ADVERTISEMENT

And this is why you don’t give money to Iran

A international court ordered the US govt to refund Iran for a purchase of US made fighter jets that were supposed to be delivered to Iran's pre revolutionary govt (1979). The refund was made in 2 installments. The govt of Shah Mohammed Reza Palavi was overthrown, the US embassy was seized along with most of the workers of the Embassy. The fighter jets were never delivered.
The $$$ was NOT ransom paid for Iranian American Hostages.
Since when do we give two sh#ts what an international court says?

Reactions: grbcane
I understood completely and while your statement was close to truth it was wrong in facts. The statement being wrong was not the big deal as I understand your sources, rather the action of giving the roque nation money, especially through a negotiation for Americans release, was not only stupid but dangerous.

Now put your spin on it any way that you want, but everyone, to include the far left, knows the money was returned as ransom and was one of the worst political moves in our history.

What is close? I said this. They weren't going to give them the money that is their own money without the release of our hostages. Again, what didn't you understand about this?

Reactions: grbcane and redsoxb
A international court ordered the US govt to refund Iran for a purchase of US made fighter jets that were supposed to be delivered to Iran's pre revolutionary govt (1979). The refund was made in 2 installments. The govt of Shah Mohammed Reza Palavi was overthrown, the US embassy was seized along with most of the workers of the Embassy. The fighter jets were never delivered.
The $$$ was NOT ransom paid for Iranian American Hostages.

What International Court? Who was in charge? What propped them up.

Are these the same people that sat the Iranians and Saudis on the UN Human Rights Council.

You realize that you are defending people that have enslaved their population.

Pretty funny.

You can't tell people what to do with their own money. We don't run Iran. We run America. You can't expect our president to determine what other countries do to run their own government. We can sanction them. That's all we can do. Obama has no higher responsibility or resources than any other president.

So, i just don't understand why you insist on harping on something like that. The international intel community looks at the deal made with Iran as a whole. Republicans look at what we gave up. It's like a trade in the NBA with people siting saying you gave up Isaiah Thomas every 5 minutes. Because that's what suits your needs on the Right to make Obama a shit president. You ignore the part where they stop their nuclear program at least a decade....and open more opportunities to prevent international war. You ignore that the Celtics got Kyrie Irving because all you care about is taking shots at the opposition.

It's like Benghazi. It's a ridiculous argument. You don't get something without giving up something. It isn't realistic.
This sounds like an uneducated, idiocy laced essay from a seventh grader who knows nothing about how life really works, relying on his/her myopic view of the world to produce unsubstantiated claims, resulting in just a bunch of incomprehensible rambling.

I understood completely and while your statement was close to truth it was wrong in facts. The statement being wrong was not the big deal as I understand your sources, rather the action of giving the roque nation money, especially through a negotiation for Americans release, was not only stupid but dangerous.

Now put your spin on it any way that you want, but everyone, to include the far left, knows the money was returned as ransom and was one of the worst political moves in our history.
Exactly!! Great points! And now you’ve noticed the dishonesty and spin.

Obama was just 8 years of total dishonesty.

He and his clan were a total embarrassment to Our Great Republic.

Reactions: PalmaBoy

No...I am not going to spin it because you refuse to acknowledge what i said. You would rather use make up your own facts. Our sitting president made a deal with Iran. We got something and they got something. That's what a deal is.....because you don't get something without giving up something in return. They wanted their money we kept through sanctions. Stop ignoring this fact. We got something in return. There is no spin to it. This ridiculous straw man argument full of conspiracy theories is merely a republican talking point that is...well....ridiculous.

This sounds like an uneducated, idiocy laced essay from a seventh grader who knows nothing about how life really works, relying on his/her myopic view of the world to produce unsubstantiated claims, resulting in just a bunch of incomprehensible rambling.

We can't tell them what to do with their money, yet he tries to spend mine all the time the way he wants.

We can't tell them what to do with their money, yet he tries to spend mine all the time the way he wants.
He can do this because you benefit from the freedoms afforded america. You are one of these americans that think freedom is free. No, it isn't free. We pay for it. We pay for the right to walk around protected from other countries. We pay for the right to drink clean water. We pay for the right to drive down our roads. We pay for the right to eat clean food. We pay for the right to get safe drugs. None of this is free. So rather than point to the other side wanting something free, maybe you should understand this works both ways. Freedom isn't free!

He can tell do this because you benefit from the freedoms afforded america. You are one of these americans that think freedom is free. No, it isn't free. We pay for it. We pay for the right to walk around protected from other countries. We pay for the right to drink clean water. We pay for the right to drive down our roads. We pay for the right to eat clean food. We pay for the right to get safe drugs. None of this is free. So rather than point to the other side wanting something free, maybe you should understand this works both ways. Freedom isn't free!
Soapbox!! And the scary part is this, when you attach a monetary tone to “Freedom” it definitively shows you have zero concept of what “Freedom” actually is! This a major Achilles heel for liberals!

He can do this because you benefit from the freedoms afforded america. You are one of these americans that think freedom is free. No, it isn't free. We pay for it. We pay for the right to walk around protected from other countries. We pay for the right to drink clean water. We pay for the right to drive down our roads. We pay for the right to eat clean food. We pay for the right to get safe drugs. None of this is free. So rather than point to the other side wanting something free, maybe you should understand this works both ways. Freedom isn't free!

Don't tell me what I am unless you want to hear what I think you are.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
The fringes of both sides will slant facts to make their point, while all the while ignore reality. Regardless, they are entitled to their opinion but it makes it very difficult to have an adult conversation with them. No biggy.

Exactly!! Great points! And now you’ve noticed the dishonesty and spin.

You have no concept of the bill of rights

Reactions: BreakingCane
Please stop the name calling. I don't care enough about you to not report you to the moderators. It's pretty ridiculous. Learn how to make a point without it. That's first.

Secondly i don't agree with a word you said.
Please....the only difference in the name-calling directed towards you by the people on this board and you is that you are passive aggressive with your pot-shots towards others. If @gferman is banning people for responding to your quasi-artistic form of name calling then so be it. I hope Gary takes a good hard look from both angles before he starts hitting the ban button when you're reporting posters who get under your skin because you cant handle the same crap you try to dish out. It really is weak.

Please....the only difference in the name-calling between the people on this board and you is that you are passive aggressive with your pot-shots. If @gferman is banning people for responding to your quasi-artistic form of name calling then so be it. I hope Gary takes a good hard look from both angles before he starts hitting the ban button when you're reporting posters who get under your skin because you cant handle the same crap you try to dish out.
When someone gets upset at namecalling or reports stuff to Gary they know they’ve lost the argument. It was game over when the cuck started to ignore those he consistently lost to on these boards. #winning! #metoo

Please....the only difference in the name-calling between the people on this board and you is that you are passive aggressive with your pot-shots. If @gferman is banning people for responding to your quasi-artistic form of name calling then so be it. I hope Gary takes a good hard look from both angles before he starts hitting the ban button when you're reporting posters who get under your skin because you cant handle the same crap you try to dish out. It really is weak.
lol...you don't think i am told when i cross the line too? Thanks for the laugh.

Please....the only difference in the name-calling directed towards you by the people on this board and you is that you are passive aggressive with your pot-shots towards others. I@gferman is banning people for responding to your quasi-artistic form of name calling then so be it. I hope Gary takes a good hard look from both angles before he starts hitting the ban button when you're reporting posters who get under your skin because you cant handle the same crap you try to dish out. It really is weak.
This is 100% dead balls accurate! My question is when does Gary get sick of CD constantly reporting people? Since he pisses everyone off and reports people nonstop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT