ADVERTISEMENT

Very disappointed in Manny Diaz

That wasn’t your tune in the Atlanta shooting...

what was my tune on the Atlanta shooting? I thought the officers shoulda let him walk since they already had his car And information. No need to shoot him. If you can’t chase him down let him go.

we then talked about tenn vs garner. And your interpretation of that law was wrong then. You cannot shoot a fleeing suspect.

what was my tune on the Atlanta shooting? I thought the officers shoulda let him walk since they already had his car And information. No need to shoot him. If you can’t chase him down let him go.

we then talked about tenn vs garner. And your interpretation of that law was wrong then. You cannot shoot a fleeing suspect.
Huh? I quoted the case law for you lmao. Whatever, you guys make sh-t up as you go.

Huh? I quoted the case law for you lmao. Whatever, you guys make sh-t up as you go.

tenn vs garner states the only 2 reasons a police officer can shoot a fleeing suspect is if he (or she) clearly poses an immediate threat to others or if the suspect poses a threat to harm the officer.

you cannot shoot a fleeing suspect under any other circumstance

tenn vs garner states the only 2 reasons a police officer can shoot a fleeing suspect is if he (or she) clearly poses an immediate threat to others or if the suspect poses a threat to harm the officer.

you cannot shoot a fleeing suspect under any other circumstance
You absolutely butchered it... you want to try again? There is way more to it than just that.

Reactions: gchaneyjr
You absolutely butchered it... you want to try again? There is way more to it than just that.

theres actually not more to it than that. I maybe didn’t have all the legal language perfect. But you can shoot a fleeing suspect. Including running with a taser.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
This happens all the time but the corrupt and dishonest media don't report it because it doesn't fit their narrative. They HATE the police.

what are you talking about. Lol. No one hates the police. We just want the police to be held accountable for their actions

what are you talking about. Lol. No one hates the police. We just want the police to be held accountable for their actions

What? The radical left wing of the Democratic Party, BLM, Antifa, and the liberal elite media ALL hate the police. That's why they are calling to defund or abolish the police altogether. Already many police depts. have been defunded, which will lead to a huge spike in crime. We are already seeing it in many cities.
Parts of the investigation in that small town in Wisconsin are being leaked. Jacob Blake either was reaching for a knife or had a knife in his hand. That's why he was shot. I betcha the officer who shot him will not be charged.

Pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon????? No chance dude. You will keep getting caps in the back until you 1. Assimilate and 2. Comply with authority.

Reactions: Tiv
Destroyed OBAMA’S LEGACY”Wait” I’m still laughing! Support Trump but DONT MAKE UP LIES! Comparing Trump to Obama is like saying, “Miami would go UNDEFEATED IN THE SEC, with LSU, UF, UGA, BAMA & Auburn on the schedule this year”! We Love Miami but it’s absolutely insane to say or believe something this stupid!

Trump destroyed the Obama legacy, the Bush legacy and the Clinton legacy. #Facts.

Ask him what his definition of reform is... actually I’m interested in hearing your definition of reform. People have no clue what our policies are.
Reform obviously more training. I would say no rookies patrolling the hood. I think you could have a scale of temperament where i would be a 9 and not good as a police officer for sure.

Reform obviously more training. I would say no rookies patrolling the hood. I think you could have a scale of temperament where i would be a 9 and not good as a police officer for sure.
It’s been a long time since I worked in the projects. I was a rookie and never had to shoot anyone. A sh-t ton of foot chases but that was about as bad as it got. We don’t really have projects where I work now, plus I don’t work patrol and am in plainclothes. We keep making excuses for people who created the situation and consequences they suffered. It’s not a hard concept. Cops don’t go into work looking for someone to shoot. This isn’t a game.

Reactions: Tiv
It’s been a long time since I worked in the projects. I was a rookie and never had to shoot anyone. A sh-t ton of foot chases but that was about as bad as it got. We don’t really have projects where I work now, plus I don’t work patrol and am in plainclothes. We keep making excuses for people who created the situation and consequences they suffered. It’s not a hard concept. Cops don’t go into work looking for someone to shoot. This isn’t a game.
Well sure cops dont, and like Trump says 98% are great but I would definitely say 98% are not trained as well as they could be. But honestly to me they all deserve the right to go home every day and that alone can cause quick decisions in the heat of the moment.

If people just complied this would take care of it, but alot of them are bad guys in life and run so.............Shit happens, i get it.

Well sure cops dont, and like Trump says 98% are great but I would definitely say 98% are not trained as well as they could be. But honestly to me they all deserve the right to go home every day and that alone can cause quick decisions in the heat of the moment.

If people just complied this would take care of it, but alot of them are bad guys in life and run so.............Shit happens, i get it.
Sorry this is a soapbox for me and something I’m very passionate about. As a cop, a trainer and someone who has created curriculum for the entire state of FL, watching these internet experts drives me up the wall.

Oh, I just read something that the narrative about him being accused of being a child rapist has been flagged as false. He does have a third degree sexual assault charge related to an alleged incident of domestic abuse. Sex with a minor is not included in those charges.
Found this today and reminded me of our conversation. Here’s the affidavit for his charges. Real piece of sh-t!

Found this today and reminded me of our conversation. Here’s the affidavit for his charges. Real piece of sh-t!

I just read the criminal complaint and it puts the sexual assault in a different context and I'm not excusing it. Sounds like he did some Ike Turner type of shit if what the lady said is true. There people even on this thread who said he was a child rapist and all kinds of other misinformation and embellishments.

Another example of you blaming the victim, Blake, and not that rogue cop who pumped 7 bullets in his back.
Should have been TEN bullets. Thug had a knife and was reaching for a gun. Or maybe we can just shoot the THUG in the kneecap????

Should have been TEN bullets. Thug had a knife and was reaching for a gun. Or maybe we can just shoot the THUG in the kneecap????
Now you're spewing bullshit. The damn Justice Department said that he had a knife under his floorboard and that was the only weapon that was retrieved.

Now you're spewing bullshit. The damn Justice Department said that he had a knife under his floorboard and that was the only weapon that was retrieved.
So Norm, do the cops have to wait until he grabs it and starts swinging it??? PURE THUG!

Not sure why African Americans have a tendency to resist authority. But there will eventually be FULL COMPLIANCE. No room in this country for that bullshit.

This is my first post in the lounge as I really don't like to get involved with political issues. Let me disclose that I'm not American so I really don't have anything to gain on either side of this argument. I've been fortunate enough in life that I've got to live in several different countries which included America (attended UM for college and worked in Miami for a couple of years after). I see the issue here, not with this specific case but in general as two fold. Police being overly aggressive and citizens resisting/not complying. Let me just say that American police are a different breed. I'm not sure why but they are a lot more aggressive and confrontational that police in most other countries. Very quick to react and flex their authority. Combine this with citizens of any race that fail to cooperate fully with the authority and its just a receipt for disaster. I feel people need to understand their rights better and how to go about dealing with the police. I also feel that there needs to be police reform to educate police on being less aggressive and not overreacting to situations. Both sides need to do a better job instead of just blaming the other. Just food for thought

This is my first post in the lounge as I really don't like to get involved with political issues. Let me disclose that I'm not American so I really don't have anything to gain on either side of this argument. I've been fortunate enough in life that I've got to live in several different countries which included America (attended UM for college and worked in Miami for a couple of years after). I see the issue here, not with this specific case but in general as two fold. Police being overly aggressive and citizens resisting/not complying. Let me just say that American police are a different breed. I'm not sure why but they are a lot more aggressive and confrontational that police in most other countries. Very quick to react and flex their authority. Combine this with citizens of any race that fail to cooperate fully with the authority and its just a receipt for disaster. I feel people need to understand their rights better and how to go about dealing with the police. I also feel that there needs to be police reform to educate police on being less aggressive and not overreacting to situations. Both sides need to do a better job instead of just blaming the other. Just food for thought
I read your post and it was very reasoned and balanced. I am 52. Been around the block. Have many clients of all ages from all walks of life. Lots of European clients who are mostly older women (don't ask why). But when I hear stories about my female clients getting their necklaces RIPPED off by cab drivers in Paris who are wearing Turbins and the cops over there don't show up for 3 hours?????....Guess what. THIS BULLSHIT GLOBAL DISRESPECT FOR AUTHORITY WILL STOP NOV 3RD. ENOUGH!!!!

I read your post and it was very reasoned and balanced. I am 52. Been around the block. Have many clients of all ages from all walks of life. Lots of European clients who are mostly older women (don't ask why). But when I hear stories about my female clients getting their necklaces RIPPED off by cab drivers in Paris who are wearing Turbins and the cops over there don't show up for 3 hours?????....Guess what. THIS BULLSHIT GLOBAL DISRESPECT FOR AUTHORITY WILL STOP NOV 3RD. ENOUGH!!!!
Lol Honey you always full speed ahead with your ideology. Yeah there are problems everywhere in the world obviously but I'm just trying to address the issue America is facing right now. I'm just saying that if people stopped pointing fingers at each other after every incident and realized that there are issues on both sides that need to be addressed it would be more constructive for everyone.

I just read the criminal complaint and it puts the sexual assault in a different context and I'm not excusing it. Sounds like he did some Ike Turner type of shit if what the lady said is true. There people even on this thread who said he was a child rapist and all kinds of other misinformation and embellishments.
I think babies mama was underage which is why they reference her by initials in the affidavit. That’s the only time I’ve ever seen that before is when they’re minors.

I think babies mama was underage which is why they reference her by initials in the affidavit. That’s the only time I’ve ever seen that before is when they’re minors.
You certainly have more law enforcement experience than me but I thought they tried to protect the identity of all sexual assault victims/accusers. They have three kids together and the court docs say these incidents happened at her house so I'm sure that she is underage.

So Norm, do the cops have to wait until he grabs it and starts swinging it??? PURE THUG!

Not sure why African Americans have a tendency to resist authority. But there will eventually be FULL COMPLIANCE. No room in this country for that bullshit.
First of all you said he had a gun and a knife and that's a flat out lie. I'm not even going to respond to your why African Americans have a tendency to resist authority comment because it is so racist and ignorant on your part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT