ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t go near the water.....

Cane Attack

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2017
What a sad way to go and this poor soul should have listened to her husband.

BROWARD COUNTY
Body parts found inside gator who grabbed woman while she was walking her dogs, cops say. Trappers who captured a gator that they believe dragged a woman into a lake while she was walking her dogs said Friday afternoon they found body parts inside the reptile.

A massive search has been underway since Friday morning when 47-year-old Shizuka Matsuki of Plantation was walking her two dogs at the Silver Lakes Rotary Nature Park, just west of Florida’s Turnpike, when she was grabbed by an alligator.

"After an initial necropsy, evidence was found that indicates that the victim of this incident was bitten by the alligator that was captured earlier today," Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Robert Klepper said in an email. "The FWC believes that the victim is deceased and we will continue recovery efforts on the lake with local authorities."

Authorities reported that "human remains" were found inside the gator. The park is closed to the public until further notice, police said.

"One of her dogs got bit by the gator," Davie Police Maj. Dale Engle told the Sun Sentinel. Matsuki's husband, who is out of town, has been told his wife went missing after walking the dogs, the paper reported.

A witness told police he saw the woman walking her two pit bulls on the path around the Silver Lakes Rotary Nature Park, which sits between Stirling and Griffin roads just west of the Turnpike, according to Local 10 News. The two were walking in different directions and parted ways. The park is surrounded by a residential community.

Friends and family of a woman believed to have been dragged by an alligator, wait for words on her. Police say the woman was walking her dogs near the pond in the 5600 block of Southwest 52nd Street, Davie.

On Friday night, neighbors at Isla del Sol, the gated community in Plantation where Matsuki lived, said Matsuki was a "petite and friendly woman" who would walk her three pit bulls every morning in workout attire.

“She was just your ordinary soccer mom,” said neighbor Peter Limia, a 37-year-old commercial realtor. “It’s a tragedy.”

After the attack, Limia gathered with a handful of his neighbors on Matsuki’s street and learned that Matsuki’s husband had warned his wife against taking their dogs down to the nature park alone.

“He had warned her not to take the dogs over to that place because they had seen gators before and it isn’t safe,” Limia said, relaying the information he heard at the meeting from another neighbor.

Located near a boat ramp, the community is no stranger to alligators.

On Wednesday, a neighbor of Matsuki's photographed an alligator lounging on her front porch. Police were called and the gator was removed. The Isla del Sol Homeowners Association sent out a memo notifying residents that wildlife encounters were common in Florida, and to be careful.

“It’s crazy,” Limia said. “The announcement two days before. ... It’s insane.”

Florida has averaged six unprovoked alligator bites per year over the last 10 years. These wounds are serious enough to require professional medical treatment.

There has not been a significant trend in alligator attacks in the past decade, the FWC reports. From 1948 to 2017, 401 unprovoked bite incidents have occurred in Florida with 24 of these proving fatal.

In June 2016, a Nebraska toddler who was visiting a Disney World resort in the Orlando area was grabbed and killed by a gator at one of the resort's lakes.

7 PHOTOS

https://miami.forums.rivals.com/ios://next_story

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
That’s crazy, that’s why I love Swamp People, love seeing gators killed, I tell my wife that, she’s a gator. I had to click on your post, when I saw it I’m headed to beach for a week.I thought oh shit what now.

It's Gator territory down in the swamps, lakes and canals of Florida. Never understood why any dog Owner would take their dogs there, or allow them to roam waterside. Gators might not get the dogs day 1 or day 101..but, on day 102...OVA! very patient

The entire Southeast is being overrun with them especially near the coastline.

It's Gator territory down in the swamps, lakes and canals of Florida. Never understood why any dog Owner would take their dogs there, or allow them to roam waterside. Gators might not get the dogs day 1 or day 101..but, on day 102...OVA! very patient

They need to have a longer or several seasons on these reptiles.
I do a lot of fishing for bass and it's all swampland, and everytime I go
out I see at least 5-6 gators.
What torkes me off, is the fact, we can't shoot the damn things in FL.

But I have a feeling that is going to change....nuff said.

Why can’t you shoot them if your life is in danger?

Just go kayaking on the St. Johns River .. you will see them all over. Took some visitors on a nature cruise out of Blue Springs State Park .. we say several 13-14 foot gators on the banks, a lot of small ones in the water, people kayaking all over. In Florida, anywhere inland, if there's water, there is a very high probability that there are gators. Act accordingly.

Exactly what I was telling my sister (Lake Placid area) yesterday. Populations have not only grown, but the loss of habitat brings them into conflict w/ humans.

Imo it’s us or them. I was bassing on the Altamha River near Fort Stewart years ago. Tidal river, so we fished small coves. I pulled into one such cove in my Bass Tracker and there was a 12-14 ft gator sunning on the bank. He never moved while I fished. And people water-skied that river !!!

Then, during a turkey hunt on Fort Stewart, I was creeping slowly through an overhead canopy of woods, slightly marshy, and I almost walked right into a 9 ft gator sunning about 15 yds from a creek ditch. Since only pockets of light were coming through the trees, part of him was dark, other parts light. Great camo. Scared the begeesus out of me when he hauled a$$ into the ditch. He saw me before I saw him. I was lucky.

Last edited:
Just go kayaking on the St. Johns River .. you will see them all over. Took some visitors on a nature cruise out of Blue Springs State Park .. we say several 13-14 foot gators on the banks, a lot of small ones in the water, people kayaking all over. In Florida, anywhere inland, if there's water, there is a very high probability that there are gators. Act accordingly.

Yes. Act accordingly. Always bring a Miccosukee Indian Chief with you.

Reactions: BreakingCane
People are kinda dumb. There is ZERO chance to get eaten by a gator unless you CHALLENGE the gator. Walk away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT