ADVERTISEMENT

What to make of VP Mike Pence’s remarks about Trump?

cortez55403

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2004
For the first time, Pence has put serious distance between himself and DJT. As to Trump’s assertion that a sitting VP has the authority to reverse election results, Pence said ”that this is not true.” No if’s, ands or buts. Trump is not correct in his assertion, says Mike. Indeed, Trump’s belief is unAmerican, says Mike. Wow!

What should we now think of Pence? Has he finally grown a pair and ended his total deference to DJT? Or, is he creating space between Don and himself as part of his run for the GOP nomination in 2024?

I’m going with the latter. I’m guessing that Pence has concluded he can never out Trump Trump. DeSantis is trying to inherit Don‘s mantle and is doing a good job at it. So, Pence needs to be a bit different. He is claiming his stake as a law abiding guy loyal to the constitution, not to one man. He stood up to Don on Jan 6. You can trust him.

Red and Blue teams: how do you read Pence’s new voice?

Thanks.

Look, it's been this way for months, unless the courts can confirm Trumps tax evasion, he's in as the candidate. Nothing else will stop this momentum. It still has to play out.

For the first time, Pence has put serious distance between himself and DJT. As to Trump’s assertion that a sitting VP has the authority to reverse election results, Pence said ”that this is not true.” No if’s, ands or buts. Trump is not correct in his assertion, says Mike. Indeed, Trump’s belief is unAmerican, says Mike. Wow!

What should we now think of Pence? Has he finally grown a pair and ended his total deference to DJT? Or, is he creating space between Don and himself as part of his run for the GOP nomination in 2024?

I’m going with the latter. I’m guessing that Pence has concluded he can never out Trump Trump. DeSantis is trying to inherit Don‘s mantle and is doing a good job at it. So, Pence needs to be a bit different. He is claiming his stake as a law abiding guy loyal to the constitution, not to one man. He stood up to Don on Jan 6. You can trust him.

Red and Blue teams: how do you read Pence’s new voice?

Thanks.
Happy Sunday Mr. Cortez,

Pence is basically irrelevant in the Republican party. Talking about the 2020 elections is the only way he can get airtime. The only people that really care about 2020 elections and Jan 6th are politicians, media and political zealots. The 2022/24 elections will be about the abject failure of Biden and the democrat progressive policies. If it makes you feel better Trump becomes less and less relevant everytime he speaks because he remains fixated on the 2020 election. Voters are not going to vote him a mulligan.

Conversely voters don't care about January 6th. They think is was kind of a typical 2020 Saturday night in Chicago, NYC, Portland, LA, etc. They will become sick of Biden and Pelosi trying to deflect from things like surrendering to the Taliban, Illegal immigration, inflation and allowing education to become a woke shitshow run by horrible people like Randi Weingarten.

As to Pence being the Republican standard bearer in 2024: NO! Not because of any broad backlash for his actions re: 2020. Rather because Republicans did not find him interesting in 2016 and they won't in 2024 His future is as a TV guest. He is just not inspiring and does not really move the needle.

But since you are so interested in him, maybe team blue should try to sign him. He is certainly far more qualified than Biden, Harris, Clinton, Buttigieg, M Obama, Newsom, Booker, Warren etc. Maybe team blue should try to move away from the whacko left towards the center with a guy like Pence? You seem to think he would bring a lot of middle support. Why wouldn't AOC, Bernie, Nancy, Omar, Pressly, Talib and the other left wing nutjobs sign on?

What say you to Pence as the democrat 2024 candidate?

Last edited:
Reactions: majus12
Happy Sunday Mr. Cortez,

Pence is basically irrelevant in the Republican party. Talking about the 2020 elections is the only way he can get airtime. The only people that really care about 2020 elections and Jan 6th are politicians, media and political zealots. The 2022/24 elections will be about the abject failure of Biden and the democrat progressive policies. If it makes you feel better Trump becomes less and less relevant evertime he speaks because he remains fixated on the 2020 election. Voters are not going to vote him a mulligan.

Conversely voters don't care about January 6th. They think is was kind of a typical 2020 Saturday night in Chicago, NYC, Portland, LA, etc. They will become sick of Biden and Pelosi trying to deflect from things like surrendering to the Taliban, Illegal immigration, inflation and allowing education to become a woke shitshow run by horrible people like Randi Weingarten.

As to Pence being the Republican standard bearer in 2024: NO! Not because of any broad backlash for his actions re: 2020. Rather because Republicans did not find him interesting in 2016 and they won't in 2024 His future is as a TV guest. He is just not inspiring and does not really move the needle.

But since you are so interested in him, maybe team blue should try to sign him. He is certainly far more qualified than Biden, Harris, Clinton, Buttigieg, M Obama, Newsom, Booker, Warren etc. Maybe team blue should try to move away from the whacko left towards the center with a guy like Pence? You seem to think he would bring a lot of middle support. Why wouldn't AOC, Bernie, Nancy, Omar, Pressly, Talib and the other left wing nutjobs sign on?

What say you to Pence as the democrat 2024 candidate?
I don’t support Pence as the candidate of either party. He’s boring, a historical suck up to DJT and a righteously Right Evangelical. He won’t have a meeting in his office alone with a woman. Not my team.

That said, I do admire his courage on Jan 6. He understood the law and did his duty honorably. I’m forever thankful for that. If he had followed Trump’s direction, we would have had a country in crisis. And, I was impressed with his new independence from DJT. It distinguishes him from Cruz, Hawley, DeSantis et al who are too scared to call Don out for his Jan 6 outrage. Do I think that GOP voters will now flock to Pence? No. But, I do like public debate within the party. Only Mitt Romney has had the balls to call out Trump’s illegalities and lies.

Got to dispute your assertion that “voters don’t care about Jan 6”. WTF? Perhaps voters who are stuck in the echo chamber of Right Wing Media don’t care. Millions more do care and care passionately about preserving the Constitution and the rule of law.

I don’t support Pence as the candidate of either party. He’s boring, a historical suck up to DJT and a righteously Right Evangelical. He won’t have a meeting in his office alone with a woman. Not my team.

That said, I do admire his courage on Jan 6. He understood the law and did his duty honorably. I’m forever thankful for that. If he had followed Trump’s direction, we would have had a country in crisis. And, I was impressed with his new independence from DJT. It distinguishes him from Cruz, Hawley, DeSantis et al who are too scared to call Don out for his Jan 6 outrage. Do I think that GOP voters will now flock to Pence? No. But, I do like public debate within the party. Only Mitt Romney has had the balls to call out Trump’s illegalities and lies.

Got to dispute your assertion that “voters don’t care about Jan 6”. WTF? Perhaps voters who are stuck in the echo chamber of Right Wing Media don’t care. Millions more do care and care passionately about preserving the Constitution and the rule of law.
Go to a non political water hole. Real people are not talking about January 6th. Yes millions do care. They are all hard core radical democrats or communists, most living in NY, Cal or the Beltway. Most make money from democrat government policies or the media. The millions you speak of were not going to vote Republican even with a gun at their hand.
McCauliffe ran against Trump and January 6th. Youngkin says "hi".from the governors mansion in Richmond Virginia.

Reactions: majus12
Pence is a coward just like DJT is and neither of them are fit for any role in our government at any level. It is so sad how far down they have taken this country and divided it.

It's too little too late. He had plenty of time to stand up to him before. Now, I just don't care anymore because what's done is already done. What good does it do to talk back now? Trump has no voice. No power with anyone other than racist.

You are a smart guy. Yet, I’m surprised by your opinion that all those concerned with Jan 6 are “hard core radical democrats or communists.”
You further say that “voters don’t really care about Jan 6.”

You are usually careful to support your opinions with data or supporting info. i can’t find that support here. Can you bolster your opinion that

*voters don’t care about Jan 6
*those concerned with Jan 6 are communists.

Thanks.

You are a smart guy. Yet, I’m surprised by your opinion that all those concerned with Jan 6 are “hard core radical democrats or communists.”
You further say that “voters don’t really care about Jan 6.”

You are usually careful to support your opinions with data or supporting info. i can’t find that support here. Can you bolster your opinion that

*voters don’t care about Jan 6
*those concerned with Jan 6 are communists.

Thanks.
Mr. Cortez,
Sometimes you just walk outside and determine it is a warm and sunny day. No need to google "what is the weather like in my city.

In my work I talk to a lot of people in a lot of states. Typically avoid discussing politics because I have made a lot of money working with liberal leaning executives in the Northeast and California. I also talk to friends, neighbors, people at bars and restaurants, fellow sports fans etc. In the course of conversation over the past year topics of conversation that have been brought to me include, pro vax/anti vax, Pro Trump/Anti Trump, Anti Biden/Do not hear pro Biden - just anti Trump, concern about global warming/global warming is a hoax, we should support Ukraine/We should not be involved in anyway with Ukraine, concern about open borders/never pro open borders, disgust over surrender to the Taliban/never anything good about Biden there, racial issues, concern about crime, concern about inflation, energy costs, availability of products and services, Ginger/MaryAnn. But not directly or even overhearing have I heard anyone talk about their concern over what happened on January 6th or the current hearings. Millenial women have brought up how disgusted they are that Biden has allowed Afghan women to be treated as subhuman property and sold into sex slavery. But no real live person has EVER brought up "how there was an attempted coup/insurection/we almost lost our democracy". The ONLY place that I have EVER heard that discussed is the media/politicians and political social media.

So I will continue to draw my information about what voters care about from talking to real people. You can continue to believe the NYT and CNN telling you how how concerned swing voters are about January 6th 2020. BTW, it is in the 50's and cloudy outside.

Reactions: ZEKEMUG
Pence's comments are long overdue, but they won't be received well by Trump's residual fans who still largely control what was once the Republican party. They also show Pence's lack of spine throughout all of this, where he evolved from playing the part of ball-gagged cuck to Trump for five years for political expediency of getting to be VP, and now for attempting to criticize him, again for the political expediency of thinking it will allow him to run for POTUS in 24.

Reactions: miamimike
Mr. Cortez,
Sometimes you just walk outside and determine it is a warm and sunny day. No need to google "what is the weather like in my city.

In my work I talk to a lot of people in a lot of states. Typically avoid discussing politics because I have made a lot of money working with liberal leaning executives in the Northeast and California. I also talk to friends, neighbors, people at bars and restaurants, fellow sports fans etc. In the course of conversation over the past year topics of conversation that have been brought to me include, pro vax/anti vax, Pro Trump/Anti Trump, Anti Biden/Do not hear pro Biden - just anti Trump, concern about global warming/global warming is a hoax, we should support Ukraine/We should not be involved in anyway with Ukraine, concern about open borders/never pro open borders, disgust over surrender to the Taliban/never anything good about Biden there, racial issues, concern about crime, concern about inflation, energy costs, availability of products and services, Ginger/MaryAnn. But not directly or even overhearing have I heard anyone talk about their concern over what happened on January 6th or the current hearings. Millenial women have brought up how disgusted they are that Biden has allowed Afghan women to be treated as subhuman property and sold into sex slavery. But no real live person has EVER brought up "how there was an attempted coup/insurection/we almost lost our democracy". The ONLY place that I have EVER heard that discussed is the media/politicians and political social media.

So I will continue to draw my information about what voters care about from talking to real people. You can continue to believe the NYT and CNN telling you how how concerned swing voters are about January 6th 2020. BTW, it is in the 50's and cloudy outside.
Maybe you need a broader range of friends and acquaintances? I am a live person and I have discussed with you and (and countless others) the Jan 6 disgrace to our democracy. My opinion comes from myself, not some media boogeyman trying to manipulate viewers. During my discussions, I have never met a person face to face who is supportive of the violence at the Capitol. Rather, that violence and Trump’s behavior to reverse the electoral vote are consistently rejected.

Last edited:
Maybe you need a broader range of friends and acquaintances? I am a live person and I have discussed with you and (and countless others) the Jan 6 disgrace to our democracy. My opinion comes from myself, not some media boogeyman trying to manipulate viewers. During my discussions, I have never met a person face to face who is supportive of the violence at the Capitol. Rather, that violence and Trump’s behavior to reverse the electoral vote are consistently rejected.
Thank you Cortez, but I am good with my business and personal networks. However your most recent post appears to indicate that you did not thoroughly read my the sentence below from the post you were responding to?

But no real live person has EVER brought up "how there was an attempted coup/insurection/we almost lost our democracy". The ONLY place that I have EVER heard that discussed is the media/politicians and political social media.
In your post you write:
I have discussed with you and (and countless others) the Jan 6 disgrace to our democracy.
Yes, you and I have discussed, however would you not agree that we have done so on very polarized political social media forum that we have both chosen to come to?
I do not know you personally, although you come across as a interesting and intelligent person. I would expect that we would likely find much to agree upon and enjoy a few adult beverages if we were to meet in person.

You also write:
I have never met a person face to face who is supportive of the violence at the Capitol. Rather, that violence and Trump’s behavior to reverse the electoral vote are consistently rejected.
Again please read the above sentence and point out where I say that I have personally spoken to individuals that supported the January 6th violence? I have not. The point I have been attempting to make is that the vast majority of US Citizens simply do not care about or discuss January 6th. Swing voters view it as just political yapping I will stand behind that assertion. It is only highly motivated political partisans and the media that care. But if you believe that a winning strategy for the democrats in 2022 is the McCauliffe "voters need to be most worried about Trump and January 6th" message, well Preach Brother.

On a matter far more people care to talk about, what do you think of the Canes new OC & DC?

Love the OC, DC, RB and DB hires.

Praying for the same quality hires for QB, TE, Special Teams and LB (if necessary.)

P.S. on politics: El Cubano on this site has consistently praised The Proud Boys as true patriots. Not sure if he specifically endorsed the Jan 6 violence. El? Chime in please!

Last edited:
Reactions: central17

Love the OC, DC, RB and DB hires.

Praying for the same quality hires for QB, TE, Special Teams and LB (if necessary.)

P.S. on politics: El Cubano on this site has consistently praised The Proud Boys as true patriots. Not sure if he specifically endorsed the Jan 6 violence. El? Chime in please!
Boss moves on all. Can't wait to see the QB Coach hire. Special Teams coaching does need to be upgraded in one way or another. I do think they will add a proven LB coach.

Your missing my point on January 6th. Anything written on Cane Sport does not count. This is a partisan social media board. I'm talking about random conversations with business colleagues, neighbors, a random watering hole, other parents at the kids sporting events, etc.

You're posting about it.
Not concerned, just made a statement and a possible result. His age and signs of dementia may have him in assisted living or private duty nursing at his residence, which he could certainly afford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT