threat at the moment he was shot. He didn’t have a gun. Thinking maybe he might have had a gun is BS. You can’t assume someone has a gun or you’re basically saying that a cops have a free pass to shoot anyone at any time by simply saying I thought they might have a gun. You can’t have law and order when the justice system isn’t allowed to play out.

Reactions: zackbear
Please explain how someone can stab you while facing the other direction. Physics wasn’t my best subject in school but I’m pretty sure it’s not possible. He was not a threat at the moment he was shot. He didn’t have a gun. Thinking maybe he might have had a gun is BS. You can’t assume someone has a gun or you’re basically saying that a cops have a free pass to shoot anyone at any time by simply saying I thought they might have a gun. You can’t have law and order when the justice system isn’t allowed to play out.
He had the knife on him and was reaching for what he told them was a gun. After the struggle on the ground he broke free and said I’m going to get my gun. The cops kept their distance because of the knife and tried to use a taser. Bad probe connection so they got no affect. Bad guy opens the door cop grabs his arm (now at risk of being cut) and tried to pull him back. When he couldn’t and the bad guy reached for the seat, cop shot him. I have still frames of the knife in the bad guys hand near his stomach as he rounded the front of the vehicle.

my personal opinion is the bad guy knew he was going to jail so he was trying to get the cops to kill him. Typical suicide by cop scenario. Now he’s paralyzed and still going to jail.

Obviously you have never seen how dangerous someone with a knife can be. I dont know what happened and not even saying shooting him was justified because we dont actually know what was happening yet. If the cop had no reason charge him... but a knife can be more deadly than a gun at times and it can happen in a blink before you can react. Cops aren't under any obligation to die for the criminals that just cant seem to stop resisting arrest. It's just to damn easy. Just dont resist or attack the cops. If this guy would have just put his hands behind his back and calmly went to jail for his sexual battery warrant none of this would have happened.
I’ve been a DT instructor for 14 years and have training in edged weapons and a tactical knife instructor. I can f-ck you up majorly in a split second if you’re within 10 ft of me. You’d never even know it was coming. That’s why cops have a 21 ft rule with edged weapons.

I know my history. The scary part for me is what Martin Luther king said in 1963 while sitting in a Birmingham jail:

“I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice”
Was MLK in jail that time for soliciting prostitutes with his homies and paying for them with organizational funds?

And in before “but, but, but...Trump...Stormy Daniels”.

Reactions: GLFSTRM
Cash...you have a right to your opinion but Manny and none of the players losing any sleep about what a small percentage of fans who see them as products instead of people think. Seriously the really don’t give a....

Players, their parents, community and 90% of fan base got Manny back. Go Canes!

Cash...you have a right to your opinion but Manny and none of the players losing any sleep about what a small percentage of fans who see them as products instead of people think. Seriously the really don’t give a....

Players, their parents, community and 90% of fan base got Manny back. Go Canes!

Agreed. Manny is not only correct in what he said, he's also on the right side of history.

Reactions: CANE1983
He shot at folks
Population break down doesnt matter. What matters is when its compared to who is committing the violent crimes. A white or black guy who just works hard and plays by the rules isnt going to get shot by the police. It's the violent criminals. Unfortunately, although just a small percentage of the US population, black men commit an insane disproportionate amount of violent crime. That's just a fact. I'm working off memory but I saw that whites resisting are statistically killed by the police more often than blacks.

You speak about what happened the other night. I hate to talk about things I haven't looked into myself. I dont know what happened before the video was rolling but what i saw was a group of people trying to kick the brains in of a lone person, so he defended his life and then walked to the police with his hands up....not resisting. If he was coming at the police they would have justifiably lit him up.

I don’t know what provoked it but he had started to shoot and was running away and tripped. As he fell people tried to jump in and take his gun. 2 people got shot. Then he got up and was firing repeatedly at the crowd running away from him. You say if he woulda been coming at cops he woulda gotten lit up so I asked this at what point was Jacob Blake coming at the cops? They followed him to his car with his 3 kids in the car. Got close enough to grab his shirt. If they were scarred of what he was going to do why not just sit back and wait to see what he’s gonna do. If he had a knife and emerged from the car with it and you keep your distance you can deal with the threat.

He had the knife on him and was reaching for what he told them was a gun. After the struggle on the ground he broke free and said I’m going to get my gun. The cops kept their distance because of the knife and tried to use a taser. Bad probe connection so they got no affect. Bad guy opens the door cop grabs his arm (now at risk of being cut) and tried to pull him back. When he couldn’t and the bad guy reached for the seat, cop shot him. I have still frames of the knife in the bad guys hand near his stomach as he rounded the front of the vehicle.

my personal opinion is the bad guy knew he was going to jail so he was trying to get the cops to kill him. Typical suicide by cop scenario. Now he’s paralyzed and still going to jail.
I'll believe that when the audio is proven. Until then, its just the cops trying to cover for themselves. If its proven that he said he was going for his gun, I'll gladly admit I was wrong but the burden is on the cops to prove that. You can't just make that accusation with no proof. In all your years of as an officer are you going to say that you've never seen a single one of your colleagues lie about anything to justify an action? (not necessarily violence). Perhaps if they had their body cameras that the city approved and funded in 2017 this would be more cut and dry. The idea that every cop in america doesnt have one is insane.

Was MLK in jail that time for soliciting prostitutes with his homies and paying for them with organizational funds?

he was arrested because he was told that he could not hold a protest And he exercised his first amendment right to a peaceful protest.

Reactions: zackbear
We could go in circles I suppose. You have a right to your thoughts on this I just disagree. You see the cops as the problem, I see the criminal who wont stop resisting as the problem. No way to reconcile those differences. Cops have to arrest bad guys, that's part of their jobs. They cant just let them go because bad guy doesnt feel like get arrested today. Dude had a knife, dude was ignoring commands, dude was resisting, dude was reaching into car while both cops were desperately trying to stop him from doing that...must be a reason why. He got shot. That's on him....it just is. He didnt have to do all those things I listed. He could have just put his hands behind his back and got arrested. End of story. None of this happens without all the horrible decisions he made.

Anyone resisting arrest should be shot. Gotcha.

Ryan this was totally unnecessary and off topic. I was enjoying the Civil discourse from both sides. As a former Police Officer I totally understand and agree with Cash’s frustration. As an African American, I understand the frustration of the other side. I personally understand why MD tweeted what he did, and I’m not that bothered by it. It was vague and surface talk with the appearance of being “Woke” for his players. MD didn’t draw any conclusions imo. But let’s not interrupt civil discourse with personal attacks. Everyone is talking what they feel, and it’s from different perspectives!

Haha, now your just being dumb. I thought we were talking.

the officer was at no point in danger if he had maintained his distance. The cops are the ones that followed him to his car. And grabbed him. I don’t know what happened before that. But there were plenty of witnesses I’m sure a clearer picture will emerge as more detail comes out. I wish the DA or the police commissioner would be more transparent as to what even occurred or what is in the police report.

he was arrested because he was told that he could not hold a protest And he exercised his first amendment right to a peaceful protest.
Don't waste your time responding to that klansman UM Ryan. He sniffs the jocks of these black athletes but can't stand black folk which is evidenced by his overtly racist tropes towards black people and issues surrounding the black community.

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2

facts of case:

Couldn't they have tackled him before he got back to his car? They do it all the time. If you're beefing with someone and they tell you that they have a weapon in the car or house are you going to let them get to it or physically subdue them? I don't defend the indefensible but because they are black but more often than not black people are dealt with more harshly than white people even when white people have committed much more heinous crimes. Dylan Roof was taken to Burger King after he murdered 9 innocent people, this last mass shooter who is white was given bottled water at the scene. Hell, it seems like you can't even eat ice cream in piece in your own home if you're black.

Reactions: Raoul2
I don’t know what happened in that video that was violent. Yes more whites get shot by police by the #s but it’s disproportionate to the population breakdown. Based on population blacks are 2-3x more likely to get shot.

a white kid killed 2 people shot another and walked by 3 police cars with his hands up and an AR around his neck with people screaming he just shooting people and nothing happened to him. He’s allowed to walk away...
That guy would have been dead had he not shot them. Do your homework before you jump to conclusions

Couldn't they have tackled him before he got back to his car? They do it all the time. If you're beefing with someone and they tell you that they have a weapon in the car or house are you going to let them get to it or physically subdue them? I don't defend the indefensible but because they are black but more often than not black people are dealt with more harshly than white people even when white people have committed much more heinous crimes. Dylan Roof was taken to Burger King after he murdered 9 innocent people, this last mass shooter who is white was given bottled water at the scene. Hell, it seems like you can't even eat ice cream in piece in your own home if you're black.
He had a karambit blade which is why they gave him distance and tried using a taser. I wondered why the distance at first also but then saw the still frame of the knife. I’ll try to post it.

and in all fairness I’d shot the sh-to it if him too no matter what color he was. They actually put themselves in harms way by allowing it to continue as long as they did due to bystanders being so close to the initial confrontation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT