ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Question For Boxing Fans

honeyiv

SuperCane
Jan 17, 2007
Prime Holmes vs Wilder and Joshua. What would be the odds that Holmes could beat both in the same month. Even money?

Holmes was a much better boxer/technician,in his prime....best jab in the biz...knew when to move and when to close..jmo

In one month would be a hell of a challenge even for Holmes in his prime. But I would go out on a limb and say yes. It also might depend on who he fights first between the two. I don't follow boxing like you do Honey but it seems Wilder has a propensity to go a little wild in the heat of the moment when throwing punches. Holmes was smart, superbly conditioned and strong as an ox. I believe he could get Wilder to go wild and dispatch him fairly early and thus still have something in the tank. Joshua might take Holmes further and thus might take more out of Holmes and a longer recovery time

Prime Holmes vs Wilder and Joshua. What would be the odds that Holmes could beat both in the same month. Even money?
In his prime he would beat both in 6 months. In the same month his hands would be to sore from bouncing off of their heads.

Holmes was always in control; he was a disciplined fighter. Had controlled aggression. Wilder tries for the knock out too often. Holmes is nicknamed "The Easton Assassin" . His hometown is Easton, Pa. An Assassin operates with calmness, discipline, poise. Holmes would prevail in the later rounds by causing Wilder to battle fatigue & punch himself out.

Meh. When I first moved to Utah one of my neighbors was Lamar Clark. He once knocked out 4 or 5 guys in one night. It would have been one more but the last guy slipped out of the gym before it was his turn. Yes they would be considered "tomato cans" and Lamar will never be confused with the all time greats. Interesting though that Lamar still holds the record for consecutive KO's at 44 in a row. He fought out of the same stable as the Fullmer brothers back in the day. Lamar was a very good guy and I'm glad I was able to call him my friend until he passed away.

Last edited:
Reactions: quincycane
Holmes was always in control; he was a disciplined fighter. Had controlled aggression. Wilder tries for the knock out too often. Holmes is nicknamed "The Easton Assassin" . His hometown is Easton, Pa. An Assassin operates with calmness, discipline, poise. Holmes would prevail in the later rounds by causing Wilder to battle fatigue & punch himself out.

I owe you a drink!

Meh. When I first moved to Utah one of my neighbors was Lamar Clark. He once knocked out 4 or 5 guys in one night. It would have been one more but the last guy slipped out of the gym before it was his turn. Yes they would be considered "tomato cans" and Lamar will never be confused with the all time greats. Interesting though that Lamar still holds the record for consecutive KO's at 44 in a row. He fought out of the same stable as the Fullmer brothers back in the day. Lamar was a very good guy and I'm glad I was able to call him my friend until he passed away.

Mixer. Was nice to meet you at the game last season. Is this the guy you are talking about? Because he was in the ring with Ali. That's INSTANT cred. But his last fight was before you were born!

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/9367

Last edited:
Reactions: 801canesmxer
Mixer. Was nice to meet you at the game last season. Is this the guy you are talking about? Because he was in the ring with Ali. That's INSTANT cred. But his last fight was before you were born!

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/9367
Always nice to see you too and will be looking forward to it again this year. Yes that is the same guy and no I never saw him fight but through his stories it felt like I did. Interesting about his fight with Ali is that when he went to Louisville for the fight, he was furnished with a sparring partner. During sparring, the other guy head butted Lamar and broke his nose. The guy turned out to be a friend of Ali/s. My memory is off but it was either Jimmy Young or Jimmy Ellis. Not that it would have made a difference but can you imagine getting into the ring with Ali with a freshly broken nose? Lamar was one of those tough miner kids that would have benefited greatly if the bouts would have been fought in a telephone booth. He gave me a photo of him and Ali that was signed by both of them. Like I said, I considered him a friend and was very blessed to have met him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT