ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon decriminalized drugs lets see how this stupidity is working out more liberal nonsense

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
First let me preface by saying I have lost people in my life to drugs. Addiction is a terrible disease for which there is no known cure. The people NEED help but have to WANT help. Most addicts don't get help until and unless they " bottom out."
Jail was a way of bottoming out for a % of drug addicts. Not all, as many will go right back to drugs upon exiting jail.
Oregon:
Last fall Oregon voters decriminalized possession of small amounts of almost all hard drugs, taking a groundbreaking step away from the arrest, charge and jail model for possession that's been a centerpiece of American drug policy since President Richard Nixon declared his War on Drugs 50 years ago this week.

After 50 Years Of The War On Drugs, 'What Good Is It Doing For Us?'

THE WAR ON DRUGS: 50 YEARS LATER

After 50 Years Of The War On Drugs, 'What Good Is It Doing For Us?'

Overdose Deaths Rose During The War On Drugs, But Efforts To Reduce Them Face Backlash

THE WAR ON DRUGS: 50 YEARS LATER

Overdose Deaths Rose During The War On Drugs, But Efforts To Reduce Them Face Backlash

Oregonians overwhelmingly passed Measure 110 that makes possession of small amounts of cocaine, heroin, LSD and methamphetamine, among other drugs, punishable by a civil citation — akin to a parking ticket — and a $100 fine. That fee can get waived if you get a health screening from a recovery hotline.

Listen to this article

0:00 / 4:54
1X
BeyondWords
The streets of downtown Portland, Oregon, resemble an open-air drug market.

Heroin, meth and fentanyl use is rampant and often visible on city streets. Portland police officers drive by homeless addicts buying and using.

The signs of drug addiction are actually increasing throughout the state, according to law enforcement sources. Oregon ranks second-highest among U.S. states for substance abuse with nearly one in five adults addicted.

Since passing only 116 people have called for help.
Drug usage is rising not falling.
Deaths from OD rising
Petty crimes like theft rising

And the number of people in treatment to get off drugs is declining.

FAILURE should be the first name for Democrats.

Reactions: mahb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT