ADVERTISEMENT

Incredulously, some of you are ignorantly and uncaringly asking why, Blake James felt the need to:

Impaler

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Felt compelled to comment on the events surrounding the MURDER of George Floyd???

Here let me copy and paste this most disrespectful of a post from one of you...and I quote...

“Why would he get involved and drag the schools name with him...this guy can’t get out of his own way.”

“AND DRAG...DRAG!!!...THE SCHOOLS NAME.” ...I am not uncertain, but I’m pretty sure that the (80-90%) of the Black athletes that make up the majority of his (Football, basketball and track teams), prolley applaud his statement...just a hunch.

Here’s my response to your ignorantly-insensitive fcukin post (Mr. GOCANES!!!) and to anyone on this forum or in the nation at large that think like you obviously do...

“Oh I dunno, Blake James felt it necessary to post that message because what happened to Mr. Floyd could easily and potentially happen to one or more of the (Black) players or students of the university he works for...or maybe, just maybe he simply thinks what happened to (George Floyd and so many UNARMED BLACK PEOPLE at the hands/knee/guns of some sick, soulless, unapologetic, NEVER held accountable for their grievous actions (Police Officers) is absolutely horrendously fcuked up. And I am not uncertain, but I’m pretty certain that all the Black students enrolled at said university appreciates that statement and sentiment...Just like the students/players/faculty of the many other coaches and admin.’s across the country that have also spoken out. And the fact that you IGNORANTLY stated...”Why would he get involved and DRAG...DRAG!!!...the schools name with him.” tells me all I need to know about you and your feelings toward this issue...And it’s that total LACK of understanding, empathy and support for an obviously fcuked up situation by non-black people such as yourself, is why shit will never change...And while we’re at it, why don’t you ask...why most men...stand with women in denouncing RAPE, or why do most human beings stand up and decry pedophilia, child abuse, spousal abuse, animal abuse, sexual assaults, political abuse, white collar crimes, hate crimes, anti-Ghay sentiments, anti-Semitic crimes, NAZI’s, The KKK,...need I go on???...it’s called “SUPPORT THY FCUKIN FELLOW MAN...Fcukin loser...Chief Justice Thurgood Marshall said it best...

-"There is a price to be paid for division and isolation. Democracy cannot flourish amid Hate, nor can Justice take root amid Rage. We must dissent from our indifference toward one another, we must dissent from the apathy, we must dissent from the fear that keeps us separated from thy fellow man"~Thurgood Marshal~

Lsstly, thx. the Good Lord up above, and judging by the ethnically diverse countenance of the protesters in EVERY city...many non-Blacks don’t share the same apathetic mindset of people like (Mr. GOCANES!!!)...the rioting, burning, looting and attacking of Police notwithstanding...cause maybe THIS time, things may HOPEFULLY start to change...but I ain’t holding my breath...Many Blessings to all...and for those that decide to wipe their collective asses with this cause...I implore you to ALWAYS remember...”KARMA IS A BITCH, AND SOMETIMES SHE’S IN HEAT.”

Last edited:
No...my post was in DIRECT response to a Blake James post that was posted in the War Room...

Did they charge the cop with murder ?
(3rd) Degree & Manslaughter...but I see (hopefully) the murder charge being upped to (2nd) Degree...once they prove that what showed on video was accurate...One of the Paramedics physically verified that the victim had NO PULSE and was heard on video/audio verbalizing as such, so the murderer heard him as well, yet he kept his knee and pressure on the victim’s neck for an additional (1:52) after the “He has no pulse” decree...which could and should very well fall under INTENT to end life, what other reason would one still feel the need to suppress a persons airway with such force??? BTW, the day after the murdering cop was arrested, his wife of ten years field for divorce...speaks volumes...you know the prosecution is gonna put her on the witness stand...

I am very very confused...I have not watched tv or read news since corona virus hijacked it. I assumed the violent protests were because there was no justice in arresting and charging with murder and trial.

Or is this another one of those where people hijack the protest to cause destruction?

So is OP mad at Blake James, the posters who responded, or both?

So is OP mad at Blake James, the posters who responded, or both?
I’m Pissed and incensed at the forum members who are blasting Blake for officially commenting on the situation as a UM employee...like...”How dare he get involved in something that doesn’t/shouldn’t concern him or the university at large.” Which is patently absurd, due to the plethora of African Americans student-athletes enrolled in the university that he serves as AD. Why woukd he NOT feel compelled to comment, even if it were mostly for optics and for the sake of being PC

@Impaler - If anyone is asking you to (1) explain who you’re pissed at, (2) play the “Huh? What’s going on?” card or (3) redirect to a “Blake James sucks” comment....don’t bother. This is them choosing to not acknowledge this for what it is.

From me and I’m hoping many others, thanks for your post! Very well written!

Reactions: Impaler
So the OP is a criminal law expert opining the distinction between Murder 2 and 3 under Minnesota law ? And that isn’t a political statement belonging in the lounge ?
I don’t have a clue about a two gap vs a 3 gap cover 5 , safety strong defense
But , even as a civil law Practioner I know that the charges asserted fit the facts as have been described
It was a callous disregard of humans life. He. Did not specifically intend on the result ( death) and that can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt the standard of proof necessary. So take this to the lounge where can continue my lecture on the issue of the necessary intent on a murder case
Oh I have no trouble with Blake’s Statement
Everyone wants to see better policing and racial justice. It’s like Mom and Apple pie

I’m Pissed and incensed at the forum members who are blasting Blake for officially commenting on the situation as a UM employee...like...”How dare he get involved in something that doesn’t/shouldn’t concern him or the university at large.” Which is patently absurd, due to the plethora of African Americans student-athletes enrolled in the university that he serves as AD. Why woukd he NOT feel compelled to comment, even if it were mostly for optics and for the sake of being PC

Did he also condem the violent riots also?

You’re right about me not being the moderator or police here. But I fixed it for you!
Lol OK thanks man. It was in context but too much to explain here on why it was. Have fun fixing people and go canes

I'll chime in..

Of course the George Floyd situation is a Travesty beyond measure and Justice should prevail here within the boundaries of the law..

It is our RIGHT as Americans to Protest.... PEACEFULLY.. against any such tyranny brought on by these are other governmental situations and

I understand that everyone is Angry and upset......

HOWEVER...

That does not give citizens the RIGHT to start Burning Buildings and Looting.......... Those people who are taking part in those kinds of acts should also be arrested and Prosecuted to the Maximum Extent the Law allows..

In Summation... PEACEFUL PROTESTS Ok.. Whats going on around the Country with all the Violence.. NOT OK

As for Blake James and his statement.. I think he should have left it alone.. You don't see Athletic Directors around the country chiming in on this.. If I'm wrong.. Someone enlighten me.. For me.. Its for the Courts now.. And not Anarchy Justice

(3rd) Degree & Manslaughter...but I see (hopefully) the murder charge being upped to (2nd) Degree...once they prove that what showed on video was accurate...One of the Paramedics physically verified that the victim had NO PULSE and was heard on video/audio verbalizing as such, so the murderer heard him as well, yet he kept his knee and pressure on the victim’s neck for an additional (1:52) after the “He has no pulse” decree...which could and should very well fall under INTENT to end life, what other reason would one still feel the need to suppress a persons airway with such force??? BTW, the day after the murdering cop was arrested, his wife of ten years field for divorce...speaks volumes...you know the prosecution is gonna put her on the witness stand...
Autopsy results showed no asphyxiation. The actions of that officer I believe at minimal, were a negligent contributing factor though. Dr Michael Baden was hired by the Floyd family to conduct a second autopsy at which point his preliminary findings were heart disease and drug intoxication. He won’t announce his completed findings until the toxicology comes back which may take a little while. It’s take 6-8 weeks for me to get mine back on a death investigation. Based off of his preliminary findings though my guess is Excited Delirium will be cause of death. Contributing factors will be the positional asphyxiation and drugs in Floyd’s system coupled with ongoing heart disease.

just being real as I don’t believe a jury will look at those factors and find a guilty verdict for Murder 3 much less an upgraded charge to Murder 2.

my personal opinion is he’s guilty as sh-t of manslaughter and being a f’ing asshole!

Okay, then I agree with you.

Autopsy results showed no asphyxiation. The actions of that officer I believe at minimal, were a negligent contributing factor though. Dr Michael Baden was hired by the Floyd family to conduct a second autopsy at which point his preliminary findings were heart disease and drug intoxication. He won’t announce his completed findings until the toxicology comes back which may take a little while. It’s take 6-8 weeks for me to get mine back on a death investigation. Based off of his preliminary findings though my guess is Excited Delirium will be cause of death. Contributing factors will be the positional asphyxiation and drugs in Floyd’s system coupled with ongoing heart disease.

just being real as I don’t believe a jury will look at those factors and find a guilty verdict for Murder 3 much less an upgraded charge to Murder 2.

my personal opinion is he’s guilty as sh-t of manslaughter and being a f’ing asshole!
Spot on analysis.
Prosecutors have an ethical obligation to only bring charges that reasonably believe will carry the burden of proof in all elements. Actual intent ) Mens Rea in Latin ) is needed. And there was no premeditation for any first degree charge
As I said , the DA got it right with the charges
Mobs don’t dictate charges in our society. At least they shouldn’t

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
I'll chime in..

Of course the George Floyd situation is a Travesty beyond measure and Justice should prevail here within the boundaries of the law..

It is our RIGHT as Americans to Protest.... PEACEFULLY.. against any such tyranny brought on by these are other governmental situations and

I understand that everyone is Angry and upset......

HOWEVER...

That does not give citizens the RIGHT to start Burning Buildings and Looting.......... Those people who are taking part in those kinds of acts should also be arrested and Prosecuted to the Maximum Extent the Law allows..

In Summation... PEACEFUL PROTESTS Ok.. Whats going on around the Country with all the Violence.. NOT OK

As for Blake James and his statement.. I think he should have left it alone.. You don't see Athletic Directors around the country chiming in on this.. If I'm wrong.. Someone enlighten me.. For me.. Its for the Courts now.. And not Anarchy Justice

I am pretty sure Blake isn't condoning illegal actions in his post. Perhaps if you read it again, it focuses on the support of equality. That's all. He can't address everything in his post. Obviously it is a very complicated situation but at the end of the day. A black man died needlessly by those sworn to protect. This is a problem that has been going on in this country since its origins. The other stuff pales by comparison.

Spot on analysis.
Prosecutors have an ethical obligation to only bring charges that reasonably believe will carry the burden of proof in all elements. Actual intent ) Mens Rea in Latin ) is needed. And there was no premeditation for any first degree charge
Yeah, and what about that fcuker keeping his knee on dudes trachea for (1:52) AFTER he was told by emergency responders that dude had NO PULSE and was lifelesś....WHERE’S THE POTENTIAL THREAT FROM A LIFELESS NEAR CORPSE...Cause in my law book, that constitutes INTENT...I’ll wait...

Spot on analysis.
Obviously First Degree would be a stretch at best...but I believe (2nd) Degree may be attainable cause...what about that fcuker keeping his knee on dudes trachea for (1:52) AFTER he was told by emergency responders that dude had NO PULSE and was lifelesś....WHERE’S THE POTENTIAL THREAT FROM A LIFELESS NEAR-CORPSE OF A BODY??? How could he have still been RESISTING, or how was he a threat to the officers or the public at large??? ...Cause in my law book, that constitutes INTENT...”It’s like dude is trying to force a woman to have sex, and as she’s saying no and fighting back, you knock her out cold, rape her and when you get arrested for rape, your defense was it was consensual cause she didn’t say no when you did the act” And all that heart disease this, drug history that, diabetes this, high blood pressure that, Sagittarius this, loves fried foods that...same shit they did with the (Eric Garner) case...the bottom fcukin line is...IF THE SERIAL KILLING OFFICERS IN EITHER CASE, DID NOT EXECUTE THE CHOKE HOLD/OR KNEE THRIAT PRESSURE TO EITHER VICTIM, THEY WOUKD NOT HAVE DIED DURING THOSE INTERACTIONS...

Last edited:
So the OP is a criminal law expert opining the distinction between Murder 2 and 3 under Minnesota law ? And that isn’t a political statement belonging in the lounge ?
I don’t have a clue about a two gap vs a 3 gap cover 5 , safety strong defense
But , even as a civil law Practioner I know that the charges asserted fit the facts as have been described
It was a callous disregard of humans life. He. Did not specifically intend on the result ( death) and that can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt the standard of proof necessary. So take this to the lounge where can continue my lecture on the issue of the necessary intent on a murder case
Oh I have no trouble with Blake’s Statement
Everyone wants to see better policing and racial justice. It’s like Mom and Apple pie
The Killer kept his knee firmly and securely planted on the victims throat/trachea area for (1:52) AFTER it was verbalized for all to hear that the victim had NO PULSE...even the bystanders who were the furthest away filming the modern day LYNCHING, heard the First Responder paramedic verbalize that, and they repeated those exact words out loud several times...”HE HAS NO PULSE.”..
“BRO, HE HAS NO PULSE.”...”DUDE HE NOT MOVING.”...so I don’t want to hear...”He didn’t hear the call of NO PULSE.”....So in keeping the pressure on the victims neck after the call of NO PULSE...I’m no Perry Mason or Roy Black...but to me, that constitutes INTENT...Plus, his (Killer Cop) wife left him and filed for divorce as soon as he was arrested and out of the house...lol...fcukin loser!

The question is did he. Addressing one and not the other. Is hypocrisy.
Truth be told, I've seen several head coaches/admin. personnel drop dime on it...and to a man, none have seemed inclined....for whatever reason/s... to mentioned the violence/looting/rioting/arson ...

All the looting and rioting is just frustration of the fact that this problem is ignored for so long. Pretty much hundreds of years in this country. It's just frustration that's all....and of course if you aren't the one frustrated you can't relate to why people would be this destructive.

We all have things we are passionate about that make us behave out of character. Looting and Rioting certainly is not my style but I understand it.

Reactions: Impaler
All the looting and rioting is just frustration of the fact that this problem is ignored for so long. Pretty much hundreds of years in this country. It's just frustration that's all....and of course if you aren't the one frustrated you can't relate to why people would be this destructive.

We all have things we are passionate about that make us behave out of character. Looting and Rioting certainly is not my style but I understand it.
Not your “style?” What a degenerate. You still have not condoned it, which says so much about you and how unAmerican you are. In America, we don’t get to break the law because we are frustrated. By this logic, you believe the cop was justified in killing George because was frustrated with black crime? He’ll no, you make no sense. Law and order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT