ADVERTISEMENT

KLCANE, let's continue this Whiteside discussion

bkalish77

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2008
KLCANE, I just saw your response from last week, you know I love you, but you have to explain your Whiteside fading theory to me. I think your Knick woes are clouding your judgment.

Here is what you said when I said stop about Whiteside fading because it didn't happen:

"Okay, here you go.

-The last 21 games,he only had double digit rebounds 8 times with no 20 rebound games. The previous 17 games, he had double digit rebounds 12 times with 20 rebounds or more 4 times.
-The last 21 games, he had 12 games where he had double digit points and 3 games where he had 15 points or more. The previous 17 games, he had double digit points 15 times and more than 15 points 9 different times.
-The Heat won 10 of the last 21 games. The previous 17 games, the Heat won 8 times.

If you look prior to that, the stats are even better. So there you go. That is how he faded down the stretch. Anything else? Any more facts you need?
73 KLCane, Thursday at 3:58 PM"

First of all, who in their right mind is using a 20 rebound game as a metric that is looked down upon if not achieved. Regardless, you are wrong! I think you actually went to a game by game stat & counted games that Whiteside didn't play in as a countable statistical game for him which can easily explain away your mistake.

In reality, Whiteside had double digit rebounds in 13 of his last 21 games that he actually played in and had over 20 boards that he played in and in 2 of those games he had over 20 boards. Not too mention that he also had 8 or 9 boards in another 4 of those games. More importantly, the most he played in any of those non-10 board games was 24 minutes.

Let's simplify it and go month by month.

Jan: 13.0 pts 10.6 rebounds 3.5 blocks per game
Feb: 14.5 pts 13.2 rebounds 2.5 blocks per game
Mar: 12.1 pts 10.0 rebounds 2.6 blocks per game
Apr: 16.8 pts 12.5 rebounds 3.2 blocks per game

Go ahead and explain to me how having your best stats your last month equals fading?

If anyone else wants to jump in on Whiteside, his future, The Heat, or The NBA in general than feel free to jump in...

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News