ADVERTISEMENT

Here is precisely what I would do if I were Mark Richt to fix this team...

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
Because contrary to all this incessant whining I don't believe we are far away from being a good team.

Now this is after all the bowl game and recruiting.

1. I find some people that are respected and trusted to objectively evaluate our offense, special teams, and defense.

I would get professionals to evaluate all of our losses especially breaking down each unit. Then they can give recommendations. You have to find objective professionals to do this. NOT FANS! We will NEVER improve this team with fans making suggestions. Fans are in their feelings. Too passionate about wins....and tend to panic. Fans aren't professionals.

You get a couple of offensive experts to do this. Special teams experts and yes even defensive experts. Let them evaluate the players and the staff in terms of how players are developing.

2. Grad transfers for this offense that improve the quarterback room, the offensive line room. These rooms are just not dominant enough. There just isn't enough leadership here. I just watched the Pitt game again. The offensive line actually played very well. We need consistency here. I think we need to scour the country for a difference maker in both of these rooms. To improve the room immediately. They need maturity.

3. Our special teams has been a huge problem this year. Every bit as huge as our offense. There are too many good athletes on this team for this. We need to upgrade our kicking game. The field goal kicker seems to be settling in but is still pretty average. The Pitt game was an excellent example of what the field position game does for teams. We have to win the field position battle.

Observations

For a dual threat QB N'Kosi doesn't seem like much of a dual threat. He doesn't seem to tuck and run much. The one time he did against Pitt he showed nice speed. I play to his strengths a bit more than we have been. He had a lot of drops but many of them were because the ball wasn't placed right or had too much mustard on it. He needs to work on his touch passes. Especially, in the flats. I would grab a few of these receivers and just drill. Work with them incessantly because there is not any chemistry with these receivers, tight ends or backs.

I'm gonna be honest here. I am not sold on Perry. I'm just not! Now, he could prove me wrong. He could mature and I heard he had some nonsense on his social media yesterday too that he took down. I am just not sold on his mental make up for this position.

In terms of style I prefer Jarren Williams. I just have no idea if he can play. I need to see him get some reps to have any real opinion but as far as a pro set, pocket passer he is what I would prefer. I just don't understand how Perry is supposed to be a dual threat but he doesn't really run much.

Lastly, it isn't really my role to call for coaches jobs. That's Richts role. Not mine. I like to leave the work of professionals to professionals. I am not there every day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.