ADVERTISEMENT

I think Democrats are going to fall in a trap & play this wrong for election

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
At first I thought this won't be good for Repubs in upcoming election. I still hold to that in very Blue States where we might have picked up seats in the House.
But that's about it.
I think Democrats will now revert to their old playbook and run around the country screaming abortion on the campaign trail.
But times have changed and priorities have shifted.
Most people in most states will be in the audience listening...........................and wondering how they will afford groceries, gas to get to work, and their monthly bills.

That's the trap I think they will fall into.

People who were firmly entrenched on one side or the other on abortion were likely already voting that way. I don't think it will cause a big ripple in how voting goes.
The problems that Republican's have is the whiny evangelista's that supposedly support conservative policy, but like to get into a snit over any little thing that is not perfect and not vote. In 2020 they complained that Trump did mean tweets and didn't vote. We got Biden and they got mandates. How did that work out for them?. That scenario has happened a lot. They are not as loony as the green weenies, but they sure are annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: vivijane
At first I thought this won't be good for Repubs in upcoming election. I still hold to that in very Blue States where we might have picked up seats in the House.
But that's about it.
I think Democrats will now revert to their old playbook and run around the country screaming abortion on the campaign trail.
Most people in most states will be in the audience listening...........................and wondering how they will afford groceries, gas to get to work, and their monthly bills.

They are losing 55 seats imo.....with or without the Scotus decision.

The problems that Republican's have is the whiny evangelista's that supposedly support conservative policy, but like to get into a snit over any little thing that is not perfect and not vote. In 2024 they complained that Trump did mean tweets and didn't vote. We got Biden and they got mandates. How did that work out for them?. That scenario has happened a lot. They are not as loony as the green weenies, but they sure are annoying.
Not in 22 friend. Times are tough, people respond to tough especially financially.

But that's about it.

I hope they fall and can't get out.

I think this cry and act like babies and attacking proabortion centers and judges will turn off some moderate Dem voters. The uneducated nuts were voting Democratic anyway. So maybe a negative effect. The Republicans got this turned the right way through the courts (no violence etc) and knew it would happen as evidence by the trigger laws in many states.

I don't see it changing a significant number of people's minds.
My point is simple;
They know an azz kicking is coming. They have no answer for that azz kicking. They are probably thrilled (politically) that they can now go back to their old playbook abortion.
It won't work but you can bet your very last dollar they will try to use it on every campaign trail in the next 90 days.
That's the trap.

Reactions: canes2019
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT