ADVERTISEMENT

Did you know?

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
Mario’s dad was a Cuban cop that eventually wound up being a political prisoner of fidel? Fled Cuba in the late 60’s to come to Miami. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Mario’s brother who also played for miami is currently a cop in Miami. After mario was cut from the broncos he played in I think a different professional league for a brief time only to try and be a secret service guy where he was in fact offered a job. Myth has it and Gary I would love for you to dig into this, mario actually took part in a cage fight. Where did I pick this cage fight story up? Non other than Al Golden who actually was good friends with mario, told me this at a practice. I know, take with a grain of salt. Gary, was Golden messing with me? I wouldn’t doubt it either way. Another side note, mario wasn’t just ol coach at bama. He was in fact listed and still is if you look it up assistant head coach to Saban.

a quote from the famous movie scarface that was Mario’s answer when asked back in his Earlier miami coaching days about how he can tell if a Miami player is the right fit… “it’s all in the eyes chico”

so excited that the song in the air tonight is about to have substance again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News