ADVERTISEMENT

Caught The Who last night Hard Rock Live

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Very good show. Full orchestra. Pete Townsend can still rip a guitar. Exceeded my expectations.

Reactions: central17
Just an awesome group! Won't get Fooled Again, Baba O' Riley, Behind Blue Eyes, 515 so many more. It is insane that they are in their 7th decade of performing.

HJ If you like Pete Townsend you should check out
Pete Townsend Chucho Merchn Deep End live on you tube
Best performance by him I have seen with a truly amazing band

HJ If you like Pete Townsend you should check out
Pete Townsend Chucho Merchn Deep End live on you tube
Best performance by him I have seen with a truly amazing band
This Thursday I leave for 420 Sweetwater festival in Atlanta. All Jam bands. Don't know if you would know too many of the bands but trust me they are great live bands.

Remember the amazement of Who fans when Pete came out. I guess they never listened to “ Rough Boys “

Still enjoyable. I won't pay the bucks needed for Paul. Maybe I check Seatgeek the day of the show.
Hard Rock has ruined the concert scene for big shows down here. Small venue has driven up the prices and I will not pay them. Not saying it's not a good venue just too small 7000. Concert prices in general have gotten out of control. If you check other places like Tampa etc the same groups play in the bigger venues and the prices for good seats are much more affordable.

Hard Rock has ruined the concert scene for big shows down here. Small venue has driven up the prices and I will not pay them. Not saying it's not a good venue just too small 7000. Concert prices in general have gotten out of control. If you check other places like Tampa etc the same groups play in the bigger venues and the prices for good seats are much more affordable.
I have to disagree. Every major city has a venue like Hard Rock. I do more shows than most including music festivals. In fact I leave Thursday for 420 Sweetwater Festival in Atlanta.
The prices are strictly supply and demand. For The Who I paid $120 for decent seats ( not great, not bad) had I waited until morning of show I could have paid a bit less for a bit better seat.
Live music is everything now. The days of cutting an album are nearly gone. The Hard rock venue is beautiful and larger than the first one in the old hotel. I also see shows at The Filmore and Northbeach Bandshell in Miami Beach. I view it as my entertainment and when I view my cost annually I am good with it as it makes me happy.
I say NO to plenty of shows and over pay for plenty as well.

I have to disagree. Every major city has a venue like Hard Rock. I do more shows than most including music festivals. In fact I leave Thursday for 420 Sweetwater Festival in Atlanta.
The prices are strictly supply and demand. For The Who I paid $120 for decent seats ( not great, not bad) had I waited until morning of show I could have paid a bit less for a bit better seat.
Live music is everything now. The days of cutting an album are nearly gone. The Hard rock venue is beautiful and larger than the first one in the old hotel. I also see shows at The Filmore and Northbeach Bandshell in Miami Beach. I view it as my entertainment and when I view my cost annually I am good with it as it makes me happy.
I have seen the last 3 Who concerts, Elton John, Billy Joel, Phil Collins Green Day. Seeing the Doobies in July. All got good seats for a good price. The problem with Hard Rock is that for big shows the presales start at 10am and usually sell out immediately and then then the people jack up the resales. Rather have the bigger venues gives everyone a fair chance for decent seats.

Give you another example. I saw Billy Joel a few years back on New Years Eve at Sunrise. Really good tickets at a reasonable price. Billy Joel just played at Hard Rock. tickets were gone in two seconds and were $1000 for the same tickets I got at Sunrise and it was on New Years Eve. You can get better tickets at Madison Square Garden than down here. Just saying Hard Rock makes it very unfair for the regular Joe to see these acts.

Don't bother answering because there is nothing you can say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT