ADVERTISEMENT

2 republican Governors endorse bill to ban

Chokeholds by law enforcement. Here’s some breaking news, chokeholds are already illegal and have been for as long as I’ve been around unless it’s deadly force meeting deadly force.

if you are trying to kill a cop by shooting them and I drop a wrecking ball on you is that excessive force? If you have a knife and are trying to stab an officer and I choke you out and you die is that excessive force?

See where this is going! Dog and pony show for ignorant people who don’t know any better.

How about if they are handcuffed laying on the ground? Look we all support cops using deadly force if there is a gun, knife, or any lethal weapon that is about to used on them. The problem is deadly force happens too often when it is unnecessary. I get that you're going to be on a cop's side regardless but the fact is you guys are not infallible and you don't have a right to murder citizens whenever things don't go according to the book.

I guess so but once someone ignores you as a cop it seems like a very clear indication that shit may hit the fan quickly......
What are their choices after that? Seems like you only have three; pull your gun, pepper spray or try to physically get him to comply which is when all the problems start.
It all depends on what the situation is and what the cop is there for/to do. In many instances people don’t have to listen to officers and can merely ignore them or walk away. If the person is being detained or is not free to go then that’s when things escalate and can get tricky. I’ve been around 21 years and I can tell you a lot of younger cops (white, Black, Hispanic all kinds) get jammed up because they think someone has to talk to them merely because they’re asking them questions and when they don’t the ego kicks in and things escalate for no reason. A lot of times I tell them “just let that sh\t go” it’s not worth your or even a letter. This May sound strange but sometimes cops care too much about what other people may or may not be doing.

Reactions: 4210
How about if they are handcuffed laying on the ground? Look we all support cops using deadly force if there is a gun, knife, or any lethal weapon that is about to used on them. The problem is deadly force happens too often when it is unnecessary. I get that you're going to be on a cop's side regardless but the fact is you guys are not infallible and you don't have a right to murder citizens whenever things don't go according to the book.
First and foremost what happened in MN was wrong on all accounts. I’ve never said it wasn’t so don’t put words in my mouth. Chauvin is a giant POs. His work history should speak for itself and the fact he was not prosecuted before this is an indictment on his agency and they local prosecutor.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT