ADVERTISEMENT

Heat open up as 7 point favorites for game 6

Originally posted by canesfanincali:
does anyone watch this crap anymore? Boring stuff if you ask me...
Only 16.2 million people watched last night. And no one asked you.

I think he means does anyone care if the Heat are 7 point favorites. The reason Miami is a favorite is you will hear for the next 2 days before the game how they havn't lost back to back games since January and they have won every game this years playoffs after a loss by doulbe digits. This will not help them in game 6 though as the pressure is totally on the Heat for game 6. The key to game 6 in my opinion is going to be can Chalmers slow down Parker getting into the paint and if I am Miami I take Miller out of starting lineup and go back to UD and have Miller still coming off the bench. Oh and can anyone guard Green!!!!!!! Go Heat

Originally posted by Canesman511:

Originally posted by canesfanincali:
does anyone watch this crap anymore? Boring stuff if you ask me...
Only 16.2 million people watched last night. And no one asked you.
No seriously, who watches blow out games 1 after the other? there has been no less then a 10 point margin of victory in these games... which means they are completely fixed. But hey WWE was fun back in the day.

Side note: 16.2 million, but what type of rating does that equate to?

Originally posted by bkalish77:
Definitely going 7
We'll see kalish but I'm not convinced. I don't bet anymore but if I did I wouldn't bet the Heat to win the series and only make them a very slight favorite to win game 6. We were in the same spot 2 years ago and came out flat/scared against the Mavs. And this is a much better (tougher) team we're playing now, and a team that knows how to win.

I agree - I wouldn't start Miller. He gives great effort but just can't play D to the level we need to, and they're not letting him get a shot off anyway so what's the point? That's one of the many head-shaking story lines in this series - how 2 premier slashers/finishers in LBJ and Wade can't consistently create open looks for our 3 point shooters while the Spurs can seemingly get Green or Neal an open 3 whenever they want.

It's one thing to sag in the paint to prevent Wade and LJ from beating you off the drive, but the spurs are doing it w/out allowing an open look from our 3 point shooters, which is amazing. Indy did similar and these guys are duplicating it. It's been a huge factor in this series imo.

The Heat have proven they not only play great coming off a loss, they straight up destroy their opponents, which is why the are favored by 7. Just win, Just win.

FYI, Heat are -125 to still win it all. We win game 6 were not losing game 7 on our homecourt. Game 6 is the Spurs game 7 IMO. Man game 6 should be a good one. Can't compare this Heat team of 2011. They are more battle tested and the reigning champs, vs 2011 being the 1st year they played together.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Originally posted by banditcane

I think he means does anyone care if the Heat are 7 point favorites. The reason Miami is a favorite is you will hear for the next 2 days before the game how they havn't lost back to back games since January and they have won every game this years playoffs after a loss by doulbe digits. This will not help them in game 6 though as the pressure is totally on the Heat for game 6. The key to game 6 in my opinion is going to be can Chalmers slow down Parker getting into the paint and if I am Miami I take Miller out of starting lineup and go back to UD and have Miller still coming off the bench. Oh and can anyone guard Green!!!!!!! Go Heat
Chalmers should be guarding the Gatorade. I can't even put into words how much I hate him.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by bkalish77:
The Heat have proven they not only play great coming off a loss, they straight up destroy their opponents, which is why the are favored by 7. Just win, Just win.

FYI, Heat are -125 to still win it all. We win game 6 were not losing game 7 on our homecourt. Game 6 is the Spurs game 7 IMO. Man game 6 should be a good one. Can't compare this Heat team of 2011. They are more battle tested and the reigning champs, vs 2011 being the 1st year they played together.
We dodged a BIG one last night my man. The crazy part is that the game played out kind of like I expected - I really didn't see a blowout coming for us unless they just had an awful shooting night or the refs gave us every call in an attempt the extend the series (which clearly didn't happen).

I just don't think these guys are a good match up for us. They have a skilled big man with a big size advantage. They have a great PG who not only finishes as well as anyone, but is a brilliant decision-maker. They have great shooting. And they have the championship experience that negates the one (late-game) advantage we've had over everyone else we've played.

I didn't think this series would be as tough as it has been for us, but I didn't realize the Spurs role players were this good! While we have good role players, they tend to be more one-dimensional. They fill a specific role, whether it's 3 point shooting (Miller, Ray), energy/defense (Bird, Haslem), etc. The Spurs role players are just plain basketball players - they're better all around. K.Leonard is the best example of that - guy does everything well: shoot, drive, defend, rebound. Even Green and Neal have done a good job all season of driving and finishing w/ a floater or hitting the open man when we chase them off the line.

We had no business winning that game with Lebron again struggling down the stretch. And think about this - we got a good games from Miller, Allen, Battier AND Rio, Bird did a decent job on Duncan head up (for once), we got some offense from Wade, and we STILL almost lost that game. It took 2 offensive rebounds (rare for us) followed up with contested 3's made and a missed free throw by Leonard when he could've iced the game JUST to get it to OT. I knew the Spurs wouldn't take the foot off the pedal but we somehow managed to sneak out w/ a W. We have to summon it for 1 more game brother, 1 more game!

(ps - was at the beach w/ family 'til right at tipoff so I didn't see your note to start the Game 7 thread lol, good job stepping up! TDE we need you for game 7 bro!)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT