ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda Off Topic

honeyiv

SuperCane
Jan 17, 2007
But Bob Kuechenberg dying to me was like Carroll O'Connor or Sherman Hemsley dying. These guys were my heroes growing up. They had ZERO political correctness. There was zero safe space. You fought them or perished. They were also the best ever.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
But Bob Kuechenberg dying to me was like Carroll O'Connor or Sherman Hemsley dying. These guys were my heroes growing up. They had ZERO political correctness. There was zero safe space. You fought them or perished. They were also the best ever.

Carol O'Connor and Sherman Hemsley were playing the role of ignorant bigots. The intent was to demonstrate what boorish behavior looked like. There characters were not laudible in their flaws but praiseworthy in their ultimate recognition of their bigotry. Not ironically Hemsley character was birthed from O'Connor's bigotry carricature and mirroed it similarly. Greater irony is that Sherman was an openly gay black man at a time when neither was welcome in Hollywood. O'Connor stated often that his role in Fear of the Nite was personally redemptive.

I was a personal friend of Eric Lakso and spent a lot of time with Kuech and the great Dwight Stephenson. May he rest in peace, a great man.

Carol O'Connor and Sherman Hemsley were playing the role of ignorant bigots. The intent was to demonstrate what boorish behavior looked like. There characters were not laudible in their flaws but praiseworthy in their ultimate recognition of their bigotry. Not ironically Hemsley character was birthed from O'Connor's bigotry carricature and mirroed it similarly. Greater irony is that Sherman was an openly gay black man at a time when neither was welcome in Hollywood. O'Connor stated often that his role in Fear of the Nite was personally redemptive.

I was a personal friend of Eric Lakso and spent a lot of time with Kuech and the great Dwight Stephenson. May he rest in peace, a great man.

Wrong on so many points. It's called humor. Their 'bigotry' WAS LAUDIBLE! And they were the two most LAUDIBLE AND VIEWED of all times.

Wrong on so many points. It's called humor. Their 'bigotry' WAS LAUDIBLE! And they were the two most LAUDIBLE AND VIEWED of all times.

Nobody cares about Spike Lee. He's washed up anyway. And so are the Oscars.

Who the hell are you anyway cool, breeze? Show up at a ****ing game and talk to me in the face. You sit behind your device and pretend to to be MMA. Your shit is getting old. Show up at a fvcking game litttle ******

Another thing. That fist that you put in the air....it's going right up your ass if I EVER see your ass at Hard Rock!! Show up at a game.

Last edited:

actually not wrong, the humor was well written. What was humorous was the outrageousness of the comments. Unsure? Ask the actors, writers and directors. This isn't exactly hard to find information nor is it important enough for me to open this thread again.

There is a reason Chappelle stopped his show and because to paraphrase people were laughing for the wrong reasons.

Mr. Lear instructed his writers to make Archie a multidimensional figure who was nevertheless, in Mr. Lear's words, ''a horse's ass.''

Archie reacted with fear toward his bosses and with antagonism toward women and blacks, who he thought were becoming less docile and more uppity. He was powerless to do anything about his dead-end job and his dead-end life; he thought the Democratic Party was a front for Communism; he believed that Jews, Roman Catholics, blacks, Hispanics, Italians, Asians, Poles, the Irish and most others who were not white Anglo-Saxon Protestants could not really be trusted.

Mr. O'Connor used many, but not all, of the ethnic and racial slurs that had been taboo in broadcasting. The result was extraordinary. Sammy Davis Jr., the black entertainer, made a guest appearance. But Whitney Young Jr., head of the Urban League, said that there was nothing funny about those epithets, which he called gratuitous insults.

Mr. O'Connor, an outspoken liberal by conviction, defended the slurs. ''What we've done and what I've done is make Archie not the head of a lynch mob but a human being who is also a bigot,'' he told Playboy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/22/...ocial-tumult-as-archie-bunker-dies-at-76.html

A self-described liberal, Mr. O'Connor said in a 1994 interview that the character of Archie "wasn't even close" to who he was as a person.

http://content.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,132764,00.html

and if you think its poor sourcing.

but again, threads done for me you can google about the gay black man playing the intolerant racist on your own. We good tho, may disagree but love the enthusiasm.

At least Lenny Kravitz's mom was hawt!

Ellu! How long have you been around here??? I can still fake you out! Love you man! I am an equal opportunity hater. I hate Indians, Mexicans, Cubans, and, of course Democrats!

actually not wrong, the humor was well written. What was humorous was the outrageousness of the comments. Unsure? Ask the actors, writers and directors. This isn't exactly hard to find information nor is it important enough for me to open this thread again.

There is a reason Chappelle stopped his show and because to paraphrase people were laughing for the wrong reasons.

Mr. Lear instructed his writers to make Archie a multidimensional figure who was nevertheless, in Mr. Lear's words, ''a horse's ass.''

Archie reacted with fear toward his bosses and with antagonism toward women and blacks, who he thought were becoming less docile and more uppity. He was powerless to do anything about his dead-end job and his dead-end life; he thought the Democratic Party was a front for Communism; he believed that Jews, Roman Catholics, blacks, Hispanics, Italians, Asians, Poles, the Irish and most others who were not white Anglo-Saxon Protestants could not really be trusted.

Mr. O'Connor used many, but not all, of the ethnic and racial slurs that had been taboo in broadcasting. The result was extraordinary. Sammy Davis Jr., the black entertainer, made a guest appearance. But Whitney Young Jr., head of the Urban League, said that there was nothing funny about those epithets, which he called gratuitous insults.

Mr. O'Connor, an outspoken liberal by conviction, defended the slurs. ''What we've done and what I've done is make Archie not the head of a lynch mob but a human being who is also a bigot,'' he told Playboy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/22/...ocial-tumult-as-archie-bunker-dies-at-76.html

A self-described liberal, Mr. O'Connor said in a 1994 interview that the character of Archie "wasn't even close" to who he was as a person.

http://content.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,132764,00.html

and if you think its poor sourcing.

Not sure about his mom.

but again, threads done for me you can google about the gay black man playing the intolerant racist on your own. We good tho, may disagree but love the enthusiasm.
At least Lenny Kravitz's mom was hawt!

Not sure about mom. But Lenny is an EXTREMELY demanding boat boat rental prick. My client dumped him in 2005. Unless you are Lebron or Trump or the Queen of England....you can't do certain shit. And that's why Lenny got dumped. God bless him. I am sure he will land on his feet.

Ellu, out of respect for Gary and what he built here (despite Matt), please join me in the Lounge. I'd love to totally dominate your stupid talking points. I am done with you on here in this room. I think you prefer to argue in here the same way a midget likes to fight. Where somebody can break it up. Grow a pair. Join me in my room. Little ******. Oh, that was f-a-g-g-o-t. Just because they tried to censor it. Nite nite.

You have a real big mouth for an guy that doesnt show up at games. And please don't give me any bullshit like you wife is sick. She ain't sick. You are just a scared mofo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT