ADVERTISEMENT

Great read for those that think the cop was in no danger

So kill a drunk for letting him kick your ass. You give a bunch of weakass punks a gun and badge to boast their manhood.

They are many great cops out there that understand their jobs and know when to draw a gun and fire. Once you don't have respect for a life you fire in such situations. How you react in a tense situation. We kill kids on the field when they don't perform under pressure. Yet when a trained officer resort to the the last resort without exhausting all options we praise them.

Under Georgia law, a taser is classified as a deadly weapon.

I have a feeling this cop is going to walk!!! Along with 1000’s of other law enforcement officers across the country saying, take this job and shove it!!!!

Seriously... If I was a cop today I would resign. There just isn't any way for you to do your job and NOT get in trouble for doing your job anymore.

Guy points a taser at you? Nope... Can't do anything to him.

Guy wrestles with you to try and take your gun? Nope... Better let him have it.

Guy shoots at you? Welp... At least he didn't hit you?

You're breaking up a domestic dispute? Nope... Someone is gonna cry about police brutality.

You see someone on the street that matches a BOLO for a bank robbery suspect in the area? Nope... Let him go or risk being prosecuted for profiling.

There is no winning for the police anymore. If they do their job... They're hated and if they don't do their job they're hated.

If I was a cop right now I'm resigning.

Seriously... If I was a cop today I would resign. There just isn't any way for you to do your job and NOT get in trouble for doing your job anymore.

Guy points a taser at you? Nope... Can't do anything to him.

Guy wrestles with you to try and take your gun? Nope... Better let him have it.

Guy shoots at you? Welp... At least he didn't hit you?

You're breaking up a domestic dispute? Nope... Someone is gonna cry about police brutality.

You see someone on the street that matches a BOLO for a bank robbery suspect in the area? Nope... Let him go or risk being prosecuted for profiling.

There is no winning for the police anymore. If they do their job... They're hated and if they don't do their job they're hated.

If I was a cop right now I'm resigning.

exactly- couldn’t agree more.

I can respect that, bro. I grew up a military / government brat and was taught to respect authority. Yes, it just sucks for both sides of the equation, but everything sucks right now ... this whole year. I hate to get dramatic, but we truly aren't going to solve anything as a country until US in the MIDDLE fix everything.

Couldn’t agree with you more man.

Reactions: PatDunn
The man was shot in the back 2 times and posed no risk to the officer. Guilty!!!

So your chasing a guy who just kicked the shit out of both the officers. Obviously was willing to do what ever it took to escape. Grabbed one officers taser and shot it at the face of the officer. One of the prongs could have gone into his eye(great bodily injury). Also tried to punch the other officer in the face but missed.
So circumstances are evolving very rapidly. Brooks takes off running, the other officer gives chase. Its night outside so visibility is poor. All of a sudden Brooks turns around and points something at him. A popping noise and a flash is heard by the chasing officer(this can be seen and heard on the video). So the chasing officer unsure of what he is being shot at with and fearing for his life pulls out his gun and shoots Brooks.
Ya we know it was a tasser because we have the luxury of reviewing the video over and over. But Brooks could have also pulled out a gun that he had hidden in his waist line. A gun the officers didn't catch on a half ass search. These thing happen all the time.
Also during the scuffle one of the officers had his arm wrapped around Brooks head. This would have been a good time for a carotid restraint(AKA choke hold). Had he done this, this incident would have ended differently.
This whole incident is Brook's fault. then you have a P__y ass prosecutor who is obviously biased.

Military mentality in a civilian situation. Who is the trained individual in the situation. Too many options to make death the end result. Many times you have no choice but when there is, what do you do? Why is there such a rush to kill? So many lives are affected so quickly.

Reactions: PatDunn
I’m not sure why this thread was even posted here but let me say this to all of you. Let’s stop playing dumb or like we don’t understand Black men and white men get policed under 2 entirely different sets of rules.

I concede the Brooks guy was in the wrong for grabbing a taser from a cop. All this began because he was drunk in a drive thru, But why does he need to get shot dead from behind?
In contrast , back in 2015 Dylann Roof goes inside a black church in South Carolina and shoots 9 ppl Dead. If you google his name today he is listed as a Mass murderer and White Supremacist. Guess what, this dangerous man who was white got apprehended by the police a full day later without being shot dead.

So how can this be that Police have no trouble exercising restraint and sound judgement arresting a known Mass Murderer? But a drunk and hyper black man wrestling a cop gets killed in a Wendy’s Drive thru by 2 police present. I’m done with this boring debate by complicit people who are pretending an imbalance does not exist. Didn’t Gregg Popovich , the Spurs Coach, admonish the same complicit ppl 2 weeks ago publicly for going along with this nonsense of turning a blind eye to Police Brutality against black men? None of us can escape the blk vs white issues until justice is served for both sides equally on a regular basis

Reactions: cems52
“Justified” or not shooting a person 2 x in the back is total BS.
Specifically from a cop, this was a DUI!
He was running away!
Fuk the DA and his political agenda, however you don't shoot citizens in the back!
Sorry

I’m not sure why this thread was even posted here but let me say this to all of you. Let’s stop playing dumb or like we don’t understand Black men and white men get policed under 2 entirely different sets of rules.

I concede the Brooks guy was in the wrong for grabbing a taser from a cop. All this began because he was drunk in a drive thru, But why does he need to get shot dead from behind?
In contrast , back in 2015 Dylann Roof goes inside a black church in South Carolina and shoots 9 ppl Dead. If you google his name today he is listed as a Mass murderer and White Supremacist. Guess what, this dangerous man who was white got apprehended by the police a full day later without being shot dead.

So how can this be that Police have no trouble exercising restraint and sound judgement arresting a known Mass Murderer? But a drunk and hyper black man wrestling a cop gets killed in a Wendy’s Drive thru by 2 police present. I’m done with this boring debate by complicit people who are pretending an imbalance does not exist. Didn’t Gregg Popovich , the Spurs Coach, admonish the same complicit ppl 2 weeks ago publicly for going along with this nonsense of turning a blind eye to Police Brutality against black men? None of us can escape the blk vs white issues until justice is served for both sides equally on a regular basis
2 entirely different sets of rules? Why is it then that more whites are killed each year by police than blacks, more than twice as many in 2017? More unarmed whites are also killed each year. Why are you referencing Dylan Roof when you could just as easily mention, Tony Timpa, Daniel Shaver, LeVoy Finicum and the many other videos that show whites getting killed. How about that Australian tourist that called the cops and when she went to the drivers door in her nightgown, the cop in the passenger seat shot and killed her. I would not have had a problem if they had just taken Roof out back and shot him, BTW.

Reactions: 4210 and majus12
“Justified” or not shooting a person 2 x in the back is total BS.
Specifically from a cop, this was a DUI!
He was running away!
Fuk the DA and his political agenda, however you don't shoot citizens in the back!
Sorry

So if a guy you are chasing turns around and shoots at you, you are saying you can't shoot back? If you want to live you better. Most people have no idea what they are talking about. They think they do but they don't.

there were 2 cops on scene. Brooks couldn't shoot them both with a taser. also, after he fired and missed with the taser, there was no more threat from said taser. it was fired twice and that's it.

so again, more BS that is not relevant to what actually happened.
You apparently don’t know what a drive stun is

My feeling is —if he was alone he might have been justified. But with a partner with his weapon drawn too? Makes it a little iffy. of course if the deceased had just complied... it’s a moot point

don’t put your life into someone else’s hands especially if you don’t know them. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
The way I try to determine who’s at fault is to pretend each one was my son. (Not at the same time). And in this case I would be disappointed in both of them
You mean the two officers who just got their ass kicked by a drunk guy even with all their Batman utility belt? You may want to rethink that theory.

So your chasing a guy who just kicked the shit out of both the officers. Obviously was willing to do what ever it took to escape. Grabbed one officers taser and shot it at the face of the officer. One of the prongs could have gone into his eye(great bodily injury). Also tried to punch the other officer in the face but missed.
So circumstances are evolving very rapidly. Brooks takes off running, the other officer gives chase. Its night outside so visibility is poor. All of a sudden Brooks turns around and points something at him. A popping noise and a flash is heard by the chasing officer(this can be seen and heard on the video). So the chasing officer unsure of what he is being shot at with and fearing for his life pulls out his gun and shoots Brooks.
Ya we know it was a tasser because we have the luxury of reviewing the video over and over. But Brooks could have also pulled out a gun that he had hidden in his waist line. A gun the officers didn't catch on a half ass search. These thing happen all the time.
Also during the scuffle one of the officers had his arm wrapped around Brooks head. This would have been a good time for a carotid restraint(AKA choke hold). Had he done this, this incident would have ended differently.
This whole incident is Brook's fault. then you have a P__y ass prosecutor who is obviously biased.

You're all over the place with your made up scenarios of what actually happened. First the officers supposedly did their job and ensured Brooks didn't have a weapon. If they couldn't properly search a Perp they shouldn't be cops.

You blamed Brooks for his own murder but no blame for the cops. Brooks was running away from the cops and didn't pose any danger to them. Instead, he was shot in the back 2 times and then kicked to finish him off.

You said the prosecutor was biased. All charges were inline with Georgia laws. I'm certain you also felt the Eric Garner prosecutor was also biased.

good points but in the heat of the moment you really think he is processing all of that? We are talking about literally like 2-3 seconds.
That’s a lot to ask of a cop under duress like that.
And again, this is in no way a black/white issue.
This is like me saying...in the heat of the moment the suspect panicked upon getting arrested and handcuffed.

You are still responsible for your actions. That doesn't excuse you from your responsibility. You are responsible for knowing the taser can't be used further and you are responsible for understanding a running man is no threat to you.

All these excuses is how we got here.

I did but as you know that's Tennessee law not Georgia.
Lmfao are you being serious? I’m giving you the benefit of doubt that you’re being sarcastic and going to let that slide right on by. In case you’re not (which I’m assuming you are) please go read TN v. garner which isn’t TN law but case law rules upon by the SCOTUS and is a huge portion of the foundation of all use of force policy in the United States For law enforcement.

Lmfao are you being serious? I’m giving you the benefit of doubt that you’re being sarcastic and going to let that slide right on by. In case you’re not (which I’m assuming you are) please go read TN v. garner which isn’t TN law but case law rules upon by the SCOTUS and is a huge portion of the foundation of all use of force policy in the United States For law enforcement.

What Georgia law says

Georgia law allows a person to use deadly force "only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person."

In addition, the Atlanta Police policy manual, which was most recently updated last week, says that an officer can use deadly force when "He or she reasonably believes that the suspect possesses a deadly weapon or any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury and when he or she reasonably believes that the suspect poses an immediate threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or others."

So how can this be that Police have no trouble exercising restraint and sound judgement arresting a known Mass Murderer? But a drunk and hyper black man wrestling a cop gets killed in a Wendy’s Drive thru by 2 police present. I’m done with this boring debate by complicit people who are pretending an imbalance does not exist. Didn’t Gregg Popovich , the Spurs Coach, admonish the same complicit ppl 2 weeks ago publicly for going along with this nonsense of turning a blind eye to Police Brutality against black men? None of us can escape the blk vs white issues until justice is served for both sides equally on a regular basis[/QUOTE]

I can agree with much of your statements. Will you agree that the Black Family Culture is 50% of the problem?

No, I wont agree with that statement gcheaney. The black family culture didnt force Officer Derek Chauvin into kneeling on George Floyd's neck in broad daylight 3 weeks ago for 8 minutes. It surely wasnt Black Culture whispering in the ear of Travis McMicheal & his Father in South Georgia to go hunt down Ahmaud Arbery jogging. There is no acceptable reason for these recent examples of hate crimes against Black Men. There was no connection in the commission of these hate crimes with the Black Family Culture to be a reason this happened.
As for Mr. Brooks in Atlanta, that situation is a bit different from the above mentioned and was not a hate crime. But still, the officer reacted inappropriately with his deadly force used. Its clear that Brooks was wrong for reaching for a taser, and being somewhat resistant to arrest. But i do not condone an office shooting anyone unarmed in the back. If we change the skin color of Brooks to a white man drunk at Wendy's, he likely get arrested at the very most or possibly goes home with a Stern warning from one of the Officers on the scene.
I suppose I am asking why doesnt a black suspect get the benefit of the doubt more often with Law Enforcement the same way a Serial Killer, or a Mass Murderer at a church or school gets when he is apprehended for a crime? Cops can definitely exercise proper caution and use sound judgement with these aggressive killers who are not black. Not all cops are bad, but the ones who cant separate their racist attitude or get often trigger deserve the Heavy Hand of the Law sentencing them as a Thug or criminal should be.

Debate this all you want to. Nothing changes . No one is held accountable no more. No respect for law and order = disaster. The black inner city’s will suffer the most while the politicians and the Al Sharpton of the world play them for the power they crave. Nothing changes as long as a young child is taught that successful families are the reason they are living in poverty and it is ok to hate and break the law in the name of social injustice.

So if a guy you are chasing turns around and shoots at you, you are saying you can't shoot back? If you want to live you better. Most people have no idea what they are talking about. They think they do but they don't.
If he has a gun yes, this cop knew he DIDNT!

2 entirely different sets of rules? Why is it then that more whites are killed each year by police than blacks, more than twice as many in 2017? More unarmed whites are also killed each year. Why are you referencing Dylan Roof when you could just as easily mention, Tony Timpa, Daniel Shaver, LeVoy Finicum and the many other videos that show whites getting killed. How about that Australian tourist that called the cops and when she went to the drivers door in her nightgown, the cop in the passenger seat shot and killed her. I would not have had a problem if they had just taken Roof out back and shot him, BTW.

If you feel so strongly that we have bad cops why aren't you out protesting police wrongdoing?

If you feel so strongly that we have bad cops why aren't you out protesting police wrongdoing?
It is gonna be interesting in Tulsa tomorrow night. Trump just tweeted this so you should call your friends and let them know.

Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!

I don't feel strongly that we have bad cops, most of the incidents are justified. Just pointing out once again for the uninformed on here that this doesn't happen to just one group of people. There are some on here cems that don't believe that it ever happens to us privileged white people, when the facts clearly state the opposite.

Reactions: bobbie jo and 4210
God damn right. Don't fight the fuggin police, u don't get shot. My ass will never get shot by the police, not because I'm white, but because I won't do stupid shit and resist a cop. Same as these punk ass kids disrespecting teachers. Can't punish them cause they mamma gonna go the the school and act a fool. It's the shitty ass parents that caused all this mess. Can't even fuggin raise a kid right.

Damn right my man.

You disagree with the police so you should be dead! Do you hear yourself?People's experiences with cops is so different. You could be sitting in your car with your girlfriend next to you and your child in the back seat and be shot dead for what again?

Debate this all you want to. Nothing changes . No one is held accountable no more. No respect for law and order = disaster. The black inner city’s will suffer the most while the politicians and the Al Sharpton of the world play them for the power they crave. Nothing changes as long as a young child is taught that successful families are the reason they are living in poverty and it is ok to hate and break the law in the name of social injustice.

Bobbie Jo i do respect authority. I am black, i love my Canes, i work hard, and i do not have a criminal record. I feel that 90% of the black men and women respect, and even more fear most positions of authority. trust me when i tell you black individuals nor families are sitting around dreaming up how can I interact with police in a most disrespectful manner as possible. No way man.
For the sake of discussion Lets say your own child who's a 25 yr old male goes out to watch a Canes game and have a couple beers in town. On the way home, your son is pulled over by a cop for driving with windows tinted too dark. Your child asks the a law enforcement officer who's a dick a couple questions about "Officer what did i do wrong?", and the officer flies off the handle and demands them to step out the car. the Officer pushes your child to the ground and then kneels on their neck and back until they pass out. Your child comes home roughed up and shaken sharing this nightmare with you.

Now, Are you going to be complicit and say oh well, my son probably wasnt obeying the law, "you deserved it now go to bed". Or are you going to be upset by this and file a complaint, or go further in demanding justice? Sometimes until a situation hits closer to home you then wake up and stop making excuses for what really happened in most of these uncalled for cases of Police Brutality which was at random moments Police have gone wayyy too far with black people definitely, sometimes whites, and people of other ethinicities too. I am not gonna clap for police in these moments and say Good Job you just protected and served our community. I am going to voice my displeasure for abusing their power if that IS WHAT HAPPENED

Bobbie Jo i do respect authority. I am black, i love my Canes, i work hard, and i do not have a criminal record. I feel that 90% of the black men and women respect, and even more fear most positions of authority. trust me when i tell you black individuals nor families are sitting around dreaming up how can I interact with police in a most disrespectful manner as possible. No way man.
For the sake of discussion Lets say your own child who's a 25 yr old male goes out to watch a Canes game and have a couple beers in town. On the way home, your son is pulled over by a cop for driving with windows tinted too dark. Your child asks the a law enforcement officer who's a dick a couple questions about "Officer what did i do wrong?", and the officer flies off the handle and demands them to step out the car. the Officer pushes your child to the ground and then kneels on their neck and back until they pass out. Your child comes home roughed up and shaken sharing this nightmare with you.

Now, Are you going to be complicit and say oh well, my son probably wasnt obeying the law, "you deserved it now go to bed". Or are you going to be upset by this and file a complaint, or go further in demanding justice? Sometimes until a situation hits closer to home you then wake up and stop making excuses for what really happened in most of these uncalled for cases of Police Brutality which was at random moments Police have gone wayyy too far with black people definitely, sometimes whites, and people of other ethinicities too. I am not gonna clap for police in these moments and say Good Job you just protected and served our community. I am going to voice my displeasure for abusing their power if that IS WHAT HAPPENED

Very good points but that’s not what remotely happened in Atlanta.
The guy over powered two cops, was drunk and passed out, swung at a cop, stole his taser and fired it.
I have a 24 year old son who has tons of black friends and there is NO DOUBT his friends are picked on sometimes unprompted by cops.
I’m very good friends with some of his friends dads and the dads have been very clear to their kids: if you’re pulled over, be respectful and comply no matter what.
I absolutely sympathize with blacks and how often you wrongly targeted.
I just know that in almost EVERY instance when a killing is involved - white or black - the suspect resists in some way.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbie jo and JJ13
Very good points but that’s now what remotely happened in Atlanta.
The guy over powered two cops, was drunk and passed out, swung at a cop, stole his taser and fired it.
I have a 24 year old son who has tons of black friends and there is NO DOUBT his friends are picked on sometimes unprompted by cops.
I’m very good friends with some of his friends dads and the dads have been very clear to their kids: if you’re pulled over, be respectful and comply no matter what.
I absolutely sympathize with blacks and how often you wrongly targeted.
I just know that in almost EVERY instance when a killing is involved - white or black - the suspect resists in some way.
i can appreciate you validating these dicey situations do actually happen at times when people are not even looking for trouble. These are the real talks we have to have , we are not all going to sing together and play the guitar but lets keep our eyes open to blatantly wrong things happening to anyone no matter Black, white, asian, hispanic...we are all brothers

Last edited:

Check the stats. Not sometimes whites. All ways will be a bad apple no matter what and it needs to be addressed and correct way when it happens. But what we are seeing is not right. The majority of police are good. The man in Atlanta caused his death was no police brutality going on. The police in Minneapolis needs to be locked away everyone agrees. Looting and riots and Black life’s Matter and Antifa saying all whites people And police are bad is wrong. Thank goodness your a family man . Blaming police and whites for all the inner city problems is just wrong. Way to many Black on Black crime and way to many excuses made just because a person is black. All LIFES matter and all people have to be held accountable. No room for racism on either side. Two wrongs do not make a mistake. Good example. Live PD showed how a lot of people breaking the law disrespected the police. They took it of the air because it exposed the law breakers and showed the truth. What people did to the inner city’s looting and killing can never be justified but yet it has been . And it was people of all color destroying and looting. Our country is not prefect never will be but you have to have law and order.

i can appreciate you validating these dicey situations do actually happen at times when people are not even looking for trouble. These are the real talks we have to have , we are not all going to sing together and play the guitar but lets keep our eyes open to blatantly wrong things happening to anyone no matter Black, white, asian, hispanic...we are all brothers
I totally agree . This is spot on . Best post yet on this subject.

Reactions: 4210
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT