ADVERTISEMENT

Man, talk about the legend of TVD

TKBray

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2017
After the way he played the last three games plus the second half of UNC, if he had rallied us from 17-0 down to win at Doak against our hated rival? Talk about being the man. Three TDs and probably 200+ passing yards in the second half. Despite a horrible start, still finished with 300+ yards for the 4th consecutive game and 4 more TDs.

Saw folks already turning on him after a poor start to the game(just a couple idiots on Facebook). I was disappointed in the overthrow to George that would've been a TD in the endzone and him missing Smith when he got behind the corner on our first offensive play in the second half which is probably a long TD too if he throws an accurate ball. But I wasn't that mad at the INTs he threw. The first one deep to Smith, if Smith isn't able to bring that ball in you'd at the very least like to see him not make sure the DB doesn't catch it. And the second one, 8 times out of 10 that is either caught by Harley or falls incomplete. The safety just made a miraculous play holding onto it.

In a way, you could kinda say TVD did his job late. Three consecutive TD drives to give us an 8 point lead. Only to have our defense give up scores on both of the last two drives. I already said in another thread I would have liked to see Lashlee put it all on TVD to make a decision and use his arm to find an open man or use his legs on the 3rd & 4 play instead of that particular play design to Mallory which didn't put Mallory in a position to succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News