ADVERTISEMENT

Does Golden need to have more fun and be more relaxed?

KLCane

SuperCane
Mar 21, 2003
I put this in another thread, but it seems like Golden is just too serious about everything. I get wanting to maintain control and order, but it seems like he just goes too far with it. I wonder if Golden just needs to loosen up his own personality and actually have some fun. I mentioned Dennis Erickson, who for some reason, people around here love to kill. The guy was effective because he didn't over-control everything.

I think Golden has tremendous potential as a head coach, I really do. I think his personality or approach to coaching is just too serious and controlling. Look at how he gets after a win. It's like the guy was so wound up that it just explodes when he has success. He appears burned out at his young age. It's sad to see. Coach D's personality probably doesn't help as it likely feeds Golden's rigidness.

I want to see Golden have fun. It sounds silly and simplistic, but I believe that a team is generally a reflection of its coach. Golden's personality impacts his coaching. It seems like he coaches too tight. Not necessarily conservative, but just nervous and tight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News