ADVERTISEMENT

How are black people not pissed at nike?

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
They take materials that cost next to nothing, pay little kids in a work environment over seas next to nothing, that our country would deem harsh, charge hundreds for shoes that Nike is literally preying upon an urban market knowing full well that’s struggling financially?

make no mistake about it. Nike wants every under privileged kid in an urban area to feel like if they’re not wearing their expensive shoes that they’re not shit. Moms working two jobs and on government funding to buy their adolescent growing boys and girls shoes every time they out grow their last pair just to keep up with the jones.

if you’re the real deal and you’re serious about sports, gotta get the nike’s. Is there any argument that nike isn’t preying on urban america?

it’s marketing/peer pressure at it’s worst. It’s targeted and it’s expensive for any social class let alone their target market that has routinely identified them selves as the ones struggling the most financially.

i just don’t get it. It’s like nike is mocking inner city black kids and their parents and they love it. Why?

at one time you could say nike made the best shoes but that really hasn’t been true since the nineties. Now there’s all sorts of smaller companies that make better shoes and yet nike still stands number one in urban america. I just don’t get it.

more over, I’m not black but i did grow up playing play ground ball every day as did most inner city kids. The cement tares up these expensive shoes. Nike knows. In the words of karl marx, don’t think, JUST DO IT!

Last edited:
They take materials that cost next to nothing, pay little kids in a work environment over seas next to nothing, that our country would deem harsh, charge hundreds for shoes that Nike is literally preying upon an urban market knowing full well that’s struggling financially?

make no mistake about it. Nike wants every under privileged kid in an urban area to feel like if they’re not wearing their expensive shoes that they’re not shit. Moms working two jobs and on government funding to buy their adolescent growing boys and girls shoes every time they out grow their last pair just to keep up with the jones.

if you’re the real deal and you’re serious about sports, gotta get the nike’s. Is there any argument that nike isn’t preying on urban america?

it’s marketing/peer pressure at it’s worst. It’s targeted and it’s expensive for any social class let alone their target market that has routinely identified them selves as the ones struggling the most financially.

i just don’t get it. It’s like nike is mocking inner city black kids and their parents and they love it. Why?

at one time you could say nike made the best shoes but that really hasn’t been true since the nineties. Now there’s all sorts of smaller companies that make better shoes and yet nike still stands number one in urban america. I just don’t get it.

more over, I’m not black but i did grow up playing play ground ball every day as did most inner city kids. The cement tares up these expensive shoes. Nike knows. In the words of karl marx, don’t think, JUST DO IT!
In any creed, sex or color,
Let a business owner invest their own $, work 16 hour days, hire people and pay them a decent wage, then live in a nice neighborhood and send their kids to private school and the Brandons say they aren't paying their fair share. Let Nike build a shoe from slave labor for $1, sell it for $200 to poor families, pay Lebron millions to show how ignorant he is and they are virtuous. :eek: :eek:

6dc.png

• Angry
Reactions: central17
Why.? Because Black people are too busy hating on the wrong people!
They should be hating on Nike and other show manufacturers fo promoting very expensive “sneakers “ ( I’m old school) as a status symbol in underprivileged communities.
But the also should be hating on a system that continues to fail them in education and housing , a system that encourages genocide ( abortion) of their people, a system that continues to thrive on the soft bigotry of low expectations.
A system that encourages and supports the destruction of traditional families with a strong Dad .
All brought to them by Democrats!

The cost of sneakers are the least of their problems. Just symptomatic.

Get rid of Teacher unions
Support the traditional family
Allow school choice
Enforce criminal laws
Create a true meritocracy
Put Americans ( of all colors ) interest above all others ( Trump’s bigotry- he preferred Americans , my view too)
That’s the important stuff

In any creed, sex or color,
Let a business owner invest their own $, work 16 hour days, hire people and pay them a decent wage, then live in a nice neighborhood and send their kids to private school and the Brandons say they aren't paying their fair share. Let Nike build a shoe from slave labor for $1, sell it for $200 to poor families, pay Lebron millions to show how ignorant he is and they are virtuous. :eek: :eek:
WOW

This must be a slow day to post this topic. Now I see why Gary is shutting down the Lounge. Boring!!

Yeah, what we need is you with another Trump is a lying POS post. Captivating !!!!

Reactions: 6882

On the list of problems Black people have, I don’t think this makes the top 100.

Why.? Because Black people are too busy hating on the wrong people!
They should be hating on Nike and other show manufacturers fo promoting very expensive “sneakers “ ( I’m old school) as a status symbol in underprivileged communities.
But the also should be hating on a system that continues to fail them in education and housing , a system that encourages genocide ( abortion) of their people, a system that continues to thrive on the soft bigotry of low expectations.
A system that encourages and supports the destruction of traditional families with a strong Dad .
All brought to them by Democrats!

The cost of sneakers are the least of their problems. Just symptomatic.

Get rid of Teacher unions
Support the traditional family
Allow school choice
Enforce criminal laws
Create a true meritocracy
Put Americans ( of all colors ) interest above all others ( Trump’s bigotry- he preferred Americans , my view too)
That’s the important stuff
Posts like this are to thank for the Lounge getting shut down......and why I don't mind seeing it go.

Posts like this are to thank for the Lounge getting shut down......and why I don't mind seeing it go.
The racism that is constantly spewed and then denied is never sanctioned. I don’t believe he will close the lounge. He’s given the ever increasing vitriol far too much voice on these boards for a long time without recrimination. If it it ever was an off topic board, it no longer is. It’s a collection of far right attacks on anything not far right. Maybe he’ll just rename it Wide Right and let it remain because I don’t truly believe he gives two craps about all the bigotry that resides on it.

The most interesting part of it all is that there are any number of forums for this group think to exist. But it’s Ferman’s website and if he wants to allow bigoted posts where white men who claim they don’t see race can’t see the racism of telling black people what they should want while using blackness as a monolithic stereotype then it’s his right.

Won’t be the first or last time black folks are in a space where they have to endure bullocks.

Reactions: claboo
Ellu,
As a regular lounge visitor, I can say that the OP (6882) does not have a pattern of being racist in any way. He is a successful businessman in the hospitality industry. He often posts about the challenges of running a business due to goverrnment regulation and taxation. His typical posts have an economic overtone. His football posts are salient and solid.

I would have worded the title differently but message is clear as it relates to Nike. We all agree that there should be no place in the world for slavery. Nike has some products that are manufactured with Weygar slave labor. To call out Nike for turning a blind eye to slavery seems reasonable and certainly not racist. Nike is an American success story and certainly entitled to make a profit. But in today's political climate, a President's policies result in over doubling of gas prices; then that same president goes on national television to say that Oil executives are greedy and the cause for high gas prices. So what is wrong with an individual saying that Nike should move its manufacturing out of China and reduce prices to working families?

Eliminating the Lounge will not eliminate racism. There is as much or more racism on the War Room. But eliminating the Lounge will eliminate a long standing forum that allows people of differing views to have a discussion and maybe/hopefully learn something.

Last edited:
Ellu,
As a regular lounge visitor, I can say that the OP (6882) does not have a pattern of being racist in any way. He is a successful business in the hospitality industry. He often posts about the challenges of running a business due to goverrnment regulations and taxations. His typical posts have an economic overtone. His football posts are salient and solid.

I would have worded the title differently but message is clear as it relates to Nike. We all agree that there should be no place in the world for slavery. Nike has some products that are manufactured with Weygar slave labor. To call out Nike for turning a blind eye to slavery seems reasonable and certainly not racist. Nike is an American success story and certainly entitled to make a profit. But in today's political climate, a President's policies result in over doubling of gas prices; then that same president goes on national television to say that Oil executives are greedy and the cause for high gas prices. So what is wrong with an individual saying that Nike should move its manufacturing out of China and reduce prices to working families?

Eliminating the Lounge will not eliminate racism. There is as much or more racism on the War Room. But eliminating the Lounge will eliminate a long standing forum that allows people of differing views to have a discussion and maybe/hopefully learn something.
Didn't Trump have his ties manufactured in some low wage ghetto overseas?

Ellu,
As a regular lounge visitor, I can say that the OP (6882) does not have a pattern of being racist in any way. He is a successful business in the hospitality industry. He often posts about the challenges of running a business due to goverrnment regulations and taxations. His typical posts have an economic overtone. His football posts are salient and solid.

Appreciate that. Anyone that knows me knows that I don’t have a racist bone in my body. I might be politicly incorrect as hell = conservative on a political spectrum but if I was was hypothetically racist, I’d probably be dead by now if you knew the circles I run in. If a lot of the black folk I run with were white, even they’d be considered racist for basically not agreeing with a hundred percent of what they see on the left that they/we don’t like. So ultimately what happens is these friends of mine and there are a lot of them get tight casted as uncle toms, boot lickers, a lot of the time by white democrats. How is that not racist? The worst thing that can happen to race relations is censorship and self segregation.

the only thing that can heal racism (and it goes both ways) can’t have one with out the other, it takes two to tango, what comes up must come down reality… is surround your self with as many people as you can that don’t look like you and open up two way dialogues and not just the ones that agree with you.

i am more than happy to welcome ellu to my restaurant and would go as far as to say, I’d show him a great time and make it worth his wild. It’s ok that he doesn’t agree with me on politics. There’s more to life than just politics. Can’t let this shit segregate us like the politicians want us to.

Last edited:
On the list of problems Black people have, I don’t think this makes the top 100.
If you don’t think slavery over seas and the urban black community here that’s CLEARLY being exploited financially cracks your top 100, that’s a problem with in the black community. You can’t say that white people need to be more proactive in taking a stance with wrong doing against the black community and to speak out against it, only to turn around and tell me I should turn a blind eye when I see it. You can’t have it both ways. I only posted this thread because i care.

Last edited:
Reactions: central17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT