ADVERTISEMENT

Give Mario Credit For Aiming High

289fia

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2006
DeLand, FL
Mario knew who he WANTED to head his staff .. two hot coordinator commodities .. Joe Brady (or Dorsey) as the OC and Glenn Schumann as the DC. A combination of Brady / Schumann would have been an A+ staff .. that could have provided schemes, game planning and game day coaching that could have virtually smoked the ACC. He has a keen eye for coaching talent. He was willing to back burner filling out his staff while Brady / Dorsey evaluated their NFL opportunities .. as both had cited a preference for the NFL. Comments I have heard stated Schumann was almost done .. and at the final moment he backed out due to UGA pressure. Not sure if that is accurate .. but that commentary keeps surfacing.

Mario was shooting for the fences, and decided to focus mostly on recruiting while the "big fish" weighed their options. A ton of fans would have been happy with Briles .. Mario didn't want to hire him. Mario has done more for UM exposure and quality recruits being on campus in just shy of 8 weeks that the previous HC did in his total tenure. Once the smoke clears, NSD is in the books, and Mario's attention can turn to filling out the staff .. I am confident that he will be hiring excellent coordinators and position coaches .. and UM will be a force to be reckoned with in the ACC .. in 2022. There is STILL a chance Brady might be landed. I will break out a $100 cabernet if that happens!! Brady and Belk? THAT can still happen .. and if it doesn't it won't have been for lack of trying. The program is in excellent hands. Glad I renewed my season tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News