ADVERTISEMENT

Gas hits $4.17- new record

And to the Biden voters
FNTSC3KXsAYKjC5

It will go up more and it isn't Democrats or Republicans. The only thing that affects gas prices from a political standpoint are the taxes. Not the prices. The market drives the prices. Not who is in office. If you aren't smart enough to know this, you shouldn't be commenting on it at all. Gas companies don't answer to the American people or their politicians.

It will go up more and it isn't Democrats or Republicans. The only thing that affects gas prices from a political standpoint are the taxes. Not the prices. The market drives the prices. Not who is in office. If you aren't smart enough to know this, you shouldn't be commenting on it at all. Gas companies don't answer to the American people or their politicians.
Nonsense
The politicians can effect production and price
The Republicans actively promote exploration and production . Drill baby drill
They promote pipelines
They opened up ANWAR and federal lands
The lies from Brandon today we’re the same as the red headed moron . It’s not the fault of the oil companies for the price increases
They have done nothing to spark new production
They talk about electric vehicles that are beyond the price point for many Americans
They mention certain permits to drill that may not be profitable. They have promoted removal of certain tax breaks allowed under current law for oil companies
They compare Oil companies to tobacco companies who actively sold products that caused cancer. I thank the oil companies for providing historically cheap gas so that I could enjoy life . They castigate them

Nonsense
The politicians can effect production and price
The Republicans actively promote exploration and production . Drill baby drill
They promote pipelines
They opened up ANWAR and federal lands
The lies from Brandon today we’re the same as the red headed moron . It’s not the fault of the oil companies for the price increases
They have done nothing to spark new production
They talk about electric vehicles that are beyond the price point for many Americans
They mention certain permits to drill that may not be profitable. They have promoted removal of certain tax breaks allowed under current law for oil companies
They compare Oil companies to tobacco companies who actively sold products that caused cancer. I thank the oil companies for providing historically cheap gas so that I could enjoy life . They castigate them
WOW....is all I can say to this. Just WOW. It makes me think of those cults. I actually think you really believe this.

Oil production and oil prices are two completely different things first of all. Actively exploring and producing oil doesn't have a damn thing to do with what prices are set for us to pay. Do you understand how long it takes to get a drill permit and how long it takes before that drilling produces oil? You are being sold some bullshit and I am not going to waste my time setting you straight on what actually happens vs what you see in your mind.

Oil companies control prices and in this country politicians have nothing to do with how companies set their prices. This would be equivalent to giving a president credit because your electricity or water bill is lower. It's just a ridiculous premise cloaked in political bullshit for uninformed voters.

Politicians can only affect the taxes paid. Thats really it. It's pretty stupid to think a politician is the reason we would have high gas prices. Now both parties have done things to become energy independent. So what?

Why was it $2.38 when Trump left and $4.18 now?

WOW....is all I can say to this. Just WOW. It makes me think of those cults. I actually think you really believe this.

Oil production and oil prices are two completely different things first of all. Actively exploring and producing oil doesn't have a damn thing to do with what prices are set for us to pay. Do you understand how long it takes to get a drill permit and how long it takes before that drilling produces oil? You are being sold some bullshit and I am not going to waste my time setting you straight on what actually happens vs what you see in your mind.

Oil companies control prices and in this country politicians have nothing to do with how companies set their prices. This would be equivalent to giving a president credit because your electricity or water bill is lower. It's just a ridiculous premise cloaked in political bullshit for uninformed voters.

Politicians can only affect the taxes paid. Thats really it. It's pretty stupid to think a politician is the reason we would have high gas prices. Now both parties have done things to become energy independent. So what?
That's a lot of word salad. Condescending ignorance.

Last edited:
You are deliberately ignorant , it’s how you stay in your safe place. Here’s how your party thinks.

Hey CD, I guess my economics professors where all wrong. They taught me this:

What are the 4 basic laws of supply and demand?

1) If the supply increases and demand stays the same, the price will go down. 2) If the supply decreases and demand stays the same, the price will go up. 3) If the supply stays the same and demand increases, the price will go up. 4) If the supply stays the same and demand decreases, the price will go down.

Why was it $2.38 when Trump left and $4.18 now?
Why do you keep making pointless comparisons? Trump was in Office during a period of low inflation. Biden during record-setting global inflation. Do you really think gas prices are static and remain the same year after year? Use your head and quit asking stupid questions!

• Haha
Reactions: grbcane
Why do you keep making pointless comparisons? Trump was in Office during a period of low inflation. Biden during record-setting global inflation. Do you really think gas prices are static and remain the same year after year? Use your head and quit asking stupid questions!
Do you think the price per gallon would be lower, Mike, if Joe would not have blown up the Keystone Pipeline AND if he would authorize permits to the Petroleum Industry to drill WHERE THERE IS ACTUALLY OIL in the ground?

Do you think the price per gallon would be lower, Mike, if Joe would not have blown up the Keystone Pipeline AND if he would authorize permits to the Petroleum Industry to drill WHERE THERE IS ACTUALLY OIL in the ground?
They hate oil companies.
The oil companies are hesitant to make any investments
They hate fracking which revolutionized oil drilling
They stopped permits on Federal land ( and dismissed this as only a 5-10% reduction, clueless)
They stopped exploration in Alaska, even with environmental safety concerns met .
They killed the keystone pipeline that will affect oil transfers for years to come , besides dampening interest for other pipeline projects
They hate oil
The have this absurd concept of electric cars proliferating across the country
Let’s ask the minority population living in apartments in major cities if that have $45,000 laying around to buy a Tesla and install an electric port in their apartment where they can plug in and drop an extension cord out to there car parked on the street ,
In time we may develop an infrastructure and technology which allows the common person to own an EV . In the meanwhile it’s stick it to the people with higher gas prices to achieve a quicker path to this imagined utopia.

From what I've read, there is little evidence that Keystone would have averted this price spike and wouldn't have had an impact on the global energy markets. The Pipeline was never running and was less than 10% completed when the project was shut down. Oil is continuing to flow in through other means so it actually would have nothing to do with the current supply imbalance. I've heard there are 9,000 approved drilling permits that are not being used. Why? Are all these permits in areas where there is no oil? Whatever the case, I would never allow drilling in a wildlife refuge or national parks. We are already the leading oil producer in the world and those areas should be left pristine for the enjoyment of all. Our Country is trying to move away from fossil fuel to renewable energy sources so why destroy pristine areas when that is on the horizon? Increase our efforts there and stay out of the Parks! Oil companies claim they can drill in Anwar with no environmental damage but that is total BS. Infrastructure built for oil and gas construction can leave behind radical impacts of wildlands . The construction of roads, facilities and drilling sites requires the use of heavy equipment and can destroy chunks of pristine wilderness. The damage is often irreversible. Sorry about the long response but this subject is very important to me.

Last edited:
They hate oil companies.
The oil companies are hesitant to make any investments
They hate fracking which revolutionized oil drilling
They stopped permits on Federal land ( and dismissed this as only a 5-10% reduction, clueless)
They stopped exploration in Alaska, even with environmental safety concerns met .
They killed the keystone pipeline that will affect oil transfers for years to come , besides dampening interest for other pipeline projects
They hate oil
The have this absurd concept of electric cars proliferating across the country
Let’s ask the minority population living in apartments in major cities if that have $45,000 laying around to buy a Tesla and install an electric port in their apartment where they can plug in and drop an extension cord out to there car parked on the street ,
In time we may develop an infrastructure and technology which allows the common person to own an EV . In the meanwhile it’s stick it to the people with higher gas prices to achieve a quicker path to this imagined utopia.
Money post. Don't forget that the government and the Fed are making almost impossible for energy companies to get loans to bring product to market. Fact.

What caused the record setting global inflation? Let me guess. Covid and Trump, even though Trump was President at the peak of the pandemic. I guess it was just a coincidence that inflation started climbing as soon as Biden took office. Too bad you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Gas is now $4.25 and diesel pushing $5.00. My heating bill has gone up 40% this winter. Trump's fault along with Covid and Putin.

Last edited:
What caused the record setting global inflation? Let me guess. Covid and Trump, even though Trump was President at the peak of the pandemic. I guess it was just a coincidence that inflation started climbing as soon as Biden took office. Too bad you aren't as smart as you think you are.
The global inflation was caused by what it is always caused by-a demand/supply imbalance. You constantly whine about Dems blaming Trump for everything and then turn around and do the same to Biden, blaming him for things over which he has no control.

The global inflation was caused by what it is always caused by-a demand/supply imbalance. You constantly whine about Dems blaming Trump for everything and then turn around and do the same to Biden, blaming him for things over which he has no control.
You are wrong. The administration does have control over how much oil we produce. Biden declared war on energy as soon as he took office. The Governor of Alaska says they used to produce 2 million barrels a day but due to new Federal ( Biden) regulations , it's only 1/2 million. Oil companies can't get loans due to Federal pressure on Banks. LNG ports licenses are being held up for no reason. Of the 9000 leases Psaki and Biden talked about, not one permit to drill has been granted. Your argument is full of holes.

Last edited:
The Keystone Pipeline would produce 830,000 barrels of oil per day to the US. He canceled it on Day 1. That's "control".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT