ADVERTISEMENT

A Sharp Contrast In Styles: Napier At UF Has Hired 50 People On His Coaching Staff.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Including both an OC and DC coordinator, and Corey Raymond (from LSU), a top-5 DB coach in the country.

Obviously, we are not envious of what Florida does, and Napier has never coached at the Power-5 level.

We also have, by my recollection from a month ago, a higher budget than Florida when it comes to a support staff ($8.5M+).

I find it somewhat fascinating how we are seeing a SHARP contrast in styles between Mario at The U and Napier at UF when it comes to assembling a coaching staff. As I have consistently stated, Mario has done an EXCELLENT job up to this point in time hiring positional/support staff coaches. Also, I don't think anyone was expecting Mario to hire 50 people by now.

That being said, I reiterate my opinion as a fan that it is a massive risk to wait this long to hire a both OC and DC. But undertaking a high risk like this may be necessary in order to reap a high reward, and I certainly respect Mario's ambition to think, talk, and act outside the box when it comes to a new order of football business at The U.

The way UM, UF, and FSU are going about coaching staff/administrative changes is sharp contrast in styles from one another, and a classic case of whether the ends will justify the means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News