ADVERTISEMENT

Juneteenth

it’s not fake outrage. It’s the combination of the date and place. The last few months before all this most of his rallies were in swing states, and the first time he chooses that date and that city. 99 years ago there was a massacre in tulsa where whites destroyed “black wall street”. Blacks had built their own economy, owned banks, and businesses. And they came in a burnt it all down. Also killed hundreds of people, no one even knows the real count it was so devastating. When you put those 2 things together it becomes more offensive. you’re asking for a violent night.
And that is very horrible and very tragic but 2 things come to mind 1) it's 2020 and 2) Juneteenth has nothing to do with the Tulsa massacre. Nothing at all. Juneteenth as I've now learned, has to do with the date in 1865 that the slaves in Texas first learned they were emancipated (free) the 2 have nothing to do with one another at all. If it were about the Tulsa massacre then no day of any year would be acceptable to hold a rally there. But of course, it's not about that.

Reactions: BreakingCane
And that is very horrible and very tragic but 2 things come to mind 1) it's 2020 and 2) Juneteenth has nothing to do with the Tulsa massacre. Nothing at all. Juneteenth as I've now learned, has to do with the date in 1865 that the slaves in Texas first learned they were emancipated (free) the 2 have nothing to do with one another at all. If it were about the Tulsa massacre then no day of any year would be acceptable to hold a rally there. But of course, it's not about that.
Selective outrage.

You mean he, the orangeman is desperately seeking re-coronation by creating multiple distractions in an attempt to make Americans forget about his response to COVID-19, or the lack of it. Meanwhile, the spike in corona virus continues. Alabama, Louisiana, Arizona, etc., he will pin the rap on protesters congregating in our cities. The reality is if he & his administration had due diligence back in early january we would not have over 100,000 plus deaths. We have not seen or heard from the COVID-19 task force headed by VP Mike Pence. This means that
re-election is at the top of his list; never mind Americans are prone to COVID-19. Its too late for them. Horrifying
Not a spike. Keep listening to fake news. There's tons more testing going on.

selective outrage.more than 80% of all crime is within our own population. People tend to brutalize the people closest to them. Prosecute them to the full extent of the law. And we know about that problem too. Kinda all stems from the same thing. But the outrage here is that the people who are suppose to enforce The law are the ones doing the killing and they don’t get prosecuted. That’s a problem. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.

selective outrage.more than 80% of all crime is within our own population. People tend to brutalize the people closest to them. Prosecute them to the full extent of the law. And we know about that problem too. Kinda all stems from the same thing. But the outrage here is that the people who are suppose to enforce The law are the ones doing the killing and they don’t get prosecuted. That’s a problem. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.
Very selective.

You see the holocaust as an event that lasted for many years and brutalized/killed many but Tulsa also reminds me of the deaths of many blacks over the past 400 years. From the time they stuffed them on ships to come across the Atlantic and died. To when they were enslaved and killed, to when their city was ravaged and many killed, to the ones that were killed for whistling at a white woman or killed trying to vote....
And how many white people get killed for simply taking the wrong exit into a bad community? How many get pulled out of their cars and killed because a certain group of people are upset with the outcome of a court case? 400 years is a long time ago. In the last 60 years there have been black councilmen, mayors, governors, congressmen, senators, supreme court justices, and even a president. That's not even counting all the scientists, professors, pilots, doctors, lawyers, and businessmen and women, just to name a few. Good thing that these amazing people never got the memo that they were too oppressed to ever make anything of themselves.

Reactions: grbcane
And how many white people get killed for simply taking the wrong exit into a bad community? How many get pulled out of their cars and killed because a certain group of people are upset with the outcome of a court case? 400 years is a long time ago. In the last 60 years there have been black councilmen, mayors, governors, congressmen, senators, supreme court justices, and even a president. That's not even counting all the scientists, professors, pilots, doctors, lawyers, and businessmen and women, just to name a few. Good thing that these amazing people never got the memo that they were too oppressed to ever make anything of themselves.

I’d like to think I made something of myself, yet I still deal with racism. Usually for me these days it’s getting pulled over in a nice neighborhood. Then I get asked what I do for work, how can I afford the car I drive, what are you doing in this neighborhood, hang tight we gotta wait for the K-9, sit on this hot car while I go wait in the AC, oh sorry we had to wait 55 min in the hot fla sun, then dog doesn’t find anything, slap me with a ticket for going 42 in a 35 and sends me on my way.....

Deuce the post has nothing to do with what you posted here.

I’d like to think I made something of myself, yet I still deal with racism. Usually for me these days it’s getting pulled over in a nice neighborhood. Then I get asked what I do for work, how can I afford the car I drive, what are you doing in this neighborhood, hang tight we gotta wait for the K-9, sit on this hot car while I go wait in the AC, oh sorry we had to wait 55 min in the hot fla sun, then dog doesn’t find anything, slap me with a ticket for going 42 in a 35 and sends me on my way.....
And all of that sucks. I'm not patronizing you it really does because that is profiling. I told my youngest son (27 years old) that if he and I were to drive around Liberty City or Overtown at midnight we would probably get pulled over as the police would be convinced we were there to buy drugs or whatnot. But my example is not the same as what you have written. What you wrote really is one of the most serious problems out there much more then killing of unarmed people because it happens much more frequently and it goes largely un reported.

This Country has made such positive strides in Civil Rights, Gay Rights, Womens Rights in the last 60 years. That doesn't sell though. Very sad........I never thought I'd see the day that 2 men or 2 women would have the right to marry but now they do. (example)

Reactions: 801canesmxer
The selective outrage has always been my issue with the BLM movement. I dont have the exact statistics because I'm not going to do that much research for an anonymous internet board but for the most part we know all the names of the black men that have been MURDERED by the police in the past few years. By that count you might have a better chance of winning the lottery than being wrongfully killed by the police. Evey death is tragic and we absolutely as a society must keep our police accountable. That being said, I truly believe that all black lives do matter but it doesn't matter what I think. Until the black community shows that black lives matter to them nothing will ever change. When BLM goes and shuts down places like Chicago because they are sick and tired of blacks showing no respect for the life of other blacks then I will take that group seriously. A POS cop here and there is not the biggest issue facing the black community. Those cops will be handled and hopefully spend the rest of there life in prison. I understand there is a history of inequality and dont mind programs to help but at some point the black community has to stop blaming others for everything and take a long hard look in the mirror. Just as whites and America can do better, blacks must also do better to hold there own community accountable.
This is the unpopular truth. Can't keep killing each other and expect the police that have to patrol those neighborhoods to treat you with kindness. They are scared shytless to go into some of those neighborhoods. Hell the good people that live in those neighborhoods live in fear as well.

I'm glad you've made it in life deuce and I will not argue at all that profiling is wrong. It's not the same but I grew up with hair a third of the way down my back in the late 70's. My dad had a cargo van that I drove quite a bit when I was 17 to 18 before I bought my own vehicle. The cops in So Fla used to pull me over on a regular basis and would pull everything out of the van searching for drugs. There were times when I'd be out with friends and they would make us all sit outside the van on the ground while they searched it. I was profiled all the time as some hippy on drugs. The big difference being that I could have simply cut my hair and most of that would have ended while you and others can't change the color of your skin. We do agree on some things and profiling just because you're black is one of them.

I'm glad you've made it in life deuce and I will not argue at all that profiling is wrong. It's not the same but I grew up with hair a third of the way down my back in the late 70's. My dad had a cargo van that I drove quite a bit when I was 17 to 18 before I bought my own vehicle. The cops in So Fla used to pull me over on a regular basis and would pull everything out of the van searching for drugs. There were times when I'd be out with friends and they would make us all sit outside the van on the ground while they searched it. I was profiled all the time as some hippy on drugs. The big difference being that I could have simply cut my hair and most of that would have ended while you and others can't change the color of your skin. We do agree on some things and profiling just because you're black is one of them.
801, Im glad no physical harm came upon you. I had to stop for the police a few times but it pales in comparison to what you experienced. A few fender benders, some moving violations.
We need to realize and understand sometimes when crossing paths with the cops they have previously encountered a gun pointed at them, a high speed chase, belligerent drivers and/ or pedestrians, multiple auto collisions, getting into a scuffle with one who is non compliant, etc., They may forget to say " The reason I stopped you is....... and license and registration .

You mean he, the orangeman is desperately seeking re-coronation by creating multiple distractions in an attempt to make Americans forget about his response to COVID-19, or the lack of it. Meanwhile, the spike in corona virus continues. Alabama, Louisiana, Arizona, etc., he will pin the rap on protesters congregating in our cities. The reality is if he & his administration had due diligence back in early january we would not have over 100,000 plus deaths. We have not seen or heard from the COVID-19 task force headed by VP Mike Pence. This means that
re-election is at the top of his list; never mind Americans are prone to COVID-19. Its too late for them. Horrifying
Arizona 3 deaths, Louisiana 10 deaths.. more black peoples died in Chicago at the hands of other black people than coronavirus in both states.

801, Im glad no physical harm came upon you. I had to stop for the police a few times but it pales in comparison to what you experienced. A few fender benders, some moving violations.
We need to realize and understand sometimes when crossing paths with the cops they have previously encountered a gun pointed at them, a high speed chase, belligerent drivers and/ or pedestrians, multiple auto collisions, getting into a scuffle with one who is non compliant, etc., They may forget to say " The reason I stopped you is....... and license and registration .
Thanks but some of my friends had it even worse. Back then if they suspected you had drugs on you they would sometimes tear apart your seats and say they thought there might have been drugs hidden in the foam. This happened to 3 of my friends over the years and they were all let go on the scene but then they had all that damage to their vehicles. They all had long hair as well. Some of the cops back then had a real attitude towards us long hairs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT