ADVERTISEMENT

AFTER THE PAST 3 YEARS. EVERYTHING ABOUT KIFFIN IS TRENDING UP. I DIDNT WANT TO GET INVOLVED IN CHOOSING BETWEEN. THE 2 MAIN CHOICES.

ButterP

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2008
Yet my eyes tell me Kiffin. May be the RIGHT choice, but not the POPULAR choice. Due to Mario being one of our own. Although Mario is doing a phenomenal job with recruiting and having won. 2 PAC12 Titles. Kiffin having been an offensive coordinator. May not need as much time to get the ball rolling. With some of the weapons we have on offense. Mario would have to hire OUTSTANDING coordinators. Since he has never been a coordinator before. So Mario would kill in recruiting. He has to make HR hires in the other departments. Kiffin has a Rolodex as well, but can run the offense SOLO.

I’ve read posts that say Mario is here for the long haul and that may be true. Now if Kiffin has multiple 10+ win seasons. A couple of ACCCG appearances with a win or 2. Top that off with a CFP appearance or 2. If the NFL came calling. Would he be wrong for considering it? Look at our history. Howard, Jimmy, Dennis and Butch. All had great success here and the NFL itch. Miami is a proven breeding ground for coaches. If the lead the CANES to the promised land. Who’s to say Mario wouldn’t be a candidate for an NFL job if he gets us back to prominence.

I want all of us to think about that. Whoever gets here and rights the ship. Will have plenty of suitors. Considering where we have been the past decade and a half. So let’s not just say we wants someone who will be here long term. We all want that, but today’s landscape. In not only CFB, but sports in general. Changes like the weather.

Now if we dont land either. WE COULD BE F’CKED

PS. He also beat the brakes off that SMU team that had Lashlee as the OC. Who is now being considered for HC at that same SMU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News