ADVERTISEMENT

I just received an antibody test and it said i had it and i am 52 years old

I don't trust the hospital stats. It's like trusting the ticket office when they say they have sold 50,000 season tickets or trusting the stadium announcer when he says the attendance was 55,000 when we all know it was 25k. Any and all death certificates these days are not trustworthy. Have a massive heart attack while being Covid positive? You died of Covid. Get hit by a truck while Covid positive? You died of Covid. Jump off a bldg because you can't stand being quarantined due to you positive Covid test? You died of Covid.

Antibody tests can be false positives from prior coronavirus infections. the antibody tests have not been vetted in large population studies and correlated with previous positive antigen tests for Covid19. But of those with positive Covid antigen tests only about 20 percent have symptoms and only 5 percent get significant symptoms with about 0.1-2 percent dying.
Also theories abound as to the variable clinical presentation, Half the patients who die die from cytokine storm(overreaction of the immune system).-most are elderly. We know that t suppressor cell populations which regulate the immune response decline with age and can lead to diseases such as Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Temporal Arteritis in the elderly. We know the ACE 2 receptor is the vehicle for the virus entering the cell and those can vary based on race.
Is it also possible that prior exposure and infection with more recent Coronaviruses might produce antibodies and memory cells programmed against Coronaviruses particularly in younger patients,whereas those memory cells induced in older patients have died off and their antibodies to coronavirus have waned as opposed to younger people whose exposure may be more recent.(That is my own theory)
The H1N1 1918 Flu epidemic appeared to present the opposite picture with a preferential for younger patients presuming they lacked antibodies to H1N1 that their parents may have had. Remember much of of it was spread by younger soldiers in trenches that they brought back to their homes in WW1. It was called the spanish flu but it really originated in China (no surprise)
Some fool replicated the 1918 virus from DNA from dug up corpses and claims it replicated faster than any virus he has ever seen. Anthony(grim reaper) Fauci says they are "monitoring" an H1N1 pig virus that can infect humans in China . Whatever the hell that means.

Reactions: krvanness
This virus is just unprecedented and extremely puzzling, even to all the experts. What other virus causes so many people to die, yet no symptoms in so many others? And on top of that it superspreads from people who are asymptomatic. Tell me another illness like this one - this is why there is so much debate.

This virus is just unprecedented and extremely puzzling, even to all the experts. What other virus causes so many people to die, yet no symptoms in so many others? And on top of that it superspreads from people who are asymptomatic. Tell me another illness like this one - this is why there is so much debate.
The flu. All the experts come up with a vaccine for it each year and they are wrong from time to time even though we've been dealing with it for over 100 years. Even with a vaccine 100's of thousands still die each year from it around the world.

Reactions: krvanness
The flu. All the experts come up with a vaccine for it each year and they are wrong from time to time even though we've been dealing with it for over 100 years. Even with a vaccine 100's of thousands still die each year from it around the world.
No, not exactly. People do not spread flu as much before they are symptomatic like with COVID. Some studies show viral shedding is actually higher before you show symptoms with COVID. It's not like that with flu. It's easier to stop the spread if you know when you are contagious.

Last edited:
No, not exactly. People do not spread flu before they are symptomatic like with COVID. Some studies show viral shedding is actually higher before you show symptoms with COVID. It's not like that with flu. It's easier to stop the spread if you know when you are contagious.
No, not exactly. People do not spread flu before they are symptomatic like with COVID. Some studies show viral shedding is actually higher before you show symptoms with COVID. It's not like that with flu. It's easier to stop the spread if you know when you are contagious.
Where do you people come up with this BS? This is the Director General of the WHO's opening remarks to the media on March 3. "First, COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza, from the data we have so far. With influenza, people who are infected but not yet sick are major drivers of transmission, which does not appear to be the case with COVID-19." It appears that the World Health Organization disagrees with your downplaying of the flu's ability to spread when you show no symptoms.

Where do you people come up with this BS? This is the Director General of the WHO's opening remarks to the media on March 3. "First, COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza, from the data we have so far. With influenza, people who are infected but not yet sick are major drivers of transmission, which does not appear to be the case with COVID-19." It appears that the World Health Organization disagrees with your downplaying of the flu's ability to spread when you show no symptoms.
Dude, that was March 3. The facts have changed dramatically since that time. WHO was flat out wrong. If you are still believing things said in March you are terribly misinformed. We also heard the death rate was 5 percent back then, but it's really more like 0.5% now.

As for the ability for flu to have a higher viral shedding before showing symptoms than after...you will have to prove that one. I have never seen data to support that. But I'll believe you if you show me a credible source.

Here are three quick studies I found in 2 minutes. There are plenty more.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejme2009758
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0869-5
https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...ymptomatic-COVID-19-patients-finds-study.aspx

Dude, that was March 3. The facts have changed dramatically since that time. WHO was flat out wrong. If you are still believing things said in March you are terribly misinformed. We also heard the death rate was 5 percent back then, but it's really more like 0.5% now.

As for the ability for flu to have a higher viral shedding before showing symptoms than after...you will have to prove that one. I have never seen data to support that. But I'll believe you if you show me a credible source.
What does being wrong about the COVID part of that statement have to do with the fact that those without symptoms form the flu are "Major drivers of transmission in spreading it?" I can understand them being wrong early on about a new virus like COVID-19 but the flu has been studied for over 100 years so you'd think that the WHO knows what they're talking about with that virus.

Last edited:
I hear that argument but its hard to classify. Someone who is 95 in so-so health could still live years but if Covid cuts their life short isn't that still a death from covid? If that same person died in a car accident we wouldn't just say they died because they were old. I get it that this is less black and white but I don't think there is a mass fraud reporting scheme going on. Hospitals may receive something from Govt but that doesn't mean the doctor does. I have a lot of doctor clients and I can't see any of them fraudulently reporting deaths from Covid even if they could make an extra 10-15k. It's not worth going to jail or losing their license. Do I think there have been zero cases of fraudlent covid reporting? absolutely not but I'd doubt its widespread. Even if we said 20% of all deaths are fraud which would be absurdly high, we would still have over 100k legitimate deaths assuming that no one died from Covid and was categorized as anything else.

Long of the short is that we can argue about the numbers and maybe they're slightly higher or lower than reported, but the difference is likely small in the big picture. This virus has killed a lot of people.

Just a few examples from this area back in May...

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/05...county-coroner-alcohol-poisoning-covid-death/

When police in Cortez, Colorado were called to Cortez City Park early on the morning of May 4, they found Sebastian Yellow, 35, lying on the ground and called it out as a code “Frank,” meaning Yellow had died, according to a police report obtained by CBS4.

Within a week, local Montezuma County Coroner George Deavers determined Yellow had died of acute alcohol poisoning, his blood alcohol measured at .55, nearly twice the lethal limit.

“It was almost double what the minimum lethal amount was in the state”, said Deavers, during an interview with CBS4.

But Deavers said that before he even signed the death certificate, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment had already categorized Yellow’s death as being due to COVID-19 and it was tabulated that way on the state’s website.

“I can see no reason for this”, said Deavers.

Yellow’s death is the latest in Colorado raising eyebrows over the way the CDPHE is reclassifying deaths that runs contrary to what doctors and coroners initially ruled.

Last month, a CBS4 Investigation revealed the state health department reclassified three deaths at a Centennial nursing home as COVID-19 deaths, despite the fact attending physicians ruled all three were not related to coronavirus.

In each case, the residents had tested positive for COVID-19, but in each case, on-scene doctors ruled the deaths were not related to the virus. Still, in their official tally, the state increased the number of coronavirus deaths at the Someren Glen facility from four to seven, based on the disputed deaths.

Antibody tests can be false positives from prior coronavirus infections. the antibody tests have not been vetted in large population studies and correlated with previous positive antigen tests for Covid19. But of those with positive Covid antigen tests only about 20 percent have symptoms and only 5 percent get significant symptoms with about 0.1-2 percent dying.
Also theories abound as to the variable clinical presentation, Half the patients who die die from cytokine storm(overreaction of the immune system).-most are elderly. We know that t suppressor cell populations which regulate the immune response decline with age and can lead to diseases such as Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Temporal Arteritis in the elderly. We know the ACE 2 receptor is the vehicle for the virus entering the cell and those can vary based on race.
Is it also possible that prior exposure and infection with more recent Coronaviruses might produce antibodies and memory cells programmed against Coronaviruses particularly in younger patients,whereas those memory cells induced in older patients have died off and their antibodies to coronavirus have waned as opposed to younger people whose exposure may be more recent.(That is my own theory)
The H1N1 1918 Flu epidemic appeared to present the opposite picture with a preferential for younger patients presuming they lacked antibodies to H1N1 that their parents may have had. Remember much of of it was spread by younger soldiers in trenches that they brought back to their homes in WW1. It was called the spanish flu but it really originated in China (no surprise)
Some fool replicated the 1918 virus from DNA from dug up corpses and claims it replicated faster than any virus he has ever seen. Anthony(grim reaper) Fauci says they are "monitoring" an H1N1 pig virus that can infect humans in China . Whatever the hell that means.
Good OL’ Fauci

I battled Covid-19 for 10 days and am taking a test tomorrow where I expect to be cleared negative.

I was in self-quarantine after there was a small breakout of cases in my building. Been about what I have expected. Low to moderate fever, low to moderate dry cough, low to moderate diarrhea. Only thing which has been tougher than I expected is the extreme fatigue that I have been experiencing. Covid-19 can really drain the shit out of you. But I drink Pedialyte to hydrate, Tylenol to manage my fever, and eat lots of fruits and vegetables to keep my body nourished.

It’s basically a bad flu episode. Never once did I think my life was in peril. Just have to be patient and manage and keep going day by day. I can see why most younger, healthier people like me can grind through it at home while our bodies fight it off; I can also see why this Covid-19 poses such a major risk to older people and people with compromised immune systems.

bottom line is wearing masks works. Social distancing works. Practicing good hygiene works. Hospitalization rates and death rates are grossly low, and that’s good. We’re going to have to live with it, But we have a civic responsibility not to carelessly expose vulnerable people to Covid-19.
People I've spoken to that have had reiterate 1 common theme that this virus wants you in bed laying around. These same people will tell you that you must fight like hell against that because laying there allows your lungs to fill up. They say you MUST force yourself to walk around exercising your lungs several times a day or it gets worse. Happy to hear you are on the road to recovery brother.

I battled Covid-19 for 10 days and am taking a test tomorrow where I expect to be cleared negative.

I was in self-quarantine after there was a small breakout of cases in my building. Been about what I have expected. Low to moderate fever, low to moderate dry cough, low to moderate diarrhea. Only thing which has been tougher than I expected is the extreme fatigue that I have been experiencing. Covid-19 can really drain the shit out of you. But I drink Pedialyte to hydrate, Tylenol to manage my fever, and eat lots of fruits and vegetables to keep my body nourished.

It’s basically a bad flu episode. Never once did I think my life was in peril. Just have to be patient and manage and keep going day by day. I can see why most younger, healthier people like me can grind through it at home while our bodies fight it off; I can also see why this Covid-19 poses such a major risk to older people and people with compromised immune systems.

bottom line is wearing masks works. Social distancing works. Practicing good hygiene works. Hospitalization rates and death rates are grossly low, and that’s good. We’re going to have to live with it, But we have a civic responsibility not to carelessly expose vulnerable people to Covid-19.
Damn, I knew you were out protesting and looting, you closet lib! Get well!

First off, I’m glad you’re doing well and feeling okay. And secondly, thanks for recognizing that this virus is not a hoax (like a lot of idiots think) and, while it may be no big deal for some people, it can be absolutely deadly for others. Hang in there, and keep feeling better, brother!

Reactions: advarkas
People I've spoken to that have had reiterate 1 common theme that this virus wants you in bed laying around. These same people will tell you that you must fight like hell against that because laying there allows your lungs to fill up. They say you MUST force yourself to walk around exercising your lungs several times a day or it gets worse. Happy to hear you are on the road to recovery brother.

Thanks. no idea about the lungs filling up thing. Makes sense though. I tried to walk at least 1 block up and 1 block down with the dog every day to at least get fresh air, and consistently worked on both breathing techniques and improving oxygen intake.

Reactions: BreakingCane
"I'm sure it happens"
So you are SURE it happens, but you are equally SURE it's on a small scale. OK.
There has been nothing at all to suggest that it happens on a large scale. I know it’s weird in 2020 but I’m a facts guy.

Because not everyone has the same reaction you did. Just ask the 130,000 that have died so far.[/QUOTE
Average age of those who died over 65.. most with serious underlying medical conditions..over 40% in nursing homes (thanks Cuomo). If you’re young, healthy stop watching CNN and enjoy your lives

Reactions: 801canesmxer
First off, I’m glad you’re doing well and feeling okay. And secondly, thanks for recognizing that this virus is not a hoax (like a lot of idiots think) and, while it may be no big deal for some people, it can be absolutely deadly for others. Hang in there, and keep feeling better, brother!

Thanks man, appreciate it. I’m ready for football.

Reactions: JusticeCanes
It's all pure coincidence we closed the economy after never making such a move, right Hoya?
Never before in the history of man was a group so excited to see death and financial destruction as were the democrats. That’s just the truth.
The worse it got the happier they were standing on the sidelines and second guessing ever move , including the one that shutdown the influx of Chinese ( of course the have amnesia now)
But I find the debate here useless. It is dangerous disease for those my age with normal medical conditions. People 69 all have HPB, diabetes 2 or pre, are overweight or have heart or circulation issues or some variation thereof. I’m careful about going out. My wife is much much younger than I . She is the shopper , not me . She wants me alive , at least so long as I’m still working
It’s scary and I don’t want to deal with this like my friend AJ. Varkas is a young healthy guy, an athlete. His result is likely far better than mine
But this is all likely irrelevant because the actual facts have been politicized and the media has created an hysteria that controls the narrative.
There will little compromise on the question of college football. Many schools will not open their campus. Thus no football. No football for some means no football for all. If USC doesn’t open their team will not be allowed to play. They are not going to open some dorms to allow the paid gladiators to participate, at least I don’t think so. That will create a ripple affect.
In our conference, if the Virginia baby killer, black face Governor says no ball for his state Schools - it’s over for the year
Again the actual numbers really don’t matter. It’s serious enough to generate the current hysteria
Which in turn will absolutely affect our football and basketball seasons. To what degree? Who knows

You make a lot of sense.

Glad you are feeling better!!!

i remember having a cold last month and nobody that is close to me (Family or friends) has it or tested positive. I wear a mask in public an at the office about 75 percent of the time.

I feel 100 percent right now (never better)

Question:

Why is everybody still freaking out over this?
Because the media has the country/globe in fear, how anyone thinks wearing masks will inhibit the transfer of a pathogen is beyond me.

did you ever think that some don't get the flu vaccine? millions of people fail to get the flu vaccine each year in the US alone. there are people that think the flu vaccine makes people sick so they don't get it.

if everyone got the flu vaccine each year it wouldn't be around much at all. i know common sense is hard for you to process since you don't wear a mask to protect others and yourself from covid.

Because the media has the country/globe in fear, how anyone thinks wearing masks will inhibit the transfer of a pathogen is beyond me.
why do doctors wear masks during surgery then? why do construction workers wear masks doing demo where mold is around or spraying paint?

so how did Europe and Asia bring their numbers way down with covid?

if you have a mask on it's much harder to infect people or get infected. how does that not make sense to you?

Reactions: kimzkr
Link to admission of production of numbers?

They are not a for profit company.

Established by Congress as an independent, nonprofit organization, the CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission.
If you don’t think the CDC is turning a profit through a multitude of “ Side gigs “ , then I don’t know what to tell you... you’re premise is correct in that CDC was set up as non profit , but that’s not how they operate... example 1A is hydrochloroquine... drug was working , but it’s too cheap and inventory was too high , thus eliminating profits... put race wars, CV, Politics to the side and know that our country is solely about CREAM ( Cash Rules Everything Around Me) and that Trumps ( pun intended) everything ... $ is the bottom line and the root of all evil

Reactions: utatem
did you ever think that some don't get the flu vaccine? millions of people fail to get the flu vaccine each year in the US alone. there are people that think the flu vaccine makes people sick so they don't get it.

if everyone got the flu vaccine each year it wouldn't be around much at all. i know common sense is hard for you to process since you don't wear a mask to protect others and yourself from covid.
Since the vaccine is nothing more than a guess as to which strains will be more prevalent each year Mr smart guy, what happens when they get the vaccine wrong for the year, which they do from time to time. And are you saying that you are that contemptuous of those that can't afford to get a flu shot, that you won't wear a mask for them in flu season? Either you wear the mask for both of these deadly contagious viruses or you are a hypocrite, plain and simple. If you think that the people that I see wearing masks after they pull them from their pockets or grab them from their car where they've been sitting for weeks without washing is going to stop the virus then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just about every mask wearer I see is also constantly touching them and then touching items that others come in contact with.

Since the vaccine is nothing more than a guess as to which strains will be more prevalent each year Mr smart guy, what happens when they get the vaccine wrong for the year, which they do from time to time. And are you saying that you are that contemptuous of those that can't afford to get a flu shot, that you won't wear a mask for them in flu season? Either you wear the mask for both of these deadly contagious viruses or you are a hypocrite, plain and simple. If you think that the people that I see wearing masks after they pull them from their pockets or grab them from their car where they've been sitting for weeks without washing is going to stop the virus then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just about every mask wearer I see is also constantly touching them and then touching items that others come in contact with.
does every scientist and doctor have it wrong across the world? every single gov't just shut down business for no reason. wait, Sweden and a few other might not have.

when did the CDC say to wear a mask every flu season? when did business worldwide shut down for the regular flu? you don't think doctors and scientists are truthful when they tell us what a big difference it is? it's just some conspiracy world wide against Trump, who i voted for by the way?

Trump and Pence have a hard time saying it but they've encouraged people to wear masks.

does every scientist and doctor have it wrong across the world? every single gov't just shut down business for no reason. wait, Sweden and a few other might not have.

when did the CDC say to wear a mask every flu season? when did business worldwide shut down for the regular flu? you don't think doctors and scientists are truthful when they tell us what a big difference it is? it's just some conspiracy world wide against Trump, who i voted for by the way?

Trump and Pence have a hard time saying it but they've encouraged people to wear masks.
This has nothing to do with Trump for me. Are you saying that wearing masks will not help stop the spread of flu whether some gov agency tells you to do it or not? We didn't shut down America when the Hong Kong Flu was killing 100,000 of us in fact most of us never knew much about it. No shutdowns, no ruined economy, and no fear.

i remember having a cold last month and nobody that is close to me (Family or friends) has it or tested positive. I wear a mask in public an at the office about 75 percent of the time.

I feel 100 percent right now (never better)

Question:

Why is everybody still freaking out over this?
We’re supposed to just take your word on this?

Just FYI as the son of a biologist and brother of a public heath official - the antibody tests can be extremely unreliable depending which one you got. There can be up 20 percent false positive. Many colds are actually types of coronavirus and can make them test positive for COVID-19. Very suspicious that everyone you were around wouldn’t have gotten it as well. But you also may have had it! A lot of people are asymptomatic but some get super sick so yeah not a big deal to those that are asymptomatic.
I have a friend who had it...the people living with him ...his son and girlfriend....and ppl he worked with ..noone got it either....

Cute charts but do any of them say that those without symptoms of the flu can not spread it as you falsely claimed?
Look, I think you are misunderstanding me. I agree that this virus is way overblown by the liberal media. For most people, most people, it is a bad flu...some not even that bad. But it is different than flu because NOBODY had immunity when it started. That makes it spread so much faster, so too many people get it at once...and then it can overwhelm hospitals in certain areas. That has never happened before

This has nothing to do with Trump for me. Are you saying that wearing masks will not help stop the spread of flu whether some gov agency tells you to do it or not? We didn't shut down America when the Hong Kong Flu was killing 100,000 of us in fact most of us never knew much about it. No shutdowns, no ruined economy, and no fear.
I agree. Don't shut it down..but we should be smart and wash hands and social distance and wear masks because that does help. Shutting down bars right now in Florida is also necessary

Look, I think you are misunderstanding me. I agree that this virus is way overblown by the liberal media. For most people, most people, it is a bad flu...some not even that bad. But it is different than flu because NOBODY had immunity when it started. That makes it spread so much faster, so too many people get it at once...and then it can overwhelm hospitals in certain areas. That has never happened before
That's fair St Pete. It's not like I would never wear a mask and I don't have a choice right now in Salt Lake County anyways until Aug 20 as they have just mandated them. I never made a fuss at businesses that required them before the mandate, I respected their rights as a business to make that choice. I simply went elsewhere and made my choice too..I do prefer not wearing one but at the same time I tried to stay as far away from others as possible.

Reactions: St. Pete Cane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT