ADVERTISEMENT

Juneteenth

hawaiian cane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2003
Honolulu, Hawaii
Does anyone else think that his rally in Tulsa is a setup??? The date and location are triggering to African Americans. So what motive is behind this??? There could be totally peaceful protesters, but could be infiltrated by bad actors who instigate violence. #45 will probably have the National Guard or some other para military group present, ready to "restore order." #45 then says, "see I told you protestors are violent. I am the "law & order president." His base will cheer. This is an election stunt.
I hope I'm wrong.

Does anyone else think that his rally in Tulsa is a setup??? The date and location are triggering to African Americans. So what motive is behind this??? There could be totally peaceful protesters, but could be infiltrated by bad actors who instigate violence. #45 will probably have the National Guard or some other para military group present, ready to "restore order." #45 then says, "see I told you protestors are violent. I am the "law & order president." His base will cheer. This is an election stunt.
I hope I'm wrong.

I heard Trump cancelled it Hawaiian. Going to do it on the 20th (next Saturday)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-delays-tulsa-rally-until-june-20-over-juneteenth-concerns.amp

Since everything triggers liberals, who cares anymore? You are like the little boys and girls who cry wolf, and then when there is something that should be considered an issue, no one can take you seriously. This is not one of those serious times, just another reason to be unnecessarily triggered.

Lets dissect this... the President is speaking on a monumental day in history when a group of oppressed people were freed from enslavement, celebrating a day that changed our country, moving towards better equality for all people. So by discussing this while at a rally, he is pandering and pulling “an election stunt.” If he doesn’t address such a monumental moment in history, he is insensitive and a racist. Got it!

Last edited:
The more important question to me is ; Had anyone heard of Juneteenth prior to this week? Another stunt by the liberals. I'm 58 never heard the term in 58 years. I've come to learn that in June 1921 there was a massive massacre of Black people in Tulsa and the date the President wanted to speak in Tulsa was the day in 1865 that Blacks and people of Texas were informed about emancipation. I guess it became a holiday in 1980 primarily in Texas and surrounding states. So to recap; Tulsa had a horrific massacre of Black people in 1921, the sitting President wanted to hold a rally on that date that Texas finally received the news that slaves were now free in 1865 and this is regarded as "blasphemous and insensitive?" Ok just checking...............

It’s like hosting a rally on rosh hashana at Aushwitz.... if that makes more sense for those who don’t know

To be honest, I have never heard of this before today either. Definitely fake outrage from the left. Even if they did celebrate this day it would be perfectly fine for trump to hold a rally anyway. Pro Trump is not anti black.

it’s not fake outrage. It’s the combination of the date and place. The last few months before all this most of his rallies were in swing states, and the first time he chooses that date and that city. 99 years ago there was a massacre in tulsa where whites destroyed “black wall street”. Blacks had built their own economy, owned banks, and businesses. And they came in a burnt it all down. Also killed hundreds of people, no one even knows the real count it was so devastating. When you put those 2 things together it becomes more offensive. you’re asking for a violent night.

Is it specifically a Trump rally that would cause a problem? Would a Democrat rally cause issues too? I know of the atrocity that happened in Tulsa. It was disgusting.

yes and bc he’s not exactly for our cause. Just based on his actions. The fact that Stephen Miller is writing the speech for this rally is very worrisome as well. He’s a well known racist. If he came in peace that wouldn’t be an issue, but no one trusts that it will be the case. His supporters def won’t be coming in peace for black folk!

Must have been a real threat for Trump to back off. I am glad he did. Weakest part of his personality is communicating with people who dont agree with him.
Yes and unlike the flag kneelers, Trump saw that it was offensive and decided to show respect for those that are offended.

Reactions: utatem and grbcane
To be honest, I have never heard of this before today either. Definitely fake outrage from the left. Even if they did celebrate this day it would be perfectly fine for trump to hold a rally anyway. Pro Trump is not anti black.

It’s definitely fake outrage, the left is the most intolerant group in our country, they try to oppress and cancel anything they disagree with, they just can’t disagree, they have to cancel it.

Reactions: utatem
the protest was never about the flag sooooo you shouldn’t have taken offense

Then why did Kaepernick make Nike cancel the Betsy Ross shoes? It’s for whatever is convenient at the time for some. I have no doubt for a lot of people that was true, but Kaepernick was an opportunist, finding a way to make bank when his career was washed up.

Then why did Kaepernick make Nike cancel the Betsy Ross shoes? It’s for whatever is convenient at the time for some. I have no doubt for a lot of people that was true, but Kaepernick was an opportunist, finding a way to make bank when his career was washed up.

lol. He was sitting for the anthem. Nate Boyer a former green beret told him kneeling would be more appropriate since that’s what they do to show respect in the military. So bc he didn’t want to disrespect the flag he took a knee.

let me ask you a question, don’t kneel, that’s an offensive way to protest, don’t go to the streets, that’s an offensive way to protest, don’t burn, loot, riot, that’s an offensive way to protest....

my question is what is the right way to protest?

The more important question to me is ; Had anyone heard of Juneteenth prior to this week? Another stunt by the liberals. I'm 58 never heard the term in 58 years. I've come to learn that in June 1921 there was a massive massacre of Black people in Tulsa and the date the President wanted to speak in Tulsa was the day in 1865 that Blacks and people of Texas were informed about emancipation. I guess it became a holiday in 1980 primarily in Texas and surrounding states. So to recap; Tulsa had a horrific massacre of Black people in 1921, the sitting President wanted to hold a rally on that date that Texas finally received the news that slaves were now free in 1865 and this is regarded as "blasphemous and insensitive?" Ok just checking...............
I can tell you i have never heard of it before this post. I learn something new every day.

Reactions: krvanness
lol. He was sitting for the anthem. Nate Boyer a former green beret told him kneeling would be more appropriate since that’s what they do to show respect in the military. So bc he didn’t want to disrespect the flag he took a knee.

let me ask you a question, don’t kneel, that’s an offensive way to protest, don’t go to the streets, that’s an offensive way to protest, don’t burn, loot, riot, that’s an offensive way to protest....

Reread my post, try not be hysterical, take a deep breath.

the protest was never about the flag sooooo you shouldn’t have taken offense
Just because you are not offended by it doesn't mean that millions more don't feel the same what that you do. It is about mutual respect. If a racist wants to use the N word because he doesn't take offense to it, is it still wrong for them to say it? Many look at kneeling as just as offensive whether or not you agree with them. BTW, does Trump funding HBCU's to historic levels count as doing anything for AA's?

Reactions: utatem and grbcane
Just because you are not offended by it doesn't mean that millions more don't feel the same what that you do. It is about mutual respect. If a racist wants to use the N word because he doesn't take offense to it, is it still wrong for them to say it? Many look at kneeling as just as offensive whether or not you agree with them. BTW, does Trump funding HBCU's to historic levels count as doing anything for AA's?

He’s so far extreme to the left, you can’t reason with him, he’s got the talking points down though.

why were millions of people offended? ThenN word is founded in history and was created and used to demean someone for centuries. Taking a knee was not created to demean anyone. It was a green beret (you know the people you said you’re honoring) who told him to take a knee bc that’s what they do to show respect. Colin was doing a silent protest to bring attention to police brutality. So no it’s not like the N word....

Trump didn’t do anything different than past presidents did for hbcu’s. They were already getting that funding but the bill that provided that funding had just expired so he signed a new bill to restore the funding. He didn’t create any new funding. Hbcu’s like my alma mater have been receiving federal funds since the 1870s

Since you asked so nicely, how about they take a knee for 8 minutes and 36 seconds right before the opening kickoff instead of during the anthem? You would see far greater unity towards the cause if this or something similar were done.

Reactions: grbcane
He’s so far extreme to the left, you can’t reason with him, he’s got the talking points down though.

extreme left??? Lmao!!! Not even close. Talking points, not at all, I’m speaking truth. I have receipts for everything I say bc it’s rooted in something. I just happen to be a black man living thru all of this and while some people may have just gotten to this point, I been living this my whole life!

why were millions of people offended? ThenN word is founded in history and was created and used to demean someone for centuries. Taking a knee was not created to demean anyone. It was a green beret (you know the people you said you’re honoring) who told him to take a knee bc that’s what they do to show respect. Colin was doing a silent protest to bring attention to police brutality. So no it’s not like the N word....

Trump didn’t do anything different than past presidents did for hbcu’s. They were already getting that funding but the bill that provided that funding had just expired so he signed a new bill to restore the funding. He didn’t create any new funding. Hbcu’s like my alma mater have been receiving federal funds since the 1870s
It doesn't matter why it was created when it has become clear that many are offended by it. Thanks for proving my point that you have no respect for others when they are offended. Trump took the funding for HBCU's to historic levels so it's easy to see where you're coming form by denying that fact.

Since you asked so nicely, how about they take a knee for 8 minutes and 36 seconds right before the opening kickoff instead of during the anthem? You would see far greater unity towards the cause if this or something similar were done.

the point of protest is to Bring attention or make people uncomfortable so that they can listen to your grievances about a particular topic. The black community has been asking for more attention to be brought to this subject. No one was listening. So Colin and others tried a silent protest. How about we address the issues of police brutality and you won’t have to worry about anyone disrespecting our flag. Bc it’s our flag too! Black people built and fought this country too you know.... we would just like equal treatment under the law

It doesn't matter why it was created when it has become clear that many are offended by it. Thanks for proving my point that you have no respect for others when they are offended. Trump took the funding for HBCU's to historic levels so it's easy to see where you're coming form by denying that fact.

Historic levels based on what?

the point of protest is to Bring attention or make people uncomfortable so that they can listen to your grievances about a particular topic. The black community has been asking for more attention to be brought to this subject. No one was listening. So Colin and others tried a silent protest. How about we address the issues of police brutality and you won’t have to worry about anyone disrespecting our flag. Bc it’s our flag too! Black people built and fought this country too you know.... we would just like equal treatment under the law
You want people to listen and have respect when you have none for others. For some reason you still can't quite get it through your head that many find kneeling offensive. What difference does it make as to why they are so offended by it as long as they are offended. I agree that police brutality needs to be addressed but I hope when we address it we also address the fact that more whites are killed by police than blacks are.

lol. No respect for others being offended? Do you realize the reason for the protest was to try to get attention for something we were offended about.

again explain to me how he took the funding to historic levels? I’m not understanding that? Bc he and the congress adjusted for inflation? He didn’t double the money or anything. I thank him for reallocating the money that had lapsed out of legislation but he didn’t do anything no other president did. So using the term historic seems a bit hyperbolic...

lol. No respect for others being offended? Do you realize the reason for the protest was to try to get attention for something we were offended about.

again explain to me how he took the funding to historic levels? I’m not understanding that? Bc he and the congress adjusted for inflation? He didn’t double the money or anything. I thank him for reallocating the money that had lapsed out of legislation but he didn’t do anything no other president did. So using the term historic seems a bit hyperbolic...
Great idea to bring attention to being offended by turning around and offending millions of others in the process. There is no way to explain something to someone that refuses to give credit where it is due. Trump either rose the funding to new levels or he didn't. He did and no excuses to the contrary will change that fact.

You want people to listen and have respect when you have none for others. For some reason you still can't quite get it through your head that many find kneeling offensive. What difference does it make as to why they are so offended by it as long as they are offended. I agree that police brutality needs to be addressed but I hope when we address it we also address the fact that more whites are killed by police than blacks are.

So over the years my community has suffered under funded education, lack of access to health care, unfair treatment in the judicial system, and unjustly killed by police and when we raise our hand to make this point you accuse us of “not having respect”? Not having respect for what may I ask?

Great idea to bring attention to being offended by turning around and offending millions of others in the process. There is no way to explain something to someone that refuses to give credit where it is due. Trump either rose the funding to new levels or he didn't. He did and no excuses to the contrary will change that fact.

I already said he did I didn’t dispute that. I disputed historic. You stated that like it had never been done before. Or he brought it to unprecedented heights. Or thought of new legislation to help the black community.

Do you know what no respect looks like? No respect is fighting wars abroad for a country then coming back to America and getting lynched for wearing your uniform on the streets of this country. Now THATS DISRESPECTFUL!!!

So over the years my community has suffered under funded education, lack of access to health care, unfair treatment in the judicial system, and unjustly killed by police and when we raise our hand to make this point you accuse us of “not having respect”? Not having respect for what may I ask?
Not having respect for other's beliefs when they tell you they are offended by something for starters.You are not raising your hand to make the point, you are kneeling to the flag and during the anthem that many hold sacred. Sorry that you still can't find it in your heart to understand why some feel that way and it's a key reason why some won't listen to that message of yours.

Sadly places like Baltimore aren’t underfunded in public education, it’s just the opposite , and the students in high school lack basic reading and math skills. Why are democrats against school choice, when lower income African American communities would benefit the most?

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Not having respect for other's beliefs when they tell you they are offended by something for starters.You are not raising your hand to make the point, you are kneeling to the flag and during the anthem that many hold sacred. Sorry that you still can't find it in your heart to understand why some feel that way and it's a key reason why some won't listen to that message of yours.

the reason the kneeling started is because we raised our hands to make this point over and over again and no one listened. So We tried a different tactic to get people’s attention and that didn’t work so now here we are today with people protesting all over the world!

I guess throwing tea in the harbor wasn’t disrespectful to the British..... that’s what happens when people’s demands aren’t being heard. They do something drastic to raise awareness to an issue.

Do you know what no respect looks like? No respect is fighting wars abroad for a country then coming back to America and getting lynched for wearing your uniform on the streets of this country. Now THATS DISRESPECTFUL!!!
The difference between the two of us is that I agree when you are or have been disrespected even if I haven't experienced it myself. No respect also comes from continuing to do an act that millions are telling you that is disrespectful towards them.

Sadly places like Baltimore aren’t underfunded in public education, it’s just the opposite , and the students in high school lack basic reading and math skills. Why are democrats against school choice, when lower income African American communities would benefit the most?

Why do you think high school students lack basic math and reading skills? Every study show it’s due to a lack of early childhood education. School choice is just another way to segregate schools. We’ve had that before and it didn’t work out too well for blacks. Yes tuition to private and charter schools would be paid for but what about books, athletic fees, etc. if you can’t afford those extra things you can’t remain at the school. And we are right back to having schools for the haves and have nots. Worse than it currently is.... that’s why we don’t support school choice.

the reason the kneeling started is because we raised our hands to make this point over and over again and no one listened. So We tried a different tactic to get people’s attention and that didn’t work so now here we are today with people protesting all over the world!

I guess throwing tea in the harbor wasn’t disrespectful to the British..... that’s what happens when people’s demands aren’t being heard. They do something drastic to raise awareness to an issue.
Does not matter why the kneeling started, it should have been changed to a different method when so many were offended by it. Why not do the kneeling before kickoff or at some point in the middle of the game so that awareness to the issue would be more universally accepted? You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Why do you think high school students lack basic math and reading skills? Every study show it’s due to a lack of early childhood education. School choice is just another way to segregate schools. We’ve had that before and it didn’t work out too well for blacks. Yes tuition to private and charter schools would be paid for but what about books, athletic fees, etc. if you can’t afford those extra things you can’t remain at the school. And we are right back to having schools for the haves and have nots. Worse than it currently is.... that’s why we don’t support school choice.

Im trying to follow you, you do know school choice also applies to early childhood education, and it covers books and fees? The parents literally get to choose the school. I’m not saying it wouldn’t cause some inconvenience to the family, but they should have the right to make that choice.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
The difference between the two of us is that I agree when you are or have been disrespected even if I haven't experienced it myself. No respect also comes from continuing to do an act that millions are telling you that is disrespectful towards them.

so you’re telling me, if people stop kneeling you will address our issue? That’s the only thing that’s keeping you and others from addressing our problem? Cuz if you and others truly respected our voice when we were telling you even back in 1992 after the Rodney king beating that police were a problem to black men. Almost 25 years passed before kneeling became a thing and you’re telling me you’ve always been respectful and attentive to our issues?

You are wrong. He funded it way beyond obama ever did

so you’re telling me, if people stop kneeling you will address our issue? That’s the only thing that’s keeping you and others from addressing our problem? Cuz if you and others truly respected our voice when we were telling you even back in 1992 after the Rodney king beating that police were a problem to black men. Almost 25 years passed before kneeling became a thing and you’re telling me you’ve always been respectful and attentive to our issues?

This how some see it, I don’t expect you to agree. Party a has a dispute with party b, so party a punches party c in the eye.

Im trying to follow you, you do know school choice also applies to early childhood education, and it covers books and fees? The parents literally get to choose the school. I’m not saying it wouldn’t cause some inconvenience to the family, but they should have the right to make that choice.

Will some benefit. Yes. But it will hurt more those who can’t. We are looking for a fair system across the board not to help a few. Transportation will be a big problem if the better school is halfway across town. Poorer communities will be hurt. Not just blacks all poor people. It’s not a fair system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT