ADVERTISEMENT

As the season approaches

CaneWonder

SuperCane
Silver Member
Jul 12, 2019
calling al Canesport subscribers to reply.

What is your feeling on wearing masks ?

Keep it short and direct with your replies.

I wear a mask all the time around people other than family members.
I have a UF grad, a UCF grad and a JWU grad > all Cane fans through and through.

You need a distinction in your question between "masks" and "face coverings." A "mask" is designed and tested to filter specific particles when worn properly. A "face covering" is throwing some random fabric on your face that isn't designed or tested to any kind of specifications.

The "face coverings" being mandated and worn probably don't really do that much. They actually might hurt the situation because people think they are protected by wearing one and then don't pay attention to precautions that actually do help. I have seen more than one person sneeze with a face covering on but not make any attempt to cover the sneeze. That piece of fabric isn't providing much resistance to the force of a sneeze.

However, I'll play along if it lets businesses stay open. I would gladly wear one at Hard Rock if it allowed me to go to games.

Not a fan of masks but it's not a big deal either.

Only time it really bothers me is when I'm meeting with clients and talking a bunch.

I can imagine it would suck if I have to wear one in the hot sun for a game but I'll make that sacrifice if that is what it takes.

calling al Canesport subscribers to reply.

What is your feeling on wearing masks ?

Keep it short and direct with your replies.

I wear a mask all the time around people other than family members.
I have a UF grad, a UCF grad and a JWU grad > all Cane fans through and through.
Not sure yet, one thing is wearing a mask in an air conditioned environment, opposed to wearing one for hours in the Florida heat.

Reactions: grbcane and rkrantz
If I were at a game and people are yelling (ie the Golden years) and cheering, even if there are three empty rows between us, I would want them wearing a mask.

Not sure yet, one thing is wearing a mask in an air conditioned environment, opposed to wearing one for hours in the Florida heat.

This right here is the true question.

I can wear my mask when I go to Publix or Home Depot or something like that and shop for 30-45 minutes.

I can wear my mask when I walk into and out of my building at work.

I can wear my mask when I walk into and out of a restaurant.

Could I wear my mask for 3-4 hours in the blistering South Florida heat while attempting to make some noise or cheer for my team???

Eek. Call me crazy... but breathing in excessive amounts of CO2 has been labeled as "not good for you" by medical professionals. How on Earth are we supposed to wear a mask in 95 degree heat with 100% humidity and literally not die from carbon monoxide poisoning?

For years we've joked about how this team might kill us... in this scenario it might actually be true.

I wear it everywhere. If I eat out, which is rare, I wear the mask while I order and put it back on as soon as I’m finished eating. I don’t mind, it protects others, and sets an example for families with young impressionable kids. No, you are not being submissive. You are acting like a responsible human being. Get over your entitled, paranoid selves. People have worn masks for over hundred years with every disease and in every continent.

I wear one at work whenever I have to step out of my office.

I wear it whenever I get out of my car to go into a store, and anytime I have to go face-to-face with another person (drive-thru windows, deliveries, etc).

The only time it bothers me is when my out-of-shape behind goes up the stairs at work (I don't like elevators).

Reactions: Canetogo

I wear it whenever I get out of my car to go into a store, and anytime I have to go face-to-face with another person (drive-thru windows, deliveries, etc).

The only time it bothers me is when my out-of-shape behind goes up the stairs at work (I don't like elevators).
Dufour you duffer (smiling).
Use this sh** to get into shape. Use the stairs.
I Lost 20 pounds from the start of this sh** and is a hell of a lot different.......you can tell.
Go for it.

Reactions: Dufour Cane
Ah yes, wear a mask when applicable, and that way you think of the others, as their wearing protects your ass.
E.g......New York...vs...Texas, Florida.

Dufour you duffer (smiling).
Use this sh** to get into shape. Use the stairs.
I Lost 20 pounds from the start of this sh** and is a hell of a lot different.......you can tell.
Go for it.

You have inspired me!! About to drop 10-15 pounds!

Reactions: Canetogo
I wear it everywhere. If I eat out, which is rare, I wear the mask while I order and put it back on as soon as I’m finished eating. I don’t mind, it protects others, and sets an example for families with young impressionable kids. No, you are not being submissive. You are acting like a responsible human being. Get over your entitled, paranoid selves. People have worn masks for over hundred years with every disease and in every continent.

It has nothing to do with being entitled , some people like to think for themselves, and not except everything they’re spoon fed.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/swedens-top-epidemiologist-see-no-point-wearing-masks/

Reactions: rkrantz
Why do people wear masks driving alone in their vehicle ? don't be funny with you answer.

Deadens the smell of a good gas bomb.

Not entitled at all, I just have a functioning brain. I own a water damage restoration company and my employees when working with sewage are required to wear full face respirators with vapor cartridges. This is not because we want to but because OSHA deems N95 or cloth masks completely useless when it pertains to viruses. This is in regards to water borne viruses that are far less transmissible and also 2-10 times the particle size. How could they be more effective with an airborne respiratory particle that is 1 micron and the N95 can only filter up to 7 microns, cloth is about 12. The answer is they cannot and there is no place that can definitively state that masks have been effective in combating this disease. This is an effort to convey control over something the government has no means of controlling.

I wear a mask since it is a fineable offense in my city. The moment it is not I will ease this childish feel good exercise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT