ADVERTISEMENT

Effect of Jan 6 hearings on Trump?

cortez55403

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2004
CNBC punished a long story today (too long to link here) on the effects of the Jan 6 hearings on Trump. Summary:

*small donors have given Trump an enormous lead over potential GOP rovals for the 2024 nomination.
*Trump true believers don’t care about the hearings. A “show trial.”
*Nationwide, however, a recent AP poll says 48% of Americans believe Trump should be indicted for his efforts to overthrow the election results.
*the big effect of the hearings has been on large GOP donors and fundraisers. The testimony this week was very damaging, eg throwing food against the White House walls; scuffling with the Secret Service. These large donors are embarrassed by this behavior. They won’t back Trump because he just might lose to a very weak Dem nominee in 2024.

I don’t believe Trump will be indicted. No national appetite for another spectacle. I do believe, however, that support for his nomination is slipping. His actions and behavior portrayed in the hearings will, IMHO, make him too risky to nominate.

Whaddaya think?

Thanks.

CNBC punished a long story today (too long to link here) on the effects of the Jan 6 hearings on Trump. Summary:

*small donors have given Trump an enormous lead over potential GOP rovals for the 2024 nomination.
*Nationwide, however, a recent AP poll says 48% of Americans believe Trump should be indicted for his efforts to overthrow the election results.
*the big effect of the hearings has been on large GOP donors and fundraisers. The testimony this week was very damaging, eg throwing food against the White House walls; scuffling with the Secret Service. These large donors are embarrassed by this behavior. They won’t back Trump because he just might lose to a very weak Dem nominee in 2024.

I don’t believe Trump will be indicted. No national appetite for another spectacle. I do believe, however, that support for his nomination is slipping. His actions and behavior portrayed in the hearings will, IMHO, make him too risky to nominate.

Whaddaya think?

Thanks.
I think they are clearing the way for a DeSantis run. Which would be fine by me.

Either way it’s a win win for Republican but if Trump runs he’ll win the nomination … Bank on it ..
There is a thirst in this country for MAGA still especially after seeing the weak ass bitch sitting in the White House…
Rare moment of agreement El. If Trump runs for the GOP nomination, he well could win it.

BUT, winning the nomination is NOT the key goal. It’s winning the general election! That’s where Trump is a liability.

As mentioned, 48% think that Trump should be indicted. Those 48 are certainly not gonna vote for him. So, 48% of the electorate is against him before the Dems even nominate a candidate. Near suicidal of the GOP to nominate DJT when the Dems are on the ropes.

Reactions: zackbear
Rare moment of agreement El. If Trump runs for the GOP nomination, he well could win it.

BUT, winning the nomination is NOT the key goal. It’s winning the general election! That’s where Trump is a liability.

As mentioned, 48% think that Trump should be indicted. Those 48 are certainly not gonna vote for him. So, 48% of the electorate is against him before the Dems even nominate a candidate. Near suicidal of the GOP to nominate DJT when the Dems are on the ropes.
Biden nor ny other Dem can beat Trump.Simply because there is ZERO bench for DEMS!
Biden can even win the race to the bathroom!!!!

Biden nor ny other Dem can beat Trump.Simply because there is ZERO bench for DEMS!
Watch... AOC will get the nod. She is as dumb as a box of rocks but what else can they push out there?

Trump is just way too toxic to win in 2024. Additionally, the Republicans win assuming we get back to regulated pre-covid voting. If it's the cluster we experienced in 2020 with mail-in votes running amok, look out.

By the time 24 rolls around and the economy is still with high inflation no one is going to give a shitt about Jan 6th..
Their wallets what will matter and there is no way in Hell a Dem will be potus..
Perfect scenario for Trump …

I want DeSantis for a number of reasons, but I wouldn't bet against Trump if he really wants it.

I want DeSantis for a number of reasons, but I wouldn't bet against Trump if he really wants it.
I don’t see DeSantis challenging Trump although don’t rule out VP.. DeSantis in 4 years will be ready for prime time plus wouldnt want to lose him as Gov. guy has stepped up Bigly…

Florida will blow - up under his leadership and the whole country will see his value in 28 for potus.
We have a deep bench compared to the idiots on the left..

Reactions: majus12
I’ve said this before here
The democrats may get what they want and regret it
Trump would have a problem winning a general election. DeSantis or Youngkin is a better general election candidate.
Will Trump go quietly into the night at pushing 80 ?
The question is whether any of these candidates want to take on Trump . Desantis could beat him in states like Florida and Texas .

Whaddaya think?

Thanks.
Generally agree
I don’t believe Trump will be indicted. No national appetite for another spectacle. I do believe, however, that support for his nomination is slipping.
Is the punch line. You threw in a few editorial comments and assign even some value on the show trial. It is a complete joke and is making the democrats look foolish to any person that is open to persuasion.

The problem is that as much as Shiffy, drunk Nancy and Joyless Reid love to talk about Nov 2020 thru Jan 6th, Trump also loves to talk about it. 2020 and 21 sucked for much of the country for a variety of reasons. The party and candidates that are not percieved responsible for inlation, the cratering economy, rising crime, an invasion of our country, surrender to the Taliban and making money from Ukraine-Russia will win. The last think the country wants to do is relitigate that 3 month period. Trump can't get out of the past and really doesn't want to.

But if it comes down to a binary choice between Biden and Trump - Orange man back!

Either way it’s a win win for Republican but if Trump runs he’ll win the nomination … Bank on it ..
There is a thirst in this country for MAGA still especially after seeing the weak ass bitch sitting in the White House…
MAGA yes, but I fully believe that MAGA is bigger than Trump. Yes, I want America to be Great Again. 70% of the country agrees that Biden's America Sux.

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE

WE FINALLY AGREE!!! If Trump WANTS to be the next Prez, he will win. It would be his to lose. But I am not sure he will run. All those left hooks from the Libs add up. He may not want the grind anymore. AND UNLIKE YOUR CANDIDATE that won the Presidency in 2020......he will not sign up for it again if he can't do THE PROPER JOB for another 4 years. He will just quit. Gotta be honorable at some point. This admin is an abortion

Last edited:
I’ve said this before here
The democrats may get what they want and regret it
Trump would have a problem winning a general election. DeSantis or Youngkin is a better general election candidate.
Will Trump go quietly into the night at pushing 80 ?
The question is whether any of these candidates want to take on Trump . Desantis could beat him in states like Florida and Texas .
Trump will be 80 y/o in 2024

Time for a younger President that is a leader no matter what party.

Not a DeSantis fan over here. f*ck him.
Trump will NOT be 80 in 2024
Get your info right!!!
Go vote for biden again
Pffft

Trump will be 80 y/o in 2024

Time for a younger President that is a leader no matter what party.

Not a DeSantis fan over here. f*ck him.
If your opinion of DeSantis is "F him", then you're obviously voting left even if it's the current old man who can't leave a room without a card instructing him to do so.

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
I don’t believe Trump will be indicted. No national appetite for another spectacle

That’s strictly a DOJ issue. If there is credible evidence Trump incited a premeditated insurrection to stop the democratically legitimate transfer of power (there already is), then Garland will indict him. Trump will respond by announcing he is running in 2024 because he knows the Presidency is the only thing that could save him from jail time. This would also snuff out the chances of DeSantis and all the other young bucks seeking to make their moves for the POTUS job.

Severely wounded and discredited, Trump would almost certainly lose the election to whoever the Dem nominee is (including Biden).

This is the nightmare scenario for Republicans and they can’t do anything to stop it because they can’t stop Trump from getting the nomination if he wants it.

If your opinion of DeSantis is "F him", then you're obviously voting left even if it's the current old man who can't leave a room without a card instructing him to do so.

My feeling is ... whatever protection we could use, use it. This virus was new to all of humanity. We were learning "on the fly".

Sure touch you mask and possibly catch the virus.

I remember door handles in public places were potential covid spots. Turned out not..

I heard Donald J jackass Trump tell Bob Woodward (on friggin tape ). """" it's bad Bob, it's in the air """

Asswipe downplayed it ! Worried it would possibly hurt his re-election.

Not Presidential and certainely NOT a leader.

We know more now... throwing his VP under the bus

No Loyalty.

Vote Red I don't care, just not him.

I don’t see DeSantis challenging Trump although don’t rule out VP.. DeSantis in 4 years will be ready for prime time plus wouldnt want to lose him as Gov. guy has stepped up Bigly…

Florida will blow - up under his leadership and the whole country will see his value in 28 for potus.
We have a deep bench compared to the idiots on the left..
smartest move would be Trump/DeSantis 2024, Desantis next 8 years after!

Reactions: cortez55403
My feeling is ... whatever protection we could use, use it. This virus was new to all of humanity. We were learning "on the fly".

Sure touch you mask and possibly catch the virus.

I remember door handles in public places were potential covid spots. Turned out not..

I heard Donald J jackass Trump tell Bob Woodward (on friggin tape ). """" it's bad Bob, it's in the air """

Asswipe downplayed it ! Worried it would possibly hurt his re-election.

Not Presidential and certainely NOT a leader.

We know more now... throwing his VP under the bus

No Loyalty.

Vote Red I don't care, just not him.
You sir are totally full of shit!!!!!!!!
STFU and go vote for uncle joey AGAIN
Liberal fuktards like you are exactly why this country is shit in 2022
Piss off

smartest move would be Trump/DeSantis 2024, Desantis next 8 years after!
Majus. Check your math. If I’m not mistaken, Trump can only serve one more term. So, he’s out in 2028 if he wins in 2024.

As I’ve mentioned previously, it would be suicidal of the GOP to nominate Trump in 2024. Why? 48% of the public believe DJT should be indicted. Do you think any of those 48% will vote for Trump? Absolutely not. So, he would start the campaign in a huge hole.

‘The Dems are in disarray for the midterms and for 2024. Only Don can unify the Dems to mobilize against the GOP. Why in the world would the GOP fall into this incredible error of nominating the only candidate likely to lose in 2024?

Lets hope that lying and corrupt POS runs in 2024. Easy pickings for Dems.

As for what happens to Trump. He will make a deal with DOJ to avoid being indicted or prosecuted. In exchange, he will agree not to run for political office again. Like the weasel he is, he will agree.

Reactions: gokcub
Majus. Check your math. If I’m not mistaken, Trump can only serve one more term. So, he’s out in 2028 if he wins in 2024.

As I’ve mentioned previously, it would be suicidal of the GOP to nominate Trump in 2024. Why? 48% of the public believe DJT should be indicted. Do you think any of those 48% will vote for Trump? Absolutely not. So, he would start the campaign in a huge hole.

‘The Dems are in disarray for the midterms and for 2024. Only Don can unify the Dems to mobilize against the GOP. Why in the world would the GOP fall into this incredible error of nominating the only candidate likely to lose in 2024?
Trump for 4 years, THEN Desantis for 8 years
83% think country is going in wrong direction under biden
Dems are CURRENTLY unified, instead of helping this country they are busy trying to take Trump down for the third time

Trump for 4 years, THEN Desantis for 8 years
83% think country is going in wrong direction under biden
Dems are CURRENTLY unified, instead of helping this country they are busy trying to take Trump down for the third time
You wish Cult member. It will be another replay of 2020. Remember what happened in 2020? 97% of the people responding on this post said Trump Couldn't lose. What was the outcome? None of you know Jack $hit!!!! You were wrong then and you will be wrong now.

Whaddaya think?

Thanks.
I think Trump is through. Facing too many criminal charges and sure conviction in Georgia election interference.

Reactions: zackbear
I think Trump is through. Facing too many criminal charges and sure conviction in Georgia election interference.
Mikey
100 lies do not equal a single truth.
Enjoy your banana's.
6q5wji.jpg

Whaddaya think?

Thanks.
Sorry I stopped reading at CNBC. Obvious reasons.

Effects of Trump on Joe Biden whole country is falling apart and we’re heading to a deep recession and Biden ignores it all with the worst policies and just talks about Trump and has nightmares about him every night to the point it drove him senile.

LMAO donkey
You pathetic Dems have been saying that since 2015
Meanwhile NADA, ZIP, ZILCH., even with the entire force of the US Govt behind it
LMAO @ you small minded simpletons!

Love it when you site a liberal poll, to justify your preconceived mind set.
Dems lose regardless if its Trump or DeSantis

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT