ADVERTISEMENT

I hate to say it and agree with Gary but this is a 3 year rebuild.

greglloyd1214

SuperCane
Apr 3, 2011
First of all we need a COMPLETE overhaul of the OL and I think Manny needs to go after THE VERY BEST OLINE COACH out there. Stop ****ing around. The Oline is key. We are missing an ELITE possession receiver that can be used in the red zone. I think we are in good shape at RB and TE. I do like Jarren and I do think he will be very good but I don't think the "GREAT MIAMI QB" is on this roster.

On defense, Rumph HAS TO COME UP BIG. If these DBs are getting lit up, then what's Rumph's worth ??? He's gotta recruit ELITE corners. Bandy is great and all but lets be real, he got exposed last night and our other DBs (Blades and Ivey) are just not that good and definitely not elite or maybe its a combination of Blake not putting these guys in a good position to succeed. Who knows but I still think we need AT LEAST one or two ELITE corners. I think we will be good at Safety.

Again, on Blake, I'm not sure if the LBS are just not elite or the new system is not allowing them to be great but three senior LBs that were supposed to be the strength of our team look out of place on every call.

I'm not going to turn on Manny because I do think these kids are playing their hearts out and in the teams of the past, they would of all folded. We had a HUGE opportunity to not only win this game but Florida too. I think we're just as close as 2-0 to 0-2.

All the praise on Enos might be a little over hype. I think he's very good but there are some plays that you kind of wonder. The UF game when our online was getting destroyed and not rolling out the QB or calling plays to slow them down then yesterday not taking shots in the end zone. At times, I thought I was looking at CMR's play book.

I honestly thought if we lose more than 2 games, this year would be a huge disappointment because our schedule is the worse in 30 years. Its still possible but we needed to win games like last night to a team that won 4 games last year with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

I see a lot of good with this team and I do think we will continue to get better. Its still early. They just have to put it together for 60 minutes. Thankfully we have 3-4 games coming up with scrub teams and hopefully they will use that time to improve to when we get to the meat of our schedule.

I think its EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that we run the table or maybe only lose one more because of the recruiting. You finish 9-3 or 10-2, with FSU imploding, then you have a chance to get a top ten class to set you up in the future and fill the needs I just discussed. A record of 8-4 IMO would be a HUGE SETBACK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News