ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis - doing great things for Florida dads and their children

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
Republican Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law one of his prime objectives. This bill provides support for "at risk" fathers in the State of Florida. It provides training and money. Much of this is aimed at young fathers that have been incarcerated. Statistically 95% of young men without a strong father (that means MALE) figure end up with legal problems. DeSantis worked closely with ex Bucs Coach Tony Dungy on this program. Dungy will be heavily involved in its implementation. You won't hear anything about this from the liberal media. I am interested to see if any on this board can find fault with this bill? I would think those that don't like DeSantis will have to at least give him a nod on this one.

https://www.winknews.com/2022/04/12/new-florida-law-promotes-fatherhood-help-for-fatherless-kids/

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law one of his prime objectives. This bill provides support for "at risk" fathers in the State of Florida. It provides training and money. Much of this is aimed at young fathers that have been incarcerated. Statistically 95% of young men without a strong father (that means MALE) figure end up with legal problems. DeSantis worked closely with ex Bucs Coach Tony Dungy on this program. Dungy will be heavily involved in its implementation. You won't hear anything about this from the liberal media. I am interested to see if any on this board can find fault with this bill? I would think those that don't like DeSantis will have to at least give him a nod on this one.

https://www.winknews.com/2022/04/12/new-florida-law-promotes-fatherhood-help-for-fatherless-kids/
DeSantis scares the hell out of the libs...

Reactions: HJCane
Just sat for hours with a group of 12 prominent black guys and girls. All scared to death that liberalism is an attack on their youth which at it’s core values is religion. As far as they’re concerned disanti is the best governor in the country for being courageous enough to say what he’s seeing isn’t right when that’s not “mainstream”. That there’s a huge contingent of people in the black community that feel they’re being told to by democrats to shut up and abide which is the epitome of racist not to mention sacrilegious. 103 million in dissantis war chest one said as more chimed in saying it’s about to tripple. I never thought anything of the devos family who’s still very connected to dissanti but two of my closest friends that were there met with her fri night and are meeting with her again and there’s a push to work with the republican party in the black community to get back to the gospel. Black people at their core love god and an attack on god is an attack on black people. Late term abortion, telling parents their kids have to share bathrooms with the opposite sex, sodomy/same sex sodomy is something to be proud of, little kids having sex, etc. it’s an attack on religion and sanctity. Black people aren’t having that, not in Florida anyway.

florida is by far and away imo the coolest state in the world. No where else can you get so many different people from all walks of life have so much in common. I know I’m bias because I’m native Floridian but I just feel like our state exemplifies what our country is all about. At the end of the day, God still rules the state of florida and not politics. Even when we don’t all agree and there’s turmoil in the rest of the country, you don’t see riots and looting break out any more here. People in this state actually give a shit about their communities and we’re fortunate enough to have law and order to help keep it that way.

shameless plug because he’s my friend (he was there tonight) but if you want to hear more on this check out thedonmillershow.com. No matter what side you’re on he’ll probably piss you off but he’s entertaining.

Hurricane Side note to my buddy don, he was an nba agent for years (nick anderson, dennis rodman, jason williams etc) he was told he had to take on ryan moore as his client. That it was a can’t miss. Needless to say it was a miss. Guys got stories but sure enough he said Ryan actually has his shit together now. Good for him. That being said, he said, moore was his one and only football client that he ever took on and could never be talked into taking another.

Last edited:

I did hear something about Dungy on MSM they called him a racist.

Just sat for hours with a group of 12 prominent black guys and girls. All scared to death that liberalism is an attack on their youth which at it’s core values is religion. As far as they’re concerned disanti is the best governor in the country for being courageous enough to say what he’s seeing isn’t right when that’s not “mainstream”. That there’s a huge contingent of people in the black community that feel they’re being told to by democrats to shut up and abide which is the epitome of racist not to mention sacrilegious. 103 million in dissantis war chest one said as more chimed in saying it’s about to tripple. I never thought anything of the devos family who’s still very connected to dissanti but two of my closest friends that were there met with her fri night and are meeting with her again and there’s a push to work with the republican party in the black community to get back to the gospel. Black people at their core love god and an attack on god is an attack on black people. Late term abortion, telling parents their kids have to share bathrooms with the opposite sex, sodomy/same sex sodomy is something to be proud of, little kids having sex, etc. it’s an attack on religion and sanctity. Black people aren’t having that, not in Florida anyway.

florida is by far and away imo the coolest state in the world. No where else can you get so many different people from all walks of life have so much in common. I know I’m bias because I’m native Floridian but I just feel like our state exemplifies what our country is all about. At the end of the day, God still rules the state of florida and not politics. Even when we don’t all agree and there’s turmoil in the rest of the country, you don’t see riots and looting break out any more here. People in this state actually give a shit about their communities and we’re fortunate enough to have law and order to help keep it that way.

shameless plug because he’s my friend (he was there tonight) but if you want to hear more on this check out thedonmillershow.com. No matter what side you’re on he’ll probably piss you off but he’s entertaining.

Hurricane Side note to my buddy don, he was an nba agent for years (nick anderson, dennis rodman, jason williams etc) he was told he had to take on ryan moore as his client. That it was a can’t miss. Needless to say it was a miss. Guys got stories but sure enough he said Ryan actually has his shit together now. Good for him. That being said, he said, moore was his one and only football client that he ever took on and could never be talked into taking another.
Always wondered why this aspect of the Black family isn't talked about more. It is true that at the very core of Black Americans is the Church. It simply doesn't jive with this left wing direction.

Reactions: krvanness
The liberal government policies contributed to the nuclear family destruction in the African American community . It rewarded the absence of a father through a absurd welfare system
It then became common for dads to be absent via the “ baby mama “ mentality. Being a baby mama or baby daddy is destructive of the family and social structure

On top of that the African American community is being subject to a massive quasi genocide. How else would one describe the percentage disparity on abortion by race. The democrats support this genocidal action . The blacks are democrat. Can’t make this shyt up
Democrats , through the unions, oppose any type of school choice , thwarting any scholastic advances in Black communities.
Blacks vote Democrat , sealing their own fate
It’s crazy

BTW, this DeSantis/Dungy initiative helps all races. What I find interesting is that DeSantis wants to support traditional fatherhood. Biden supports chopping off young boys peepee's.
I believe America is better served by the DeSantis/Dungy plan for young men.

This is a great piece of legislation by DeSantis, and much needed in the black community. For so long lower income black families have been broken up by a social system that didn't allow the presence of the dad in the residence, in order for the family to receive benefits. Great to see some movement to address this social ill in the black community specifically.

This is a great piece of legislation by DeSantis, and much needed in the black community. For so long lower income black families have been broken up by a social system that didn't allow the presence of the dad in the residence, in order for the family to receive benefits. Great to see some movement to address this social ill in the black community specifically.
Agree, and the value transcends all races and political sides. What I found impressive was that Tony Dungy is going to be involved in the implementation. That gives hope that this will be a truly successful program, not a political bumper sticker. IMO, this is the kind of common sense solution that both parties should spend far more time on. Interesting that the "Don't say Gay" rhetoric sucked all the oxygen out of the room and a middle ground solution gets virtually no media attention.

I did hear something about Dungy on MSM they called him a racist.
Man do you ever give your racist and political rhetoric a rest?? There's a whole world going on out there, you should check it out. Everything's not about Politics, Left and Right, Black and White.

I'd like to read one post from you that's got nothing to do with the above.....It would be refreshing.

Reactions: zackbear
The liberal government policies contributed to the nuclear family destruction in the African American community . It rewarded the absence of a father through a absurd welfare system
It then became common for dads to be absent via the “ baby mama “ mentality. Being a baby mama or baby daddy is destructive of the family and social structure

On top of that the African American community is being subject to a massive quasi genocide. How else would one describe the percentage disparity on abortion by race. The democrats support this genocidal action . The blacks are democrat. Can’t make this shyt up
Democrats , through the unions, oppose any type of school choice , thwarting any scholastic advances in Black communities.
Blacks vote Democrat , sealing their own fate
It’s crazy
It's sad but I do see a slow shift towards an understanding that these policies are failures. Too slow to my mind.

Man do you ever give your racist and political rhetoric a rest?? There's a whole world going on out there, you should check it out. Everything's not about Politics, Left and Right, Black and White.

I'd like to read one post from you that's got nothing to do with the above.....It would be refreshing.
I rarely write about racism . You got the wrong dude. I write FACTS as I read or see them.

Read yourself. I like Tony Dungy he' seems like a great man, humble man, spiritual man, and claboo he cares about Black youth and families.
Instead of asking why they have criticized him you come at me with your usual BS> You and swaggah I think it's one person always attacking....

A Bill to provide up to 70 million dollars to charities Tony has identified that provide assistance to Fathers in spending more quality time with their children.

AND YOU ATTACK ME?????

Reactions: lionsvision333
This I just read so I retract my statements above about the Bill itself.
I do not retract the portion about the Liberals attacking Tony Dungy for working on this important legislation with Desantis and I have cited 2 articles but I could have posted much more.
And that claboo is the problem..................

This I just read so I retract my statements above about the Bill itself.
I do not retract the portion about the Liberals attacking Tony Dungy for working on this important legislation with Desantis and I have cited 2 articles but I could have posted much more.
And that claboo is the problem..................
Not attacking you bro just suggesting more universal conversation from you.....it would be refreshing. You seem like a smart guy, I'm sure there's more going on in your head besides Politics, Rep.s and Dems, racism, blacks and whites, the Holocaust.

Not attacking you bro just suggesting more universal conversation from you.....it would be refreshing. You seem like a smart guy, I'm sure there's more going on in your head besides Politics, Rep.s and Dems, racism, blacks and whites, the Holocaust.
The Holocaust was the worst abuse of the human race of the 20 th century. It wasn't just Jews that lost their lives to the Nazi's but political adversaries, gypsies, homosexuals, many others. Your talking about infants thrown into the air and used as target practice, your talking about lampshades made from skin, your talking about soap made from human fat, your talking about experiments done on twins, your also speaking of gas chambers for mass killings and ovens to throw people dead and alive into. Frankly, you can never say enough about the Holocaust. 6 million Jews alone forgetting the millions of Poles and Russians and others that died in Concentration camps. To bad if this offends you however there is nothing of this magnitude of horror that can ever compare to.

Thank you bro. I just consider it current events.
Happy Easter to you and your family.

The lack of a strong positive father figure in any family of any race is devastating. So many studies have shown this to be true. Too numerous to cite. Even kids from a broken family (divorce) suffer.
Just look at optimist sports and college sports. The young men who have an involved father in thei lives are generally much more grounded.
A young boy with no dad feels a sense of responsibility to fill those shoes taking care of mom, younger siblings etc....a harsh burden.
I know, my dad walked out on us when I was 11. He picked us up on Sundays from 10:00 - 5:00 still stings and I'm 60.

The Holocaust was the worst abuse of the human race of the 20 th century. It wasn't just Jews that lost their lives to the Nazi's but political adversaries, gypsies, homosexuals, many others. Your talking about infants thrown into the air and used as target practice, your talking about lampshades made from skin, your talking about soap made from human fat, your talking about experiments done on twins, your also speaking of gas chambers for mass killings and ovens to throw people dead and alive into. Frankly, you can never say enough about the Holocaust. 6 million Jews alone forgetting the millions of Poles and Russians and others that died in Concentration camps. To bad if this offends you however there is nothing of this magnitude of horror that can ever compare to.
Not sure why you felt the need to "attempt" to educate me on the importance of the Holocaust, as if I devalued it in my last post......but whatever. Now let me educate you on a few facts you may not be aware of. Slavery in THIS COUNTRY, not in Europe, was just as horrific as the Holocaust my friend. The only difference is Blacks were the victims of these atrocities, at the hands of AMERICAN WHITES.

Murders, Rapes, Lynchings, Castrations, Horse Whippings, Brandings, were just a few of the horrific acts committed in THIS COIUNTRY. And another bit of history for you....do you know where the term GATOR BAIT originated?? No....not in Gainsville at UF, it originated during slavery when WHITES took black babies from their moms and used them as bait to attract alligators so they could be killed and their skins used for various purposes.

Of course many of the babies never made it back to their enslaved mom, but oh well, it wasn't the Holocaust over in Europe and Jewish babies right.
So the next time you decide to hijack my post, make sure you know ALL of the historical facts about what happened here in the good ole US of A

Last edited:
claboo is not disrespecting the holocaust he has just had it with incessant division. Can't hardly say I blame him but I can not stop. Not until we have an administration that gets this country moving forward again. I personally have no problem calling out idiots on the right either.

Not sure why you felt the need to "attempt" to educate me on the importance of the Holocaust, as if I devalued it in my last post......but whatever. Now let me educate you on a few facts you may not be aware of. Slavery in THIS COUNTRY, not in Europe, was just as horrific as the Holocaust my friend. The only difference is Blacks were the victims of these atrocities, at the hands of AMERICAN WHITES.
Murders, Rapes, Lynchings, Castrations, Horse Whippings, Brandings, were just a few of the horrific acts committed in THIS COIUNTRY. And another bit of history for you....do you know where the term GATOR BAIT originated?? No....not in Gainsville at UF, it originated during slavery when WHITES took black babies from their moms and used them as bait to attract alligators so they could be killed and their skins used for various purposes. Of course many of the babies never made it back to their enslaved mom, but oh well, it wasn't the Holocaust over in Europe and Jewish babies right.
So the next time you decide to hijack my post, make sure you know ALL of the historical facts about what happened here in the good ole US of A
claboo don't do it bro it ain't necessary. Contrasting atrocities is pointless. No need to go there bro.
My 2 cents......................It's like asking whats worse murder or being killed.

Murders, Rapes, Lynchings, Castrations, Horse Whippings, Brandings, were just a few of the horrific acts committed in THIS COIUNTRY. And another bit of history for you....do you know where the term GATOR BAIT originated?? No....not in Gainsville at UF, it originated during slavery when WHITES took black babies from their moms and used them as bait to attract alligators so they could be killed and their skins used for various purposes.

Of course many of the babies never made it back to their enslaved mom, but oh well, it wasn't the Holocaust over in Europe and Jewish babies right.
Too bad you went there. Atrocities are all bad. You decided to point out atrocities against Blacks indicate , by pointing out specifically Jews, your anti- semitic attitude. It's all good dude, people see you for what you are. Your just acting like another Black victim that doesn't see or past their limited knowledge of history. Since there is likely no actual numbers of Blacks that died enslaved due their white owners and versus the millions upon millions of people, of all backgrounds that died during the Holocaust, we won't know the comparative impact. I will say your incentive anti semetic remarks are indicative of many Blacks of which you unfortunately fall into.

claboo don't do it bro it ain't necessary. Contrasting atrocities is pointless. No need to go there bro.
My 2 cents......................It's like asking whats worse murder or being killed.
Ordinarily I would not, however when someone chooses to minimize one atrocity in favor of shining a bright light on his own, there's a need to educate. Slavery and the Holocaust were both horrific events and periods in time, and one was right here in America.....But don't act as if it wasn't significant because the victims didn't look like you.

Too bad you went there. Atrocities are all bad. You decided to point out atrocities against Blacks indicate , by pointing out specifically Jews, your anti- semitic attitude. It's all good dude, people see you for what you are. Your just acting like another Black victim that doesn't see or past their limited knowledge of history. Since there is likely no actual numbers of Blacks that died enslaved due their white owners and versus the millions upon millions of people, of all backgrounds that died during the Holocaust, we won't know the comparative impact. I will say your incentive anti semetic remarks are indicative of many Blacks of which you unfortunately fall into.
What!! What the hell are you talking about. "Anti Semitic" attitude?? I have no clue of what it is you're referring to, but I will assume it's a smoke screen because you realize you stepped in some shyt and have to find a way out.

Are you drunk or on drugs or something?? I responded to your (out of nowhere) pointing out atrocities against Jews, and talking as if the Holocaust covers all horrific acts this world has seen.....and as if I was even addressing you in the first place.

Are you drunk or on drugs or something?? I responded to your (out of nowhere) pointing out atrocities against Jews, and talking as if the Holocaust covers all horrific acts this world has seen.....and as if I was even addressing you in the first place.
You made a condescending comment about the Holocaust and Jewish babies, thinking that is all I cared about. This conversation did take in on my part Poles and Russians , Political prisoners, Gypsies not just Jewish babies.
Try some hooked on phonics and comprehension 101, it will work for you.

You made a condescending comment about the Holocaust and Jewish babies, thinking that is all I cared about. This conversation did take in on my part Poles and Russians , Political prisoners, Gypsies not just Jewish babies.
Try some hooked on phonics and comprehension 101, it will work for you.
Ok, you are drunk.....can't argue with you bro, it's an exercise in futility. Later

Ok, you are drunk.....can't argue with you bro, it's an exercise in futility. Later
You keep bringing up alcohol or previously drugs that you claim I use. You are probably a good person . Some of us are good people and some of us are just smart. I am willing to say you are probably a good person..LOL

Too bad you went there. Atrocities are all bad. You decided to point out atrocities against Blacks indicate , by pointing out specifically Jews, your anti- semitic attitude. It's all good dude, people see you for what you are. Your just acting like another Black victim that doesn't see or past their limited knowledge of history. Since there is likely no actual numbers of Blacks that died enslaved due their white owners and versus the millions upon millions of people, of all backgrounds that died during the Holocaust, we won't know the comparative impact. I will say your incentive anti semetic remarks are indicative of many Blacks of which you unfortunately fall int
You keep bringing up alcohol or previously drugs that you claim I use. You are probably a good person . Some of us are good people and some of us are just smart. I am willing to say you are probably a good person..LOL
Allied I've been in on this thread a bit and you know I'm Jewish, I did not see where claboo made any ill remarks about Jews. @claboo can we please stop this back and forth ( between you guys) on this it really makes me uncomfortable. Debate all you want but stop with this nonsense. Lots of atocities in history, all bad, all evil, all inhumane. Lets just move on. The thread / topic was the good work Dungy is doing with the support of Desantis.

Ordinarily I would not, however when someone chooses to minimize one atrocity in favor of shining a bright light on his own, there's a need to educate. Slavery and the Holocaust were both horrific events and periods in time, and one was right here in America.....But don't act as if it wasn't significant because the victims didn't look like you.
I don't think any Jew could possibly minimize slavery it's really not in our DNA to behave that way buddy. Throughout our history we were enslaved and in fact the Passover celebrates the EXODUS from bondage in Egypt.

His last paragraph indicating that because it wasn't Jewish babies and the Holocaust, it wasn't important to me. That probably wasn't paraphrased properly but you get the you get the ghist of it. It reaks of two things ,first it reaks of condensation, secondly it has overtones of anti semitism. That's my opinion and for the next few days it is still an opinion board. I clearly indicated in my original response other groups of people, non - Jews, that were victims of the Holocaust. So, if there were Black babies taken from their mothers due to the Holocaust, I would have mentioned them as victims as well. Unfortunately, the board is made up of people with various educational backgrounds that do not have the capacity to understand the direction of comments and seem to respond poorly. Oh well...whatever.

Sad that the thread, which was meant to be positive of a rare situation where virtually all can agree and true value will come from the bill, has devolved into the same ol looking backwards. It is easy to point out historical wrongs. Why not focus on forward moving solutions?
Thank you

Sad that the thread, which was meant to be positive of a rare situation where virtually all can agree and true value will come from the bill, has devolved into the same ol looking backwards. It is easy to point out historical wrongs. Why not focus on forward moving solutions?
Agree completely 💯

Why Allied chose to hijack this thread and make it some kind of Holocaust teaching point as if something was said devaluing it is beyond me.

Sometime folks would be better served minding their own business, and staying out of 1 on 1 conversations that don't involve them, then maybe they won't get confused and start off topic dialog.

Agree completely 💯

Why Allied chose to hijack this thread and make it some kind of Holocaust teaching point as if something was said devaluing it is beyond me.

Sometime folks would be better served minding their own business, and staying out of 1 on 1 conversations that don't involve them, then maybe they won't get confused and start off topic dialog.
When you put it on a public site and make controversial comments, pay the price!

When you put it on a public site and make controversial comments, pay the
Your illogical diatribes is what has me thinking you're impaired when you post. Or perhaps not playing with a full deck. "Pay the price", what price have I paid?? And one quick note, if a statement is only controversial to you....and not even to the person who was being addressed.....you may need some kind of therapy. But in the meantime, Bro get some sleep.

Your illogical diatribes is what has me thinking you're impaired when you post. Or perhaps not playing with a full deck. "Pay the price", what price have I paid?? And one quick note, if a statement is only controversial to you....and not even to the person who was being addressed.....you may need some kind of therapy. But in the meantime, Bro get some sleep.
You really are dumber than 10 day old dog sh-t. Sorry ,I can't put it into ebonics for you to comprehend...

Agree completely 💯

Many threads have a bad habit of taking a wrong turn. This was a thread about Desantis partnering with Tony dungy in doing great work encouraging and assisting Fathers to be in their childrens lives.
Why must it take these turns? Some people can't stay in focus.

You really are dumber than 10 day old dog sh-t. Sorry ,I can't put it into ebonics for you to comprehend...
Ebonics?? I knew we'd get there, just had to wait you out. Tigers don't lose their stripes, that's for certain. Happy Easter to you anyway....

Last edited:
Many threads have a bad habit of taking a wrong turn. This was a thread about Desantis partnering with Tony dungy in doing great work encouraging and assisting Fathers to be in their childrens lives.
Why must it take these turns? Some people can't stay in focus.
This is the one of the reasons why I don't bother posting here like I used to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT