ADVERTISEMENT

Kaaya vs Perry....

lauzardo

SuperCane
Dec 7, 2004
Flat out let me say.... I love Brad Kaaya. Brad Kaaya got us Marrk Richt. He spearheaded last years 5 game win streak. He kept the program above water, and was the primary reason for the 8 and 9 win seasons, when we had nothing around him, except for maybe Duke Johnson. I say that as a positive. Imagine our record in the last 2-3 years with Rosier as QB, or Vincent Testaverde, or Gray Crow, or Jake Heaps, or Ryan Williams ...no you don't want to imagine. Your probably looking at maybe 6 and 7 win seasons max... So thank you Brad Kaaya.

Cali QB's tend to be better prepared. A lot of QB coaches out in Cali. Cali QB's are trained better, taught how to dissect film, and prepare better inside the QB classroom. That's one advantage Kaaya had and why he was able to start and function as a Freshman. But as far as raw skill is concerned? I wouldn't trade Perry for Kaaya. And I'm not talking about running ability either. I'm speaking of leadership, pocket prescence, mobility, even arm strength. I wouldn't be surprised if Perry has better arm strength than Kaaya coming out. Now, the X's and O's of playing the position, don't know if Perry will be ready for the big leagues on day one. But you can teach that.

I think CMR isn't going to toss Perry out there to get hurt. Same way he didn't play Weldon in the first scrimmage of the Spring. But if Perry picks up the mental aspects of the game quickly, don't be surprised if CMR is willing to take his lumps this year. I thnk CMR is willing to go 8-4, or even 7-5, to give Perry his PT and game experience. And make this the foundation for the great Cane teams of the future.

Reactions: Canemba02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.