ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk Movies? Books? Golf? Vacation Spots? Dining?

Is this real life? Finally a positive thread that doesn't involve politics or racist BS in the lounge? Ahah, I love it!

Movie: Just watched Everything, Everywhere, All at Once last night which was awesome

Book: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie....this book has been the most instrumental for my career in banking. Basically, you can get along with anyone and build trust if you just go about things the right way and avoid being a prick. Don't let your emotions control your life and you'll be successful in anything you do.

Golf: I suck, but try my best. Palm Beach Par 3 is my favorite course. It's public and on the ocean with a nice clubhouse for lunch afterwards. Because it's a par 3 course, it only takes a couple hours to get through 18 holes.

Vacation: Asheville....the closest mountain spot to Florida. Always spend a week or two there during the summer. Good food and beer all around. Was just in Barcelona, Positano, and Rome for my honeymoon though....that was unbelievable.

Dining: I live in Delray and my go to spot is Brule. Lot's of great places all around South Florida though. Buccan is the best of all, but hard to get reservations and is pricey.

I live in Ponte Vedra Beach - moved up here from south Florida 4years ago - best move I’ve ever made . I have the Atlantic Ocean and beaches a mile away - two local water parks with pools, slides , lazy river, even a zip line if I want . You can go to a different restaurant every day of the year if you wish within 15 or 20 minutes . St Augustine 15 minutes to the south Jacksonville 15 to the north . World Golf Village 12 minutes away
If you like Mexican we have Mezcal with excellent fare and $3.50 Margaritas. There’s Aqua Grill ( pricy but good) , Valley Smoke along the intercoastal (upscale bbq), and Town Center Mall with everything from Capital Grill to Firebirds.or Texas de Brazil
I’m retired now so every day is a Saturday . This is 90% Conservative country and a little south of Gator and Georgia fans (JVille) . Canes ARE making inroads up here
Artichoke Chicken .
Great recipe if interested -very easy to make
One 9”X11” pan or oven ready bowl
Artichoke Chicken
It serves 4 people
1can of Artichokes drained
2 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
salt& pepper
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 or 11/2 cups of Parmesan shredded cheese
Flatten the 2 breasts to about a 1/4 “ thick - salt and pepper both sides then lay in the pan -
Open the artichoke can , drain , cut into small pieces , and squeeze out any excess water
Cover the chicken evenly with the artichoke pieces
In a small bowl mix the cheese and Mayo and spread across the artichoke chicken evenly
Pre-heat oven to 350* and cook uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes - I usually try to pour off any excess water about 1/2 way through cooking for even more flavor
EASY TO MAKE - ENJOY

Last edited:
Wines, beers, popcorn.

OMG, its like a kid in a playground.

LFG.
Just finished "Where the Crawdads Sing". One of the best books I've ever read. The movie, despite the bad reviews, was also better than most book-movies. Named a Best Book of the Year by the New York Times Book Review and others. As for vacation spots, I enjoy taking ship cruises to various locations. Costa Rica is one of my favorites with the Caribbean Sea on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other. At the country's narrowest point, the distance between the Pacific and the Caribbean is only about 75 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: genghiscane
A movie that didn’t get a lot of notoriety but was pretty good is “Nobody”. Kinda John Wick if he retired. Bob Odenkirk.
Biggest
Disappointment
Matrix Resurrection

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT