ADVERTISEMENT

Critical Race Theory

We can all look back on American history and unless you were white Protestant there was a period in which you were discriminated against.

Using your charts above one could make the same arguments about wealth and median incomes for whites and Asians. The median household income for Asians in 2019 was 98k, and for whites 76k. Does that mean whites were discriminated against-? No, only 6% of Asians don’t have a HS degree, and as a group they have nearly double the percentage of bachelors degrees as the population as a whole. They made their opportunities. They as a group have a strong belief in the family unit, and recognize the benefit of education.
Except for the Irish, which are both, protestant and catholic

Reactions: grbcane
How about education? Like finishing HS, which is completely paid for; 23% of AA don’t have a HS education. That group has no HS degree, no skill set and little chance of advancing beyond minimum wage. That’s self inflicted, and that’s the primary driver of the discrepancy in income and wealth.
It‘s about taking responsibility for one’s self, if your not even willing to finish HS you have no one to blame except the guy in the mirror.
Yet, no focus on real education by this Admin and fixing one “root cause” of the issue.

WHAT, 80 years ago many of their families were in internment camps! Who built the railroads west? You my friend have a selective view of history that fits your narrative.

Japanese Americans are a relatively small group compared with Chinese, Indians, and Koreans, so I wouldn't rush to the same old predictable excuses regarding internment camps, which were brief and didn't leave the intergenerational scars as centuries of slavery and Jim Crow did on black Americans. Also, a lot of Asians came here well after the 1800s, so the "they built the railroad" argument (whatever that is supposed to mean) doesn't really hold much water either. Back on topic - just look at the social science data - all the facts are there before you.

Spot on. Right wingers are being spoon-feed a narrative that it teaches hate, when in fact it simply recognizes that hate was widely practiced for decades and centuries past.

We are very fortunate to have folks like Secretary Austin, Gen Milley - and Gen. Charles Brown, the U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff, speaking out about race and being on the right side of history.

Yes been taught for decades by the rev

Japanese Americans are a relatively small group compared with Chinese, Indians, and Koreans, so I wouldn't rush to the same old predictable excuses regarding internment camps, which were brief and didn't leave the intergenerational scars as centuries of slavery and Jim Crow did on black Americans. Also, a lot of Asians came here well after the 1800s, so the "they built the railroad" argument (whatever that is supposed to mean) doesn't really hold much water either. Back on topic - just look at the social science data - all the facts are there before you.
Woe is me. The point is Japanese were interred and discriminated against for years following WWII. Chinese Americans built the Transcontinental RR working for half the going wage, their reward was the Chinese exclusion act barring immigration and citizenship. Both groups however are now some of the most educated and highest earning in the US. They recognized how you get up off the bottom rung of the ladder; education, which goes back to my original retort to income and wealth discrepancies. Again you can add self responsibility.

Woe is me. The point is Japanese were interred and discriminated against for years following WWII. Chinese Americans built the Transcontinental RR working for half the going wage, their reward was the Chinese exclusion act barring immigration and citizenship. Both groups however are now some of the most educated and highest earning in the US. They recognized how you get up off the bottom rung of the ladder; education, which goes back to my original retort to income and wealth discrepancies. Again you can add self responsibility.

Right, and neither came from hundreds of years of institutional racism. Also, the idea that blacks are culturally lazy and could simply do the same as the Chinese or Japanese, both who come from entirely different experiences, is probably incredibly offensive to those who are already working their butts off.

No comparison to gays in the military. CRT will likely get watered down in the military in that forces within the military have indicated that it undermines the goals of the military. It is being discussed now and being rejected.
Children need to be children and not be burdened with hateful rhetoric. It's destructive and as such will likely die at many school board meetings.
These are Facts........

Reactions: krvanness
Right, and neither came from hundreds of years of institutional racism. Also, the idea that blacks are culturally lazy and could simply do the same as the Chinese or Japanese, both who come from entirely different experiences, is probably incredibly offensive to those who are already working their butts off.
It starts with finishing HS, and I do think everyone outside of those with a learning disability can finish HS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT