ADVERTISEMENT

Why the recent carnage - a possible linkage?

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
Of course the politicians on both sides are using this horrific tragedy to promote their previous agenda's. They are almost as sick as the killer.

Last night between all the drum banging, Biden in particuliar went full Rahm Emmanuel, there was an interview that brought some possible context to this and many of the other horrible "lack of respect for human life" in the country. Buffalo, Orange County, NY Subway incidents, cop killings, every weekend in Chicago, etc. A former classmate of the killer was interviewed. It was the standard, "didn't know him well" etc. but then he said something very interesting. He said that he did not really see him this school year or last school year. We are finding that from the pandemic related lockdowns and school closures many students have in affect, dissapeared from the school system. Where did they go? Where are they now and what is their state of mind.

The same concept is likely in many of the other recent carnage. People that were prone to mental illness were locked down, their social groups dissapeared and they have become radicalized over toxic social media. The natural human condition is not to wear a mask, be locked in four walls, fed through a door and told their only view of the world is a small screen. Something is wrong in this country. The disgusting political class using a crisis to consolidate their power is not the answer. I am not a behavorial scientist, but given the unprecented lockdowns from Covid, doesn't it make sense to honestly investigate the affect of governmental actions? There is already a great deal of evidence that mental illness, domestic violence and substance abuse have dramatically increased. Is it not possible that is also a contributing factor to the recent increase in random murder, which is caused by individuals not placing value on human life?

Reactions: CFSteve and kimzkr
Of course the politicians on both sides are using this horrific tragedy to promote their previous agenda's. They are almost as sick as the killer.

Last night between all the drum banging, Biden in particuliar went full Rahm Emmanuel, there was an interview that brought some possible context to this and many of the other horrible "lack of respect for human life" in the country. Buffalo, Orange County, NY Subway incidents, cop killings, every weekend in Chicago, etc. A former classmate of the killer was interviewed. It was the standard, "didn't know him well" etc. but then he said something very interesting. He said that he did not really see him this school year or last school year. We are finding that from the pandemic related lockdowns and school closures many students have in affect, dissapeared from the school system. Where did they go? Where are they now and what is their state of mind.

The same concept is likely in many of the other recent carnage. People that were prone to mental illness were locked down, their social groups dissapeared and they have become radicalized over toxic social media. The natural human condition is not to wear a mask, be locked in four walls, fed through a door and told their only view of the world is a small screen. Something is wrong in this country. The disgusting political class using a crisis to consolidate their power is not the answer. I am not a behavorial scientist, but given the unprecented lockdowns from Covid, doesn't it make sense to honestly investigate the affect of governmental actions? There is already a great deal of evidence that mental illness, domestic violence and substance abuse have dramatically increased. Is it not possible that is also a contributing factor to the recent increase in random murder, which is caused by individuals not placing value on human life?
Well said....................I don't watch the news , nor am I on social media.........but , I did see Steve Kerr's pre game interview.........That interview is a microcosm of exactly what is wrong with this country at the moment........All he did was blame, blame , and blame ( of course he only selected examples that fit his agenda)......Easy to blame , but harder to find answers to rectify the issues.........Left of right, does not matter at this moment.......what matters is we, as a country, are unable ( and unwilling) to unite and deal with the issues that confront us..........Media , politicizing, and social media don't help........I will pray for this country that I have fought for, but it is a scary world out there in today's landscape

Reactions: central17

Interesting thoughts there:

I expected the covid responses would lead to some kids dropping behind academically and literally having their lives ruined, but never thought beyond that.

After reading your post It makes sense to me that lockdowns, social isolation and some kids completely missing during covid or dropping far behind has to lead to a myriad of other problems beyond academics.. Combine with that mental and emotional illnesses and you have a powder keg. I'm afraid we'll witness the damage in a myriad of ways in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT