ADVERTISEMENT

Board libs do you support repeal of 2A?

Whether it be state law, federal law, a city ordinance. There’s not really much of a difference. The fact a municipality has banned firearms yet has one of the highest crime rates in the country should speak for itself. Look at New Orleans. The gun restriction in California have done nothing to prevent the murder rate from staying on par.

Hell those numbers from 2017 would be even hire if not for advancements in medical treatment and that’s a documented fact.

But the Chicago example is a poor one because you can drive an hour outside of Chicago and buy a duffle bag full of guns in Indiana.

Here you go. Highest firearm homicide rate, highest total homicide rate. About 5 times as high as Canada (among other places).

gun-death-rates-chart.jpg
Very well aware of those stats. If you take away Chicago, NYC, New Orleans and LA we drop to almost dead last. What do those four cities have in common? They have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country all by the way are ran by liberal progressive democrats.

You want to talk about policy failures... that’s a microcosm of it not working.

Cems I would support eliminating some types of weapons if I thought it would do any good. But to me, it’s like banning 100 proof alcohol in an attempt the reduce drunk driving deaths.
Have you checked out Ausrtalia's results since banning assault weapons?

Hers's an excerpt from the article.

In the decades before the Port Arthur killings, there were 13 mass shootings in Australia (defined by academics as the killing of five or more people, not including the shooter).

Since the 1996 gun reform, Australia has not had another mass shooting.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3784603/australia-gun-control-ban/

Can we at least look at their system? Not saying it will work here but lets try something different.

But the Chicago example is a poor one because you can drive an hour outside of Chicago and buy a duffle bag full of guns in Indiana.
And those guns are gaurunteed to all be illegally obtained too. My former neighbor is an FBI agent in Gary. I know this line well and no common sense gun law is going to change that. No repealing of 2A is going to change that. Hence why disarming law abiding citizens only makes more victims. Pointless and dumb.

Reactions: e_cushing
No law can protect people from people that want to do bad things.

Until people change their ways, things like this will always happen.

It might not happen with a gun, but if they want to do harm they will find a way.
Using this theory there would be no such thing as a law. What would be the point of having one right? Laws are a deterrent. They aren't going to stop any crime. Guns aren't an exception. People still rob banks and people still steal and people still break the law.....yet we have them. Simply because more people would do it if we didn't. It's no different here. People find ways to break all kinds of laws and they may or may not get caught but we have to have a rule of law and order.

We can't make excuses just to have a gun. They are just like everything else. I imagine you could say the same about any law is the point. I'm sure most of us may have driven after having too much to drink and got away with it many times. How many times did you decide not to becuase you know it is against the law. Many here i am sure have gotten a DUI and next time didn't try it at all.

Have you checked out Ausrtalia's results since banning assault weapons?

Hers's an excerpt from the article.

In the decades before the Port Arthur killings, there were 13 mass shootings in Australia (defined by academics as the killing of five or more people, not including the shooter).

Since the 1996 gun reform, Australia has not had another mass shooting.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3784603/australia-gun-control-ban/

Can we at least look at their system? Not saying it will work here but lets try something different.
That’s not true... they just had one like two weeks ago. They’ve also had a run on terrorist attacks from poor immigration policies.

Reactions: Strack_Cane
Nobody is saying that and you’re now talking in circles.

Here’s why I am glad citizens are armed. A perfect example of how this good for law enforcement:
http://archive.bluelivesmatter.blue/deputy-dean-bardes/

Dean passed away a few months ago but he was in my first academy classes I ever taught.
I am not talking in circles. I am pretty clear in what i am saying. These are not very good excuses if you ask me....and frankly i am glad these kids are determined to be heard. They are the parents on this issue. We don't need assault weapons....and even in your example here you link an assault riffle was not used so what was the point of posting it?

And those guns are gaurunteed to all be illegally obtained too. My former neighbor is an FBI agent in Gary. I know this line well and no common sense gun law is going to change that. No repealing of 2A is going to change that. Hence why disarming law abiding citizens only makes more victims. Pointless and dumb.

Like i said earlier, I don't believe in repealing 2A. I believe in common sense gun laws and removing automatic/semi-automatic weapons from the general public.

Very well aware of those stats. If you take away Chicago, NYC, New Orleans and LA we drop to almost dead last. What do those four cities have in common? They have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country all by the way are ran by liberal progressive democrats.

You want to talk about policy failures... that’s a microcosm of it not working.

Yeah but you can't selectively cherry pick which areas you'd like to omit so that the numbers look favorable. We are no longer a rural country - we are one of large cities and their suburbs.

I am not talking in circles. I am pretty clear in what i am saying. These are not very good excuses if you ask me....and frankly i am glad these kids are determined to be heard. They are the parents on this issue. We don't need assault weapons....and even in your example here you link an assault riffle was not used so what was the point of posting it?
The point of the entire thread CD wasn’t the elimination of assault rifles but repealing of 2A. It’s in the header dude!

CD they all have enforceable laws which have a punishment some heavier than others but you’re clearly choosing to ignore th facts here.
They all who? No they all do not have enforceable laws because if they did we wouldn't have so many people with such easy access to assault riffles and going on to mass murder people.

The point of the entire thread CD wasn’t the elimination of assault rifles but repealing of 2A. It’s in the header dude!
You asked a question. I read your thread. I said we are not to get rid of the 2A. So, if you are discussing this with me, you should have seen what i responded with. I said to improve it....i didn't say you get rid of it.

Won’t matter where they get them, the root is from criminals crime comes forth. The point is criminal go out and steals these weapons 99% of the time. Also I have yet to see actual proof of that claim weapons are being imported in to Chicago from Indiana. Now Gary, In is a sh#thole... oops I mean not nice place but still.
I am with with you and fully understand the issues with a possible tyrannical government. Are you opposed to raising the age limit to 21 although I have concerns as it relates to military and police officials? However, I think I could justify not allowing either until age 21. What about Obama's mental illness law Trump rolled back baring mentally ill'ed people from getting guns? It s/b reinstated? What about no guns for folks on the No Fly list? It s/b a law.
the US leads the world in reported rape cases as well. Let’s face it, we have a more violent culture than in some other counties. If we were in Canada we would be on a soccer board, not a football board. This is a football board, right?

Violent, realistic video games seem to fly under the radar. The music and motion picture industry as well.

I agree with you on the mental health side. I don’t agree on the no fly criteria however. There are too many ways that a non violent person can be placed on that list.

Why? Because i don't agree with you? In fact the truth is most people share my position in this case. Look at the polls. I'm not a mess at all.
No because you constantly state your opinion as fact and mumble a bunch of jibberish that means nothing and then claim everyone agrees with you. Lmao that’s why your a mess. You do it all the time and to the point it almost not worth responding to your nonsense. Honestly people loosely use the term no-it-all but you truly are lol.

Using this theory there would be no such thing as a law. What would be the point of having one right? Laws are a deterrent. They aren't going to stop any crime. Guns aren't an exception. People still rob banks and people still steal and people still break the law.....yet we have them. Simply because more people would do it if we didn't. It's no different here. People find ways to break all kinds of laws and they may or may not get caught but we have to have a rule of law and order.

We can't make excuses just to have a gun. They are just like everything else. I imagine you could say the same about any law is the point. I'm sure most of us may have driven after having too much to drink and got away with it many times. How many times did you decide not to becuase you know it is against the law. Many here i am sure have gotten a DUI and next time didn't try it at all.

I am not saying laws do not work. They only work for people that follow the law.

I am saying that as long as people want to do harm to others they will.

It is already illegal to kill yet people still do it.

I am all for doing something, but if people want to do harm no gun law is going to change what they do.

It might stop some people from getting certain guns, but people that truly want them will find a way to get them. That has been proven over time.

All I see here is a list of excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse and that's what all these kids see. Excuses after excuses.

We aren't talking about all the other world problems and/or all the other countries problems.

the US leads the world in reported rape cases as well. Let’s face it, we have a more violent culture than in some other counties. If we were in Canada we would be on a soccer board, not a football board. This is a football board, right?

Violent, realistic video games seem to fly under the radar. The music and motion picture industry as well.

I agree with you on the mental health side. I don’t agree on the no fly criteria however. There are too many ways that a non violent person can be placed on that list.
Very valid point. Plus who wants to go out and do a drive by when it’s like -20 out. And you risk the chance of being attacked by a moose or something.

Reactions: dolcane
All I see here is a list of excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse and that's what all these kids see. Excuses after excuses.

We aren't talking about all the other world problems and/or all the other countries problems.
Nope you’re right we are talking about our ability to protect ourselves from drug dealers, gang bangers, crazy assholes with assault rifles. As long as they have them so should we.

My guess, we will carry the 18 - 25 age group come November. I can’t wait to find out. It should be interesting.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
No...not really.

Amendments? Let's look closely what the word means. To amend something.

It's like anything....we want improvements. They added saftey to automobiles and now there are great improvements to the fatality rates. It's called progress. They were bearing arms with bayonets. Why do we have Assault riffles? Progress. Improvements. Improvements are necessary as a way of life.

Thanks for the English lesson. I have been enlightened.

By the way, you are as condescending of a human being as I have ever seen or heard use the English Language.

I think you skipped the letter H in your studies though...H is for Humility.

I am not saying laws do not work. They only work for people that follow the law.

I am saying that as long as people want to do harm to others they will.

It is already illegal to kill yet people still do it.

I am all for doing something, but if people want to do harm no gun law is going to change what they do.

It might stop some people from getting certain guns, but people that truly want them will find a way to get them. That has been proven over time.

Wait huh? So we should not have laws for people that don't follow the law? What you are saying is not true. The reason people follow the law is because they understand the consequences of not breaking the law. That's how it works. You have people that do not understand and/or care about the law. That's with every law. So, are we supposed to not have laws for these people?

Here is the other thing. You say no gun law is going to change what people do? I say again, what's the difference between a gun law or any other law. You have people that would do it much more if the law didn't exist. Which is the point of the law to begin with. Your logic that states do not have gun laws since people are going to get them anyway doesn't stand to reason. The point isn't to stop every person from getting a gun. Like I said it is to deter people from risking going to jail. Many people will not risk that just to own a gun or use a gun. That's proven with every other law. Many people aren't willing to risk it.

These to me are just excuses to do nothing and that isn't solving anything.

Nope you’re right we are talking about our ability to protect ourselves from drug dealers, gang bangers, crazy assholes with assault rifles. As long as they have them so should we.
Nope....I don't need an assault rifle to protect myself. I don't know where you live but I haven't seen any drug dealers with assault rifles where I live. I don't see any gang bangers where I live and I am not afraid....and common sense would tell me to protect my family by moving. Not taking on people with an assault riffle. I don't live my life in fear of anything. I don't think having a military assault rifle protects me from anything. In fact in endangers my family and innocent people around me.

And yet we have a law in place with the harshest of all penalties and yet it hasn’t worked. That law of course is murder and so given the law has not worked, with the criminals still killing our citizens, you suggest we take the law abiding citizens weapons (protection) away? Can you explain how that makes any sense?

Wait huh? So we should not have laws for people that don't follow the law? What you are saying is not true. The reason people follow the law is because they understand the consequences of not breaking the law. That's how it works. You have people that do not understand and/or care about the law. That's with every law. So, are we supposed to not have laws for these people?

Here is the other thing. You say no gun law is going to change what people do? I say again, what's the difference between a gun law or any other law. You have people that would do it much more if the law didn't exist. Which is the point of the law to begin with. Your logic that states do not have gun laws since people are going to get them anyway doesn't stand to reason. The point isn't to stop every person from getting a gun. Like I said it is to deter people from risking going to jail. Many people will not risk that just to own a gun or use a gun. That's proven with every other law. Many people aren't willing to risk it.

These to me are just excuses to do nothing and that isn't solving anything.

Reactions: redsoxb
Nope....I don't need an assault rifle to protect myself. I don't know where you live but I haven't seen any drug dealers with assault rifles where I live. I don't see any gang bangers where I live and I am not afraid....and common sense would tell me to protect my family by moving. Not taking on people with an assault riffle. I don't live my life in fear of anything. I don't think having a military assault rifle protects me from anything. In fact in endangers my family and innocent people around me.

“ I would move” lmao. You scared of assault rifles? Move out of America!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT