ADVERTISEMENT

As much as I liked a lot of what I saw, there was plenty to be concerned about.

royfirestone

SuperCane
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2008
You simply couldn't ask for more impactful turnovers...three touchdowns on some heads up, right place at the right time, and imposing physical talent plays that highlighted the night.
But the defense was loose on pass coverage all night, even a desperation 4th and 13 went for a first down. I didn't see much if anything of Jaquan, and the tackling in space was often poor, especially when they gashed us early on with something like an option play or two.
I find the Canes usually have issues with mobility of a QB and the angles some of LB's take make for a lot of grabbing at air.
A much better team, maybe FSU,wouldn't be denied points with our tackling and pass coverage.
I thought we had a ton of penalties and some pretty stupid ones too.
Willis getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty really gave them their best drive of the night.
It was a silly penalty for verbal abuse.
Needless.
But add on some shoddy ball security issues...fumble and tipped interception on back to back series and a much better team (FSU?) will take advantage.
I like the running backs after the first couple of series. Homer and Deejay are very exciting backs, so much better than we had them last year.
Dallas is going to become a star if he isn't already.
Where was Jeff Thomas?
When is the mystery man.....Ahmmon Richards going to make his impact?
I think Harley is very suitable as a receiver and Cager and Langham and Hightower show everyone how deep and talented our receiving corp really is.
Thomas was barely on the radar. And we didn't need him .I hope he's ok.
Which brings me to Perry. The kid is athletic but still pretty undisciplined.
He has a tendency to run before he throws and against a good pursuit team, he will have trouble finding lanes.
I wasn't crazy about him throwing into double coverage and getting that pick, but I really didn't like the fumble. He carries the ball far too lightly...letting his feet take charge in an open field.
I'm still worried about Feagles but tonight he didn't get on the field.We may have a punting issue now.
I am not a Baxa believer yet either.
I fear he might cost us a game somewhere down the road.
FSU is next.
We have a couple of days to heal and begin an early prep for the Noles.
So many of you think FSU is a shell of what they were, and they might be.
But they still have top notch athletes and they are looking to beat Miami to maybe make their season now.
This is the grudge match.
I hope they have a sellout crowd. I thought tonights crowd was disappointing.
Whatever happened to throwing to the tight end?
I still would like to see more of Lingard as a home run threat, but D.J. is tough to keep off the field. And I love Choc in short yardage.
He is, as Shula used to say of Booby Clark "A load".
All in all, a good win, but I believe a deceptively flawed win.
I hope we clean things up next week. FSU will be in a bad mood next Saturday.
I hope we bring it to them.
This will be a big test.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News