ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Got It Wrong About A Couple Of Things

timujian

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2006
1. "...he [Berrios] showed a knack for getting open in the middle of the field..." No he didn't. He got separation just 35% of the time. This is by far the worst percentage of any WR in the last seven seasons. Maybe he was bothered by a lingering injury.
2. "He [Dobard] made strides as a run blocker..." No he did not. There was no discernible trend to indicate improvement. He and Tucker had very bad seasons run blocking. By far the worst on the team. He will have to improve by a lot just to be mediocre.
3. "Darling didn't fare well the last few games of the season..." Gary is absolutely correct that when Darling was thrust into a starting role he struggled badly which is to be expected as a true Freshman. But, he had a strong game against Pittsburgh and an outstanding game against South Carolina at the end of the season.
4. I disagree with Gary's characterization of Linder as being an "overachiever." This indicates that he is not very talented. From what I saw on the field on the field, he looks immensely talented. He looks extremely quick off the line of scrimmage and has great balance and agility. I think he has the potential to be the best OC ever to play for Miami. I would not be surprised if we see him pulling on some running plays this year. Something that is very
rare for centers to do.

I think Gary is spot on about St Louis and Milo. I wouldn't be surprised if either start this year. They will definitely be in the two deep.

I thought Gary's defensive synopsis was outstanding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News