ADVERTISEMENT

John Lewis

GLFSTRM

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2010
Another POS race hustler about to bite the dust. Jackson, Sharpton, on the clock...

Real classy. It's amazing that politics has gotten to a place that people celebrate someone that they disagree with being diagnosed with a fatal illness. I don't agree with the man on everything but he is a patriot and has done more for this country than most can ever hope to. You sir are total scum.

Reactions: cems52
John Lewis is a Civil Rights leader....and you are acting like a POS showing your disrespect. He isn't a race baiter because he fights for equality and marched side by side with MLK. Was MLK a race baiter too? No, he was a civil rights leader and vital to American History for equal rights.

Reactions: cems52 and kbreeze
Real classy. It's amazing that politics has gotten to a place that people celebrate someone that they disagree with being diagnosed with a fatal illness. I don't agree with the man on everything but he is a patriot and has done more for this country than most can ever hope to. You sir are total scum.
It's disgusting and I stand by what I have said repeated that these are just horrible people. Who says stuff like this about people with cancer? It's just sad.....and I am proud to have been a witness to what John Lewis has accomplished with his life to serve his country in the interest of equal rights.

He hasn't done shit, lived off the back of racism his whole life. Fck you and those POSs like him.

He hasn't done shit, lived off the back of racism his whole life. Fck you and those POSs like him.
Be careful evil people because carma can touch your entire personal family with cancer!!

...and fck you to. Your racist heroes are disgusting to normal people.
And you're normal tough guy!! Lol Gary this is our possible next active shooter, he fits the FBI profile!! Its been noted!!

Listen BLM, no one outside of your hood gives a rat's butt about this racist clown.
Listen up evil man you're on a UM football website opening up your pie hole about a man that fought for equality for people of color and guest what color the greatest players that ever played for UM are?

The man was on the front lines of the civil rights movement. He was on the bridge getting beaten on bloody Sunday. Oh I forgot, you think how blacks were treated back then was perfectly fine. Typical Trumper. Blame everyone but yourself for how miserable you are. Try getting yourself or seeing a psychiatrist. Better yet try both.

Reactions: kbreeze
Pancreatic Cancer is a beast. My Dad passed away from that damn disease 33 years ago. Not much they can do. I hope he pursues some outside the box treatments. Chemotherapy is hell on earth.
God Bless him as he battles this.

Typical Trumper lou ? I’m not miserable at all . I’m giddy as all Hell . Seems to me you leftists are the miserable ones . Looks like you’re gonna have another 5 years to look for a safe space

Reactions: majus12
Pancreatic Cancer is a beast. My Dad passed away from that damn disease 33 years ago. Not much they can do. I hope he pursues some outside the box treatments. Chemotherapy is hell on earth.
God Bless him as he battles this.
Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad also passed away from cancer....lung cancer. I don't wish that even on my worst enemies. That's just being human. Beyond this.....John Lewis fought for others and literally took beatings by racist during the civil rights movement in non violent protest to help people who were mistreated. I will always respect him for that because there was nothing in it for him except jail and beatings back then. A truly great American.

Reactions: krvanness
The man was on the front lines of the civil rights movement. He was on the bridge getting beaten on bloody Sunday. Oh I forgot, you think how blacks were treated back then was perfectly fine. Typical Trumper. Blame everyone but yourself for how miserable you are. Try getting yourself or seeing a psychiatrist. Better yet try both.

Imagine how rampantly racist one would have to be to consider people who marched in the civil rights movement as "POS race hustlers".

1920.jpg

Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad also passed away from cancer....lung cancer. I don't wish that even on my worst enemies. That's just being human. Beyond this.....John Lewis fought for others and literally took beatings by racist during the civil rights movement in non violent protest to help people who were mistreated. I will always respect him for that because there was nothing in it for him except jail and beatings back then. A truly great American.
I haven't always agreed with his politics to be sure, but like Jimmy Carter, he's a good man and has always been passionate about fighting for Civil Rights. Outside of the Charles Manson types of the world, no one deserves to be dealt a terminal illness. Cancer is a business, and I'm very cynical when it comes to treatments as it's all a part of a big time money grab. I think the last thing any of these big time charities want is a cure. I am on the email list for the Pancreatic Action Network and all they ever do is lobby Congress for funding. It's all about the dollars.

Sorry noobs, had to step away to go see Jumanji with the family.

You guys are gullible and soft minded. Guys like Lewis and McCain took a moment in time and stretched it into 30 years of political welfare. Championing causes for political gain and enriching themselves along the way. Lewis, like most in his era, fancied himself a civil rights guru because he walked with MLK. He milked the opportunity and spent his earned goodwill thereafter labeling anyone and everyone who didnt agree with him a racist, for decades. McCain did exactly the same thing, championing himself Mister VA while vets were treated as second class citizens, for decades.

There are real heroes in this country that die every day, honorable black, brown and white, without any fanfare.

You guys are pathetic.

You guys are gullible and soft minded. Guys like Lewis and McCain took a moment in time and stretched it into 30 years of political welfare. Championing causes for political gain and enriching themselves along the way. Lewis, like most in his era, fancied himself a civil rights guru because he walked with MLK. He milked the opportunity and spent his earned goodwill thereafter labeling anyone and everyone who didnt agree with him a racist, for decades. McCain did exactly the same thing, championing himself Mister VA while vets were treated as second class citizens, for decades.

There are real heroes in this country that die every day, honorable black, brown and white, without any fanfare.

You guys are pathetic.

How does Mr. Bone Spurs stack up with your definition of heroism? Honestly posting back and forth with people like you is a such a waste. Typical stupid racist Trumper. And that's coming from a white guy that served. And if I know your kind, which I do, you haven't served any cause greater than yourself in your entire life. Hence your original post. You're nothing but scum. Exactly what is wrong with this country.

How does Mr. Bone Spurs stack up with your definition of heroism? Honestly posting back and forth with people like you is a such a waste. Typical stupid racist Trumper. And that's coming from a white guy that served. And if I know your kind, which I do, you haven't served any cause greater than yourself in your entire life. Hence your original post. You're nothing but scum. Exactly what is wrong with this country.
Lou, you're a clown. You dont get brownie points for being white, you are a pansy liberal who idolizes conmen like Lewis and McCain because you're told to. People like you are a dirty disease in this country. Fck off you pssy.

I haven't always agreed with his politics to be sure, but like Jimmy Carter, he's a good man and has always been passionate about fighting for Civil Rights. Outside of the Charles Manson types of the world, no one deserves to be dealt a terminal illness. Cancer is a business, and I'm very cynical when it comes to treatments as it's all a part of a big time money grab. I think the last thing any of these big time charities want is a cure. I am on the email list for the Pancreatic Action Network and all they ever do is lobby Congress for funding. It's all about the dollars.
Yep....and cancer doesn't care about politics but talk about a racket? The healthcare industry has been robbing people of all backgrounds off blind and profiting off of illness. I follow politics but it doesn't define how I look at people. I never understood how people allow parties to define who they like or dislike etc. You can not like someones politics and still have respect for them as human beings if you are an adult.

Reactions: krvanness

You guys are pathetic.

I am very disappointed in what you have posted in this thread. It's vile and racist. I thought your political rehtoric was driven by political differences. I was wrong. Your posts hightlight deep seated animus towards minorities especially African Americans. Whether you're railing against Obama, Elijah Cummings or in this case John Lewis it seems to always have a racist slant.

Your attempt to throw John McCain into this discussion is a deflection from your racist point of view. I can see through that and most on this site would agree. The fellas on the left that post in the Lounge have always shown the proper respect for the passing of folks with a different political view. This was the case for John McCain, Bush Sr and his wife. You cannot find a post from me where I disrespected the dying or the dead, regardless of their political view.

For these reasons our bet on the outcome of the 2020 presidential race is off. Win or lose, I will not break bread with a person who would disrespect people who have fought and given their lives for my freedom.

Yep....and cancer doesn't care about politics but talk about a racket? The healthcare industry has been robbing people of all backgrounds off blind and profiting off of illness. I follow politics but it doesn't define how I look at people. I never understood how people allow parties to define who they like or dislike etc. You can not like someones politics and still have respect for them as human beings if you are an adult.
That's right. Going back to pancreatic cancer, my Dad was diagnosed with it in 1984. Treatments? Radiation and Chemotherapy. 35 years later? Radiation and Chemotherapy. Think of the technological advances we've had over that period. We're using one of many right now as we communicate on this thread. Yet, time has seemingly stood still when it comes to the disease of Cancer despite BILLIONS of dollars thrown at it. There was a wiz kid by the name of Jack Andraka who came up with a Urine test 7 years ago that detected Pancreatic Cancer while it was in Stage 1, the curable stage. 60 Minutes did a segment on him. He won a $75,000 College Scholorship for his study. But of course, it was mired in red tape and the FDA and fell into some black hole never to be seen again. The last thing the American Cancer Society, Susan B. Komen, Pancreatic Action Network, or any of the dozens of cancer charities want is a cure. It's not good for business.

Reactions: cdwright40
I am very disappointed in what you have posted in this thread. It's vile and racist. I thought your political rehtoric was driven by political differences. I was wrong. Your posts hightlight deep seated animus towards minorities especially African Americans. Whether you're railing against Obama, Elijah Cummings or in this case John Lewis it seems to always have a racist slant.

Your attempt to throw John McCain into this discussion is a deflection from your racist point of view. I can see through that and most on this site would agree. The fellas on the left that post in the Lounge have always shown the proper respect for the passing of folks with a different political view. This was the case for John McCain, Bush Sr and his wife. You cannot find a post from me where I disrespected the dying or the dead, regardless of their political view.

For these reasons our bet on the outcome of the 2020 presidential race is off. Win or lose, I will not break bread with a person who would disrespect people who have fought and given their lives for my freedom.
Oh boo hoo hoo. You call EVERYONE that doesn't agree with you a racist, give me a freakin break. My point is clear, I think Lewis, Cummings and those that have spent there political careers calling people racist are the real racist. I think that whatever goodwill they earned early in their careers went south quickly when given a political forum. I think people like McCain are the SAME false "heroes", I was just as hard on him as the others and you know it. Why can't you see that these people are phonies?

Oh boo hoo hoo. You call EVERYONE that doesn't agree with you a racist, give me a freakin break. My point is clear, I think Lewis, Cummings and those that have spent there political careers calling people racist are the real racist. I think that whatever goodwill they earned early in their careers went south quickly when given a political forum. I think people like McCain are the SAME false "heroes", I was just as hard on him as the others and you know it. Why can't you see that these people are phonies?

I did not agree with John McCain politically but the man was principled and a war hero. That in itself deserves your respect. Folks like John Lewis, Cummings, Jackson and Sharpton have carried on the fight started by MLK but in a different world. A world where racism is not about denying people their right to eat at a public diner but instead a world where people are still denied their right to vote. Yes it still exists. This fight must go on!!

I suspect if MLK were alive today you would feel the same about him. He too called people racists throughout his short career but in a different manner due to the times. If racism wasn't what he was talking about then what the hell was it?

This ain't the 60s and none of the people you listed are MLK. You should be ashamed for listing Jackson and Sharpton as civil rights activists, they are nothing more than conmen, shake down artists looking for a score.

As I said before, what started as a potentially honorable intention morphed into political grandstanding and self enrichment. Both examples are equally disgusting and unfortunately accurate.

This is soon to be 2020 Cems, people being labeled racist because they support a particular political candidate, which happens daily in this lounge, can do some labeling of their own. You dish it out, you take it.

You guys are pathetic.
Stop trying to clean it up.... comments were already made..... truly disgusting comments.

Reactions: cems52
This ain't the 60s and none of the people you listed are MLK. You should be ashamed for listing Jackson and Sharpton as civil rights activists, they are nothing more than conmen, shake down artists looking for a score.

As I said before, what started as a potentially honorable intention morphed into political grandstanding and self enrichment. Both examples are equally disgusting and unfortunately accurate.

This is soon to be 2020 Cems, people being labeled racist because they support a particular political candidate, which happens daily in this lounge, can do some labeling of their own. You dish it out, you take it.

Calling someone a racist has nothing to do with party affiliation but instead their words and deeds. I have called Trump a racist based on his words and deeds. I can point out Trump's NY housing discrimination suit as a deed that suggests he is a racist. Another example is his actions around the Central Park 5 case in NY. He called for the death of 5 minority youths for a crime later proven they did not commit. But Trump still refuses to apologize. The entire Birther issue with Obama is all about racism. Has he ever questioned any white man's place of birth?

Calling someone a racist has nothing to do with party affiliation but instead their words and deeds. I have called Trump a racist based on his words and deeds. I can point out Trump's NY housing discrimination suit as a deed that suggests he is a racist. Another example is his actions around the Central Park 5 case in NY. He called for the death of 5 minority youths for a crime later proven they did not commit. But Trump still refuses to apologize. The entire Birther issue with Obama is all about racism. Has he ever questioned any white man's place of birth?
People can be sued by anyone, especially in NY. Do you think people's ability to pay or criminal backgrounds matter. How do you know his motive, many companies have been accused of similar BUSINESS practices. Why must he cater to a particular group if he thinks it hurts his rental business? Many of these lawsuits were politically motivated to begin with, no different than what he is experiencing today. Wake up Cems. Obum was a racist number one and a liberal with a sketchy background as well. Why is it racist if he thinks Obum was a fraud or simply doesn't like his policies or maybe him personally? You assign race to things automatically. You don't know his or anyone's intentions, you just don't like the guy. Maybe he doesn't like Obum. I have no background on the CP5 deal, I'll have to take your word for it, if true, a big mistake. How do you reconcile all this with prison reform, enterprise zones, etc? Is he just pandering for the black vote? Kind of strange he's actually doing these things instead of promising these things to a constituency that didn't help him get elected in the first place.

People can be sued by anyone, especially in NY. Do you think people's ability to pay or criminal backgrounds matter. How do you know his motive, many companies have been accused of similar BUSINESS practices. Why must he cater to a particular group if he thinks it hurts his rental business? Many of these lawsuits were politically motivated to begin with, no different than what he is experiencing today. Wake up Cems. Obum was a racist number one and a liberal with a sketchy background as well. Why is it racist if he thinks Obum was a fraud or simply doesn't like his policies or maybe him personally? You assign race to things automatically. You don't know his or anyone's intentions, you just don't like the guy. Maybe he doesn't like Obum. I have no background on the CP5 deal, I'll have to take your word for it, if true, a big mistake. How do you reconcile all this with prison reform, enterprise zones, etc? Is he just pandering for the black vote? Kind of strange he's actually doing these things instead of promising these things to a constituency that didn't help him get elected in the first place.

You are just screwing with us right? Anyone can be sued by anyone? WOW is all I can say. The department of justice sued him....lmao.....not "People". The United States government sued him and his racist dad because they put decoys out there to confirm the complaint Minorities had submitted to the DOJ. The found the complaints to be accurate. Moreover, after they cut a deal they were caught again. Just because you want to call me racist and everyone else racist because we are not aligned with your political nonsense, that doesn't make what actually happened any more invalid. Trump is a proven racist. Not someone we are just calling racist as a defense mechanism. You should get background on the CP5 but you never will because you don't really give a shit.

Why would any company continue to lease apts to people who don't have the ability to pay? You of all people should know this Lemming.

Why would any company continue to lease apts to people who don't have the ability to pay? You of all people should know this Lemming.
I don't think you understand what happened and are trying to cover by calling me names. Completely natural. Obviously they knew the people who were denied could pay prior to bringing the suit. That wasn't even Trumps defense. He got caught red handed. They had actors. I already told you this. Do you understand what the word actor or decoy means? They had people who were qualified to rent there and were of color. Now please, stop pretending any of this would matter to someone like yourself or Trump.

I did not agree with John McCain politically but the man was principled and a war hero. That in itself deserves your respect. Folks like John Lewis, Cummings, Jackson and Sharpton have carried on the fight started by MLK but in a different world. A world where racism is not about denying people their right to eat at a public diner but instead a world where people are still denied their right to vote. Yes it still exists. This fight must go on!!

I suspect if MLK were alive today you would feel the same about him. He too called people racists throughout his short career but in a different manner due to the times. If racism wasn't what he was talking about then what the hell was it?
Sharpton? Tawana Brawley says hello. MLK was a great man but at the end of the day he was still just a man. Allegations of his infidelity run rampant but I'm guessing that it is different with him than it is with Trump. Folks like Lewis, Cummings, Jackson and Sharpton are exactly who Booker T Washington was talking about when he made this quote. "There is a certain class of race problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the people." Good thing those guys weren't around in Booker T's day or they would have convinced him that he was too oppressed to succeed in the way that he did.

Reactions: utatem
Sharpton? Tawana Brawley says hello. MLK was a great man but at the end of the day he was still just a man. Allegations of his infidelity run rampant but I'm guessing that it is different with him than it is with Trump. Folks like Lewis, Cummings, Jackson and Sharpton are exactly who Booker T Washington was talking about when he made this quote. "There is a certain class of race problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the people." Good thing those guys weren't around in Booker T's day or they would have convinced him that he was too oppressed to succeed in the way that he did.
That same quote by Booker T, fits you well. Read it again and you'll see what I mean.

I don't think you understand what happened and are trying to cover by calling me names. Completely natural. Obviously they knew the people who were denied could pay prior to bringing the suit. That wasn't even Trumps defense. He got caught red handed. They had actors. I already told you this. Do you understand what the word actor or decoy means? They had people who were qualified to rent there and were of color. Now please, stop pretending any of this would matter to someone like yourself or Trump.
Companies don't turn away profit unless there is a risk to obtaining it. You think they would turn away tenants intentionally to lose money? Sending a decoy means what? They had been leasing for years, knew who they were dealing with.

Actually, never cared much for Al Sharpton after Brawley. He should have apologized for the ordeal.....but he still at least tries to fight for people less fortunate. I respect that.

But why do certain people not of color prejudge every person of color that does the same thing. Al Sharpton and John Lewis are two entirely different people with two entirely diffrent backgrounds.

Companies don't turn away profit unless there is a risk to obtaining it. You think they would turn away tenants intentionally to lose money? Sending a decoy means what? They had been leasing for years, knew who they were dealing with.
You are living in a fantasy land because I don't have to think anything. I already know. It was already proven.

Also would love to point out that wasn't the only time it was proven Trump is a racist. He took out a full page ad for capital punishment for the CP5 after it was "proven" they are innocent. Who does that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT