ADVERTISEMENT

Making a Murderer

How else do you think his blood and sweat got on the car? You mean to tell me it is more reasonable to believe it was planted AND the FBI was in on it? Really?

I do believe that evidence was planted. They made a major mistake and was facing a substantial lawsuit. Not only that their integrity and reputation were in question. I don't think it was everyone. But I think Lenk and Colburn no doubt.

Ask ADVARKAS he is a lawyer he will be able to explain this much easier…….

If you are only watching the series without doing some independent research you are unaware of all the facts. There is plenty online, including the fact that he stalked this woman.

Don't let the previous wrongs against this man cloud your judgment.

He might be guilty. ... But the police definitely planted evidence. I definitely believe the kid was not there when she was killed. It's amazing how many people believe everything the police say.

There is just no way that kid was there. There is zero evidence to back up what he "confessed" (was forced to say) to. If they killed that girl in the house, there would have to be blood, hairs, sweat, semen, some type of DNA to show that event occurred.

Reactions: rickdawg11
What are people's thoughts on the verdicts?

The law says that you must convict on a basis of "beyond reasonable doubt".

I think there is an exceptional amount of reasonable doubt, and I personally don't think he committed the crime either. I'm curious to see what others think.

If it were just the evidence shown in the documentary you could make the case in his favor, which is what they did.

As soon as you consider that he requested her specifically, called her on private, his DNA was under her hood, they found the contents of her purse, the round in the garage was fired from his gun. He really looks very guilty.

How else do you think his blood and sweat got on the car? You mean to tell me it is more reasonable to believe it was planted AND the FBI was in on it? Really?
Could have been planted before the FBI got involved. And it only takes reasonable doubt. I rather see 5 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man sit in jail. Oh wait he sat there for 18 years already for a crime he didn't commit. Again you are right. He has to be guilty because you believe so. I hope you are never on a jury of any importance. I guess you have no earthly idea what reasonable doubt is ?

Steve could be guilty, hard to tell with just the documentary. Hard to believe the kid got convicted. Also how do you take an appeal to the same judge that at sentencing said that he had never met a more guilty person in his career and wanted to make sure he never was on the street to commit future crimes, that just isn't right. No way that judge wasn't predisposed to deny the appeal no matter what.

I do believe that evidence was planted. They made a major mistake and was facing a substantial lawsuit. Not only that their integrity and reputation were in question. I don't think it was everyone. But I think Lenk and Colburn no doubt.

Avery's lawsuit against the county was very weak. He was not going to win that. He may have been able to settle it for right around what the state paid him anyway.

The documentary trumped up everything in the defense's favor. If you do a little research, you'll find that they found that key the FIRST time they actually did a full search of the house. The first 3 times they searched the place, they were only looking for specific things and were only in the house for a very short period of time. The key also has his sweat DNA on it.

Add to that, they found his blood in her car and his sweat, and proved that the blood did not come from the vial.

He stalked her. He specifically requested her. He drew plans of a torture chamber while in prison. He had been accused by multiple women of rape, other than the false accusation. He purchased the exact shackles his nephew described. And more...

Reactions: canestampa
He might be guilty. ... But the police definitely planted evidence. I definitely believe the kid was not there when she was killed. It's amazing how many people believe everything the police say.

What evidence did you see to support your belief that they planted evidence?

Guilty or not, the biggest disgrace of the whole sordid episode was the complete moron assigned to represent the kid. I think the appellate lawyers gave him too much credit when they argued he was working with the Avery prosecutors. I don't think that guy has the mental capacity to formulate a plan to escape from a paper bag.

Could have been planted before the FBI got involved. And it only takes reasonable doubt. I rather see 5 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man sit in jail. Oh wait he sat there for 18 years already for a crime he didn't commit. Again you are right. He has to be guilty because you believe so. I hope you are never on a jury of any importance. I guess you have no earthly idea what reasonable doubt is ?

The FBI proved that the blood was not planted.

Having tried several hundred criminal cases in my career, never as a prosecutor, there is no way a TV show that fails to show ALL the evidence and arguments can accurately portray the actual state of what the evidence was. It's TV it's not real. It's filtered to establish its point of view. Imagine watching the state of the Miami Football program as portrayed in a documentary filmed by Al Golden's first cousin.

Reactions: Prometheus23
What evidence did you see to support your belief that they planted evidence?
The key that they found after the other county searched the house numerous times. Also the shell found in the garage after that was search numerous times. They were both found by the same cop and he was involved in the lawsuit. They also stated they would only assist with equipment but they did the opposite. That has to be one of the dirtiest county sheriff I have ever seen. That show just makes me so glad I don't live in that part of the country.

Avery's lawsuit against the county was very weak. He was not going to win that. He may have been able to settle it for right around what the state paid him anyway.

The documentary trumped up everything in the defense's favor. If you do a little research, you'll find that they found that key the FIRST time they actually did a full search of the house. The first 3 times they searched the place, they were only looking for specific things and were only in the house for a very short period of time. The key also has his sweat DNA on it.

Add to that, they found his blood in her car and his sweat, and proved that the blood did not come from the vial.

He stalked her. He specifically requested her. He drew plans of a torture chamber while in prison. He had been accused by multiple women of rape, other than the false accusation. He purchased the exact shackles his nephew described. And more...

Skibby you twist evidence worse than the prosecution. The "shackles" he bought, were pink, fuzzy hand cuffs with a release button. Nowhere have I found that he "stalked her". I did find that he requested her specifically. Who accused him of rape? Please link where you found this information. I would love to read it.

I think he probably did it, but the authorities resorted to some less than scrupulous activities to assure his conviction. The kid was absolutely railroaded into a confession and should be awarded a new trial. The system failed him for sure.

As an aside, how smokin hot was that female reporter with the glasses?

The key that they found after the other county searched the house numerous times. Also the shell found in the garage after that was search numerous times. They were both found by the same cop and he was involved in the lawsuit. They also stated they would only assist with equipment but they did the opposite. That has to be one of the dirtiest county sheriff I have ever seen. That show just makes me so glad I don't live in that part of the country.

Again, the documentary mislead you. The trailer was not searched multiple times. The first time they executed a full search of the trailer, they found the key. The 3 times they were in the trailer prior to that, we're not full searches. The first time, they went in looking for her. The second time, they went looking for something on his computer. The third time, they were only there for a few minutes before deciding to call off the search due to the weather and fear of contaminating evidence.

Also, I don't believe Lenk found the bullet.

Skibby you twist evidence worse than the prosecution. The "shackles" he bought, were pink, fuzzy hand cuffs with a release button. Nowhere have I found that he "stalked her". I did find that he requested her specifically. Who accused him of rape? Please link where you found this information. I would love to read it.

False, he bought real shackles and chains.

He greeted her in a towel the previous time she came there. He specifically requested her multiple times while giving a false name. He called her 3 times that day, twice with his number blocked.

Two women accused him of rape. His two nephews accused him of molesting them.

The bullet with her DNA on it, that was found in his garage, was forensically matched to his gun. His blood was found in her car. His sweat was found in her car. Her key, with his sweat on it was found in his trailer.

I think he probably did it, but the authorities resorted to some less than scrupulous activities to assure his conviction. The kid was absolutely railroaded into a confession and should be awarded a new trial. The system failed him for sure.

As an aside, how smokin hot was that female reporter with the glasses?

That interview was pretty bad and should have been thrown out. However, it was his original statements that buried him. On top of that, Avery told multiple conflicting stories to the police. None of that was included in the documentary.

I absolutely do not believe the police planted evidence. There is nothing to support that conclusion. They would have had to go to great lengths to do so. It's simply not reasonable to believe they did.

That interview was pretty bad and should have been thrown out. However, it was his original statements that buried him. On top of that, Avery told multiple conflicting stories to the police. None of that was included in the documentary.

I absolutely do not believe the police planted evidence. There is nothing to support that conclusion. They would have had to go to great lengths to do so. It's simply not reasonable to believe they did.

Again, where are you getting this information? I haven't found any of this information. In fact, what I have read is that his story has always been consistent.

Until those 5 guilty men rape your daughter a few months later.

I just read the full transcripts for the kid.....and still believe in no way is he guilty. I will read Steven averys too but it's the kid that really bothers me. Even in reading the transcripts he is changing his story to fit what the cops want him to say.

Until those 5 guilty men rape your daughter a few months later.
No then I would take things into my own hands. And you have a point but I still would not want an innocent man in prison for a lazy cop or DA to get a conviction. And since I have to Daughters who can shoot straight I will take that chance. I only raised one that would not listen and he is gone. My girls have listened well.

No then I would take things into my own hands. And you have a point but I still would not want an innocent man in prison for a lazy cop or DA to get a conviction. And since I have to Daughters who can shoot straight I will take that chance. I only raised one that would not listen and he is gone. My girls have listened well.
I don't want an innocent in prison either. With guys like flea there, sounds like hell.

Reactions: apopkacane
Iowanebraskaoklahoma, where are you when we need you!!!

Everyone deserves to have their "conversations" without the fear of being chastised, have their post deleted or without other members asking the moderator to have them all banned. Yes, even when it appears to be completely unrelated to Miami football. Of course in this particular case, it is clear that this thread is about the actions of our previous coaching staff and the facts surrounding their actions in killing our program. Personally, I find the evidence overwhelming that they were guilty.....I didn't know it was on Netflix already though.

Reactions: apopkacane and et61
I watched the series, then looked at the evidence that wasn't in the show, and then did background on that evidence.

I came away from the series believing he was most likely guilty, but shouldn't have been convicted. His nephew was innocent.

I came away from the "stuff that wasn't included" feeling the exact same way. It was circumstantial at best.

After looking into that evidence I think he Avery is most likely innocent. Kratz, the prosecutor, has been everywhere and is embarrassing himself. I'm not sure why he thinks he can lie to the national press? But his stupid ass may get Avery a new trial if he doesn't shut up.

Right... Or you read the release on the internet that Kratz put it out stating the 9 facts the show left out. Some of which are still debatable and fishy.

Or he actually read the court documents.

In order to believe this guy is not guilty, you have to believe the cops planted multiple pieces of evidence. You have to believe they obtained his sweat and placed it on the key chain then planted the key chain. You have to believe they planted his sweat in her car. You have to believe they somehow obtained his blood and planted it in her car, because the evidence shows it wasn't from that vial. You have to believe they found a bullet fragment shot from Avery's gun and planted her blood on it then planted it in his garage.

That's crazy!

Reactions: canestampa
Back of my comfort food. Or I will go retard on you. I like the new Vanilla ones by the way.

Def the cream filled chocolate cupcakes.... especially if they have been sitting in the 7-11 for a few months. They need time to ferment... like a good wine.

Yeah, I flipped out when they filed for bankruptcy.... although I have been successfully off them for almost 2 years now.

Reactions: apopkacane
But seriously, that reporter....

images_zpsk8qandnw.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT