ADVERTISEMENT

I Think That Brevin Jordan Can Be A First Team, All-American TE This Year, And A First Round Pick.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Three reasons, all of which work with each other:

(1) Rhett Lashlee- it all starts with the OC, and I am CONFIDENTLY optimistic that this new offensive system is going to be a "night-and-day" contrast to the shit show that was Enos' offensive system last year. Frankly, I think that Harley is going to have more than 1,000 receiving yards, Cam will be around 900 rushing yards, and Brevin will between 900-1000 receiving yards with 10-12 TDs. When Rhett was hired as OC, I psoted a thread about SMU's TE Kylen Granson's story, and how he had a remarkable turnaround under Rhett Lashlee. I strongly suggest taking a look at that thread again.

(2) D'Eriq King
- having a spread offensive system is fundamental to the skill players' success, but right there with that is having a smart, athletic, experienced QB who can deliver the football at the right time, with the right trajectory, and with the right velocity. King is not an elite thrower, but is a good thrower, and combined with his leadership, athleticism, and overall experience playing in a competitive, quality American Athletic Conference, gives someone like Brevin Jordan the change to maximize his production, especially down in the redzone.

(3) Other Solid Skill Players- having solid skill players around Brevin will require opposing defenses to stay more honest more of the time, and having attention on more than one guy. Cam is a homerun threat, Harley can make plays, and there are younger guys who are likely to emerge over the course of the season. Also, Will Mallory is a good TE himself.

So, looking at all three of these things together, I think that our offense will obviously be much better, and that naturally means that individual players will be more productive. That said, I think Brevin is going to have a MONSTER year for us, especially since he is most likely to declare early for the NFL, and will want to have his draft stock as high as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News