ADVERTISEMENT

Board libs do you support repeal of 2A?

Are babies not innocent?

Like I said earlier, I am personally pro-life, but I believe in pro-choice.

If you believe life begins at conception then you can't say life ends when a jury finds you guilty. Taking a life is taking a life.

“ I would move” lmao. You scared of assault rifles? Move out of America!
Nope...I have every right to be here. It's my home. I am not moving out of America. I am not scared of assault rifles or any fool that wants to carry one. I am man enough to stand up to them in fact and not cower behind some antiquated amendment drawn up when we had muskets and bayonets.

I am with with you and fully understand the issues with a possible tyrannical government. Are you opposed to raising the age limit to 21 although I have concerns as it relates to military and police officials? However, I think I could justify not allowing either until age 21. What about Obama's mental illness law Trump rolled back baring mentally ill'ed people from getting guns? It s/b reinstated? What about no guns for folks on the No Fly list? It s/b a law.
If a kid can carry a weapon to protect our country he/she should be able to own one. Plus these school shootings are primarily done by school age kids under 18. There isn't a statistical basis to target 18-21 yr olds.

No fly....perhaps, I don't know enough about who is on that list, why people are put on that list and if it can be appealed.

Mental illness....most difficult. What is mental illness. Who decides what constitutes mental illness? For instance, adult has a child pass away tragically. They are depressed and see a psychologist. They take an anti depressant for a year. Are they mentally ill? You can see where the line is the key and it always goes back to how the line is set and who sets it.

Reactions: dorsey2005
Why take the life of an unborn child? Even in rape, out the child up for adoption. There are tons of parents who can’t have children who’d give that child a loving home.

I am pro life, whereas my wife is very pro choice. However we both agree on these scenarios. I think this is where we should give the woman the right to choose. They clearly have experienced a traumatic event and were impregnated against their will. I believe it should be the woman’s decision in this scenario. It’s just one of those things where as men, we really can’t put ourselves in that state of mind, and an overwhelming majority of women feel they should be able to choose in that situation. I definitely see where you’re coming from though.

Have you checked out Ausrtalia's results since banning assault weapons?

Hers's an excerpt from the article.

In the decades before the Port Arthur killings, there were 13 mass shootings in Australia (defined by academics as the killing of five or more people, not including the shooter).

Since the 1996 gun reform, Australia has not had another mass shooting.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3784603/australia-gun-control-ban/

Can we at least look at their system? Not saying it will work here but lets try something different.
At risk of bringing a different major issue into the equation, you need to look at the culture of Australia to understand the whole picture.

They have some of the strictest immigration laws in the world. They are an island surrounded by shark infested waters and dangerous coral reefs. They send their criminals out and don't allow anyone but the most elite to immigrate in. Their overall crime numbers are much lower as well.

Culture is as much to blame for gun violence as anything. To compare the US to any of these other countries isn't a level comparison. Japan for instance has a totally different culture and their gun crime rates differ drastically because of it (in part).

Taking a life is taking a life. That is the difference in my mind. And let's not forget some people sentenced to death are innocent.

This is why I’m against the death penalty. Every year science uncovers new ways to prove or disprove someone’s guilt/innocence. Unless it’s just an absolute slam dunk of a verdict (Dylan Roof), then life in prison will just have to do.

This is why I’m against the death penalty. Every year science uncovers new ways to prove or disprove someone’s guilt/innocence. Unless it’s just an absolute slam dunk of a verdict (Dylan Roof), then life in prison will just have to do.
I am also against capital punishment over all with very few extreme exceptions. Way too many people are in jail but innocent. I don't like the politics of pressure to find people guilty of crimes.

Assault rifles is a made up term. There is no definition. It morphs into semi automatic weapons which would cover the vast majority of guns owned in the US.

The AR15 is the initial target of the anti gun lobby. The reason for this is simple. It looks scary. It looks like the gun that came in the package with the GI Joe figure we got when we're children. Like I said before, I'm not a gun guy, but I imagine that if that maniac in Florida had 2 nine millimeter hand guns and a couple spare clips he could just as easily killed those 17 people.

The second ammendment exists so that we can protect ourselves from our own government. Now can an AR15 put me on even footing with our wonderful US armed forces? Hell no, but if a large percentage of American Citizens are armed and willing to use those fire arms to stand up to tyranny it prevents the government from "bully" the citizenry. Knowing that people are armed and that they will have to kill a large portion of the population prevents a tyrannical government from getting out of line.

I am a "gun guy", and have many. I understand that you are not a "gun guy". However, based on this response if you ever want one I will be glad to give you one of mine.

I am a "gun guy", and have many. I understand that you are not a "gun guy". However, based on this response if you ever want one I will be glad to give you one of mine.
I'd take you up on that, but my wife would toss my ass out. She's just left of chuck Schumer.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
I'd take you up on that, but my wife would toss my ass out. She's just left of chuck Schumer.

Good God!! Lol!

Actually my wife, while not against guns, was terrified of them. I took her to the range a few times and now it has become empowering for her. She has shot each of my scary "assault rifles" (whatever that means), and even sighted one in. It really does change things when you get comfortable and understand them.

Reactions: e_cushing
Good God!! Lol!

Actually my wife, while not against guns, was terrified of them. I took her to the range a few times and now it has become empowering for her. She has shot each of my scary "assault rifles" (whatever that means), and even sighted one in. It really does change things when you get comfortable and understand them.
Unfortunately, not everyone qualifies to have them. That's just the way it is.

Good God!! Lol!

Makes total sense. You just need to be open minded enough to take the first step.

Makes total sense. You just need to be open minded enough to take the first step.

Exactly dude! And when I say terrified I mean she was beyond terrified. Now I would have no problem arming her with any of them should the need arise. ;)

Reactions: e_cushing
At risk of bringing a different major issue into the equation, you need to look at the culture of Australia to understand the whole picture.

They have some of the strictest immigration laws in the world. They are an island surrounded by shark infested waters and dangerous coral reefs. They send their criminals out and don't allow anyone but the most elite to immigrate in. Their overall crime numbers are much lower as well.

Culture is as much to blame for gun violence as anything. To compare the US to any of these other countries isn't a level comparison. Japan for instance has a totally different culture and their gun crime rates differ drastically because of it (in part).
I understand the violent past of this country but surely we can compromise to make us all safer. This country has seen a multitude of cultural changes and we survived all of them. Women's Suffrage is an example along with the civil rights movement. To use change as a reason not to do anything is a cop out.

If a kid can carry a weapon to protect our country he/she should be able to own one. Plus these school shootings are primarily done by school age kids under 18. There isn't a statistical basis to target 18-21 yr olds.

No fly....perhaps, I don't know enough about who is on that list, why people are put on that list and if it can be appealed.

Mental illness....most difficult. What is mental illness. Who decides what constitutes mental illness? For instance, adult has a child pass away tragically. They are depressed and see a psychologist. They take an anti depressant for a year. Are they mentally ill? You can see where the line is the key and it always goes back to how the line is set and who sets it.
I don't limit my concerns about guns to schools. I look over my shoulder when I go to a movie. So lets not focus only on school safety. It should be much broader and therefore more problematic. I don't need to bring up places like Vegas or Orlando to remind you of places other than schools and different types of mass murderers.

I'm in agreement with this. The 2nd amendment seemed to be doing just fine until the NRA became politicized in the late 70s. Before then they were more interested in gun safety issues. After, they became deeply political and tried to push an agenda where the individual right to bear arms was put on par with the militia clause.
Yeah it’s all the NRA’s fault, what a dipshit! Dems let society get out of control you clown ass

Nope...I have every right to be here. It's my home. I am not moving out of America. I am not scared of assault rifles or any fool that wants to carry one. I am man enough to stand up to them in fact and not cower behind some antiquated amendment drawn up when we had muskets and bayonets.
I’ll only commment on the obvious here “I am man enough to stand up to them” I’ll call bullshit for all the obvious reasons!! After CDwright the IT mercenary pisses himself let’s see how he does versus an AR-15 staring him in the face after he trampled an old lady and little kids to safety. I’ll remind you, CD is the poster who defended the cop in Parkland who hid out like a little bitch. CD said and I quote “that man has a family too” all while his job was to protect innocent HS children!! Yeah CD you are defiantly “man enough to stand up to” anything! If you are “man enough” to stand up to an AR-15 why do you ignore people here when they challenge you? CDclown!

Some interpret life at birth and not conception. That is the difference.

Do you have an adopted child? I do.

Most of the people I know in the adoption community are pro-choice people. I find it funny that so many "pro-lifers" would never dare adopt a child. Even my Opus Dei in-laws were against my wife and I adopting a child. For all the people that have debated that point with me, "well just put them up for adoption", I have yet to meet one person that has actually adopted a child when I pressed them on it.
Your argument for killing babies is that it is ok because people do not adopt?

A lot of people don't feel abortion is murder. It is interpretation. I personally am pro-life, but I do believe others should be allowed to make a choice. I have relatives that were raped, impregnated, and opted for an abortion. What right do I have to tell them what to do?
Who has a right to deny a living breathing child the right to His/Here destiny? Love how the excuses for not being a responsible parent always comes down to a very small percentage of impregnated women by rape. Bottom line Accountability starts with each of us . No excuses for killing living breathing babies. My question is what if your parents had killed you? What if a parent killed a one year old because they did not want to deal with responsibility? No difference.

Militias were state controlled groups who were made up by the common people to protect the people of the state from govt tyranny. The definition of militia has the same meaning as an avg citizen.

In United States v. Miller (1939), the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment did not protect weapon types not having a "reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia".
Why aren’t automatic weapons/assault rifles allowed for said militias? AR-15s and a few others are the gray area.

I understand the violent past of this country but surely we can compromise to make us all safer. This country has seen a multitude of cultural changes and we survived all of them. Women's Suffrage is an example along with the civil rights movement. To use change as a reason not to do anything is a cop out.

I don't limit my concerns about guns to schools. I look over my shoulder when I go to a movie. So lets not focus only on school safety. It should be much broader and therefore more problematic. I don't need to bring up places like Vegas or Orlando to remind you of places other than schools and different types of mass murderers.

Fair arguments. I still fall back on a few simple facts.

First, gun laws only impact law abiding citizens. The "bad guys" don't obey the laws. MS13 and other gang members/career criminals will still have their weapons. The only difference is that fewer people will be able to protect themselves.

Second, I don't trust our government/politicians. While the idea of creating a safer place for everyone is nice, I don't have faith in the abilities of those in power to create fair laws or enforce those laws fairly.

Third and perhaps most importantly I don't believe we have a gun problem here in the US. The overwhelming majority of gun deaths are either suicide (if someone wants to kill themselves they will find another way) or gang violence, where the perpetrators are using illegal weapons and would not be following any rule of law anyway.

Reactions: Raoul2 and dolcane
Why aren’t automatic weapons/assault rifles allowed for said militias? AR-15s and a few others are the gray area.
Its my understanding that some fully automatic weapons are legal, if manufactured prior to a certain date. And that is a great point in the debate. So a gun manufactured on one date is legal but a gun manufactured a week later is not? Once arbitrary legislation gets introduced there is no turning back.

Your argument for killing babies is that it is ok because people do not adopt?

You should make an effort to read what I say. Every single thing I have posted says that I am pro-life, but believe in pro-choice. Your definition of when life starts doesn't necessarily mesh with other people's. I have middle school students that can analyze an argument better than you can. I see you are still promoting a white supremacist as your avatar.

Reactions: Raoul2
Who has a right to deny a living breathing child the right to His/Here destiny? Love how the excuses for not being a responsible parent always comes down to a very small percentage of impregnated women by rape. Bottom line Accountability starts with each of us . No excuses for killing living breathing babies. My question is what if your parents had killed you? What if a parent killed a one year old because they did not want to deal with responsibility? No difference.

The difference is that there are many people that don't believe life starts till birth. I think Cash addressed the murder of a pregnant woman and how charges can also be brought up in regards to the unborn child. That is a difficult argument because murder is an isolated case. If a pregnant woman goes ice skating and falls, or goes running and falls resulting in the death of her fetus is she charged with involuntary manslaughter? No.

Please make the effort to actually read what I wrote. There is a terrible tendency of twisting people's opinions around to try and fit an argument you might be having in your own mind.

You should make an effort to read what I say. Every single thing I have posted says that I am pro-life, but believe in pro-choice. Your definition of when life starts doesn't necessarily mesh with other people's. I have middle school students that can analyze an argument better than you can. I see you are still promoting a white supremacist as your avatar.
Your a joke . You can not have it each way . Your the one that blame people that do not believe in abortion that it was their fault because they do not adopt. You need to read your post. My argument is why abortion should be against the law not you. Right now it is not against the law but I do not agree with it. As far as John Wayne goes on one article by playboy does not make him a white supremacist in my view. A white supremacist is David Duke and skin heads that call for the end of Blacks . A Black supremacist is Farrakhan and Maxine Waters and the black congressional caucus that supports him no room for that either. But you Bought racism int the abortion debate not me . Life is life if you got a body heartbeat you are alive my opinion and I will never back down debating life of the unborn.

Its my understanding that some fully automatic weapons are legal, if manufactured prior to a certain date. And that is a great point in the debate. So a gun manufactured on one date is legal but a gun manufactured a week later is not? Once arbitrary legislation gets introduced there is no turning back.
Drain the swamp!

The difference is that there are many people that don't believe life starts till birth. I think Cash addressed the murder of a pregnant woman and how charges can also be brought up in regards to the unborn child. That is a difficult argument because murder is an isolated case. If a pregnant woman goes ice skating and falls, or goes running and falls resulting in the death of her fetus is she charged with involuntary manslaughter? No.

Please make the effort to actually read what I wrote. There is a terrible tendency of twisting people's opinions around to try and fit an argument you might be having in your own mind.
Never did twisted your opinion. Never said anything about you being pro life. You were the one sticking up for people that abort living babies not me. You need to go back and read what you said. I challenge with strong arguments why I do not believe in abortions that apparently struck a nerve because from that you called me out that I was a racist because of John Wayne. Who is the one twisting people's opinion? I stand by what I say no twisting I believe that abortion is murder and it is a tool for people to use to escape being accountable for their actions. Do not care if you agree or not but I have a right to my opinion also. That is what is wrong with you left wingers all never can handle being challenged.

Good God!! Lol!

Lmao my wife is qualifying on the range with me this morning. We have two quals a year we have to pass to keep our jobs lol.

Reactions: bobbie jo
Your a joke . You can not have it each way . Your the one that blame people that do not believe in abortion that it was their fault because they do not adopt. You need to read your post. My argument is why abortion should be against the law not you. Right now it is not against the law but I do not agree with it. As far as John Wayne goes on one article by playboy does not make him a white supremacist in my view. A white supremacist is David Duke and skin heads that call for the end of Blacks . A Black supremacist is Farrakhan and Maxine Waters and the black congressional caucus that supports him no room for that either. But you Bought racism int the abortion debate not me . Life is life if you got a body heartbeat you are alive my opinion and I will never back down debating life of the unborn.

This was said in 1971by John Wayne

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility."

So you want to retract your statement now that comparing abortion to the death penalty is a weak argument because it seems like we both believe that a life is a life.

Last edited:
Never did twisted your opinion. Never said anything about you being pro life. You were the one sticking up for people that abort living babies not me. You need to go back and read what you said. I challenge with strong arguments why I do not believe in abortions that apparently struck a nerve because from that you called me out that I was a racist because of John Wayne. Who is the one twisting people's opinion? I stand by what I say no twisting I believe that abortion is murder and it is a tool for people to use to escape being accountable for their actions. Do not care if you agree or not but I have a right to my opinion also. That is what is wrong with you left wingers all never can handle being challenged.

Saying John Wayne believes in white supremacy is not calling you a racist. You seem a little touchy about the situation though.

I do not dispute that some people use abortion as a means of birth control. I do not believe it is right.

You are not challenging me in the least bit. You are the one panicking because my opinion differs from yours, and I offer an educated response.

But understanding that some people do not believe life begins at conception is an important part of the counter argument. And I believe people should be allowed to determine this fact.

Lets close it. The hell with the NRA!!!

Ok...let’s talk about death.

What about Planned Parenthood?

Talked to any of those dead babies.

I bet they would have something to say about violence. But, they sadly enough can not talk.

Their fingers and limbs and heads that are dead have to do all of the talking for them.

Reactions: bobbie jo
"White people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet."

What does a Farrakhan quote have anything to do with me? Why does the defense of a white supremacist always devolve into a "hey look, Farrakhan is a racist too" regardless of what the other person might believe. I know Farrakhan is a racist and a tool. That doesn't legitimize John Wayne being a white supremacist.

Lmao my wife is qualifying on the range with me this morning. We have two quals a year we have to pass to keep our jobs lol.
Saying John Wayne believes in white supremacy is not calling you a racist. You seem a little touchy about the situation though.

I do not dispute that some people use abortion as a means of birth control. I do not believe it is right.

You are not challenging me in the least bit. You are the one panicking because my opinion differs from yours, and I offer an educated response.

But understanding that some people do not believe life begins at conception is an important part of the counter argument. And I believe people should be allowed to determine this fact.
Fair responsible response. Totally disagreeing with life not beginning at conception.You are right about being touchy about racism. In today's world to many conservatives are labeled as racist very quickly. Hopefully your not saying my response is not educational one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT