ADVERTISEMENT

A deeper dive into the 1.9 Trillion in NONSENSE

No, actually you can support parts of it and at the same time view the total package as PORK.

Republicans had no say in the bill. Almost everyone agrees stimulus was necessary for; unemployed, business' asked to shut down, Covid vaccine manufacturing and distribution. It is the additional $1 Trillion in pork projects, that have no bearing on covid relief, they are simply payback and progressive projects.

Maybe you don't pay taxes, or have children to care about the debt burden left to the next generation? Maybe your one of the convicts sitting in prison that will be getting a stimulus check?

Any American should be concerned about the unfretted printing of money that is occurring without a set of checks and balances.

You could technically support some parts and not others, but you would have trouble making the case that you're not a hypocrite since what Wicker is basically doing is attempting to raise his credibility with his constituents by promoting the value of a bill that he voted against.

There is SOOO much crap and pork in this bill it is mind boggling.

$825B of the bill goes to COVID relief, that’s it. That includes monies to families, drug costs and distribution and businesse. The rest is pork.

Of the $825B can anyone explain why we are sending a $1200 check to someone that is gainfully employed and has not had their income reduced? This would be all individuals earning less than $75,000 or couples filing jointly earning less than $150,000? For every child they get an additional $500.

For the same groups above they will receive child care credits of $3600 per child under 6 and $3000 for those 18 and under. Those credits can be received as cash payments.

All of the above are non taxable. Why does a couple earning $150,000 need a stimulus check at the expense of a ballooning budget?
All of this is moot because obviously you're not objective. It's a hit job that really explains why we voted republicans out of office.

The reason why everyone gets the money is really the same reason as when Republicans were in charge. You just have to understand how a stimulus works. It doesn't matter if people "need" the money. It's thier money and we need people spending so people can stay employed man.

I pay my taxes. It's my money. I am gainfully employed and don't "need" it but who are you to tell me I shouldn't have my own money?

We elect people who decide who gets money. Elections have consequences.

All of this is moot because obviously you're not objective. It's a hit job that really explains why we voted republicans out of office.

The reason why everyone gets the money is really the same reason as when Republicans were in charge. You just have to understand how a stimulus works. It doesn't matter if people "need" the money. It's thier money and we need people spending so people can stay employed man.

I pay my taxes. It's my money. I am gainfully employed and don't "need" it but who are you to tell me I shouldn't have my own money?

We elect people who decide who gets money. Elections have consequences.

That stimulus check you receive probably amounts to the entirety of your tax dollars; enjoy it.

That stimulus check you receive probably amounts to the entirety of your tax dollars; enjoy it.
Again! Who do you think you are to talk about a persons money? What they have or what they need? You don't know shit yet you are here telling us about our money. Please go away!

We bailed out the air industry too. What's your point? We bain out wall street and all kinds of corporations all the time.
Tell that to non union workers who work hard and think for themselves.
Helping an industry which is essential to our economy (air travel) , and bailing. out a poorly run union pension fund are not the same thing. Even you should be able to figure that out. On the other hand, maybe not.

Tell that to non union workers who work hard and think for themselves.
Helping an industry which is essential to our economy (air travel) , and bailing. out a poorly run union pension fund are not the same thing. Even you should be able to figure that out. On the other hand, maybe not.
WTF are you talking about? Organizations are poorly run in this country all the time is my point. Including the NRA. So is that organization worthless too? Stop it! If it weren't for Unions we would all be mandated to do things like work on saturday and sunday. There would be no sick days or vacation time. We need unions. We just need them run properly. So, don't imply Unions are some huge problem. They aren't.

The actions of the teachers unions. contradict everything you said. Millions of parents say unions are the problem not the solution.

Public unions really have no place in the workforce. WI was the first to allow them and first to try and remove them.

Unions ceased to be necessary decades ago. The number of people in unions drops every year. The teachers unions are giving unions a huge black eye.Bailing out their pension funds is absurd and disgusting, although some people on here think it's wonderful.

No, actually you can support parts of it and at the same time view the total package as PORK.

Republicans had no say in the bill. Almost everyone agrees stimulus was necessary for; unemployed, business' asked to shut down, Covid vaccine manufacturing and distribution. It is the additional $1 Trillion in pork projects, that have no bearing on covid relief, they are simply payback and progressive projects.

Maybe you don't pay taxes, or have children to care about the debt burden left to the next generation? Maybe your one of the convicts sitting in prison that will be getting a stimulus check?

Any American should be concerned about the unfretted printing of money that is occurring without a set of checks and balances.
Dollar weakens inflation is coming . Economics 101

Reactions: grbcane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT