ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Care to Discuss the Playoff Scenario?

Tiv

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2002
Well we're not playing today and the top recruit in the country ain't committing to us today either. So we have some time, for those that want to, to discuss this.

As much as I hate to say this, ND is in. They're undefeated, they played a decent schedule plus their brand sells itself. No way they get left out.

Clemson is also in. All they have to do is beat a 7 - 5 Pitt team. A team we beat by 3 TDs last week. So I figure Clemson will beat them by 5 - 7 TDs. Maybe more. They're in.

Obviously if Bama wins they are in. But what if they lose a close game to Georgia? Georgia is obviously in. But according to Herbie Bama might sneak in as well with one loss.
They have been ranked #1 all season and they have the probable Heisman winner in Tua. I agree with Herbie on this.
Herbie also said that if Georgia loses a close game to Bama that the Bulldogs could still sneak into the playoffs. I believe this could happen only happen if both Oklahome and Ohio St. lose their conference championship games, which I think is very unlikely to happen. Right now OU is in a dogfight with Texas, while the Luckeyes play Northwestern later on today.
Texas could beat OU. But I just don't see Northwestern beating Ohio St. No friggin' way.
All the games today should be very interesting.

So I think these 4 teams will wind up making the playoffs: Bama, Clemson, ND and Ohio St. All teams that I really hate except for Clemson. I think Oklahoma will get left out even if they win today because they have an awful defense. They don't play D in the Big 12.

Please feel free to chime in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.