ADVERTISEMENT

Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Butterworth’s and Uncle Ben

All these brands getting a new name. These were around before I was a kid.

What’s next? :mad:
Whats next? Here's a guess.. public elementary schools will soon begin teaching the proper methods of gay sex...

You know its coming at some point, if not already taught... this shit will never end until we have ppl saying enoughs enough

She was a former slave, great story teller, a great cook, she became rich off the endorsement. There is a lot one could learn from her, now she’s just another statue the idiot protestors toppled that actually honored African Americans.

Reactions: 289fia
I'm glad. It's 2020. We need to rebrand all that shit. The people that are the most mad about it don't even use any of these brands I promise you....lol. Just looking to be messy.

I'm glad. It's 2020. We need to rebrand all that shit. The people that are the most mad about it don't even use any of these brands I promise you....lol. Just looking to be messy.
Shows how dumb you actually are... you’re supporting the trashing of a great story:

Nancy Green, (aka Aunt Jemima) was born into slavery. She was a magnificent cook and well known for her pancakes. When she was freed from slavery she rolled her cooking talent into a brand that GM bought and used.

She was a maid who worked for an advertising agent in Englewood, New Jersey. She allowed her image to be used by the brand so that she could make a profit for herself to invest. She also agreed to have her face on the products so that it would take a negative stereotype of blacks and turn it into an approachable, friendly demeanor. She died in 1923 as one of America's first black millionaires.

Today, democrats are doing their typical "cancel culture" and forcing her picture and name to be removed from the brand. Instead of celebrating her incredible success story, democrats would rather we all just judge her for the color of her skin and "cancel" her brand and memory that has been around for 100+ years.

So when you no longer see Aunt Jemima products with her face on it, it's because democrats wanted her story, success, and memory to be swept clean from history just because she's black.

This is cancel culture for you.

Shows how dumb you actually are... you’re supporting the trashing of a great story:

Nancy Green, (aka Aunt Jemima) was born into slavery. She was a magnificent cook and well known for her pancakes. When she was freed from slavery she rolled her cooking talent into a brand that GM bought and used.

She was a maid who worked for an advertising agent in Englewood, New Jersey. She allowed her image to be used by the brand so that she could make a profit for herself to invest. She also agreed to have her face on the products so that it would take a negative stereotype of blacks and turn it into an approachable, friendly demeanor. She died in 1923 as one of America's first black millionaires.

Today, democrats are doing their typical "cancel culture" and forcing her picture and name to be removed from the brand. Instead of celebrating her incredible success story, democrats would rather we all just judge her for the color of her skin and "cancel" her brand and memory that has been around for 100+ years.

So when you no longer see Aunt Jemima products with her face on it, it's because democrats wanted her story, success, and memory to be swept clean from history just because she's black.

What do you expect from low IQ libtard sheep. Bigly!

True it is sad but I always thought aunt jemima felt kind of racist but the others did not. Also We can’t just erase the past, it happened. Put some disclaimers out there for stuff from a different time.
People want it both ways. You can't have it both ways either. You can't say let's forget the past. Let's quit bringing up the past....or stupid shit like I never owned slaves. I didn't do anything in 2020. Then say, I want to honor the past.....lol. Its gotta be one or the other. Let's not forget it. Those that forget it are doomed to repeat it but lets remember it in a museum. I don't need to remember it by honoring it on statues and pancake syrup of a lady that has been dead almost 80 years. Let's keep it moving...and I promise you the people making the most noise about gone with the wind had no intentions of watching this movie.

Last edited:
Maybe its ignorance or self importance, but when I was a kid and even today when I pour it on my waffles/scrambled egg n toast sandwich/ pancakes making sure the sausage takes a dip/ I felt/feel good and remember my grandmother saying smile she got rich ! (oye respeto que esa se hizo rica lol) and it does give me pride. I guess it all depends on your perspective, but sux for them and the kids that follow ,,sad irony

People want it both ways. You can't have it both ways either. You can't say let's forget the past. Let's quit bringing up the past....or stupid shit like I never owned slaves. I didn't do anything in 2020. Then say, I want to honor the past.....lol. Its gotta be one or the other. Let's not forget it. Those that forget it are doomed to repeat it but lets remember it in a museum. I don't need to remember it by honoring it on statues and pancake syrup of a lady that has been dead almost 80 years. Let's keep it moving...and I promise you the people making the most noise about gone with the wind had no intentions of watching this movie.
Perfect example of your lack of Self accountability and your victim culture.

Rather than CANCEL the brand .. Quaker Oats should PUBLICIZE the history behind it and actually pay homage to one of the true success stories of a black woman, born into slavery, freed and used HER INITIATIVE to become independent and wealthy. Missed opportunity.

Rather than CANCEL the brand .. Quaker Oats should PUBLICIZE the history behind it and actually pay homage to one of the true success stories of a black woman, born into slavery, freed and used HER INITIATIVE to become independent and wealthy. Missed opportunity.
There was subsequent litigation from heirs which was dismissed with prejudice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT